General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Warning!! Don't you hate when your own Maxima.org members try to screw you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 08:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bear with me this is quite lengthy but worth the read.

I generally participate in discussions in the 3rd Gen Forum. I have a white 1990 SE I bought November 2000. I immediately began restoring some of the factory equipment, one of the items I began looking for were Nissan original floor mats in black to match my black interior. I called every Nissan dealership I could find and nobody had them available any longer. Well later on a Maxima.org member named 1FasMax posted a thread in the 3rd Gen Forum and said he was selling some used parts including black floor mats. I immediately called him at the number he posted and told him I was interested in the floor mats. The guy's name is Matt Lauritsen, he was nice as can be, we made arrangements for me to purchase the floor mats for $35 including shipping since I live in Texas. We agreed I would send him a check and once he receive the check he would send the mats. On March 1, 2001 I overnighted Matt a personal check for $35. Needless to say I have yet to receive the floor mats that he has promised twice to ship to me immediately. My check was paid on March 5th, so I figured I should have received the mats within a few days, we had agreed on ground shipping, I attempted to call him several times to find out the status, well by March 15th I still hadn't received the floor mats. Here is the email I send on March 15th.

------------------------------------------------------------
----Original Message Follows----
To: <NissMaxSE@aol.com>
Subject: Floor mats
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:13:28 -0600

I have called you several times, I need to know when you are going to ship the floor mats. You have received and cash my check. Please call me at work or home, my work number is 800-624-0503 x7976 and home number is 972-664-0687. Or email me....
------------------------------------------------------

I then finally reached him late on March 15th. He stated he had been out of town, I told him no problem when can you ship the mats, he said Saturday on the phone and then he emailed on March 16th. Here is his email.

To: cbrowneyes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Floor mats
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:30:48 EST

Just a reply, this e mail was probably from before we spoke last night.....I will be working today until 5 pm. I know I said that I would send them today, however, if I cant make it, 100% for sure absolutely Sat., its my day off, so they will get shipped, they are in my trunk boxed, and ready to go.......if you need to please call me at 805-340-7959

Thanks Matthew Lauristen
-------------------------------------------------------

Again, I patiently waited and never received the mats. I called again and again he never was responded, so finally he sends me an email on March 28th.

Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:00:00 EST

I just havent been home, I will get them out ASAP.

Thanks Matthew Lauritsen

Again I waited patiently, thinking okay the mats should arrive shortly. Finally getting frustrated, and I believe rightfully so, I sent him another email on April 5th more than a week later after still having not received the mats

Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:06:45 -0500

Okay, it has now been another week and I have yet to see the floor mats. HAVE THEY BEEN SHIPPED OR NOT?? I think I have been very patient and I am really trying not to come across as rude, but I think anyone else would have been calling and screaming, I know your busy but you promised to shipped the mats almost 4 weeks ago, almost a month ago. You don't cash people's check and then not give them their merchandise. If you have not shipped them, then just forget about it and just send me back the $35. No questions asked. I'll get them from somewhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Well now not only will he not return any phone calls and when he does answer the phone he just hangs up. He won't even have the courtesy to email me or anything. I have asked him to just return my money no questions asked. He hasn't done that either. I hate to vent this on the forum but I believe members should know and take precautions. I felt like being a member of the organization, people with a common interest, helping each other, we should be able to trust others in this forum when trading or giving information and advice. I value the opinion of all the members here and I know that others do too, or else many of us would not be here. Maybe that's not a reality, but I learned my lesson and I know others have good experiences and I know that is the case more often than not, but its something to keep in mind.

Now, I again I still need black floor mats, anybody know any dealerships I could check?
Old 04-12-2001, 08:25 AM

sorry for the trouble

What was his tag... newbie... lurker.... enthusiast... fanatic... maxamaniac...etc? I've often though about buying used parts from members to mod my Max more inexpensively than with new parts, but I've been weary to do so yet. I guess my rule of thumb is that I won't buy from anyone unless their at least a fanatic. By this point, their not just some newbie looking to rip someone off. On the bright side, be thankful it's only $35 and not a few hunderd on some exhaust peice.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:25 AM

Sorry to hear about that.
I hope you get everything worked out
Old 04-12-2001, 08:31 AM

dude

get some legal advise.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:35 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Interesting.......

I've done buisness with this member before once face to face and another thru the mail, him being in LA area and I'm in SF area. When we meet each other for our first transaction he was very pleasant and nice, nothing out the ordinary. We had other transactions thru the mail that went without a problem. Granted, I'm not trying to defend his actions (four weeks extremely long) but hopefully your transaction with him will come to a end, soon.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:48 AM

Re: Interesting.......

He's a Maxima Fanatic. Like I said, I talked to the guy a couple of times, he was very pleasant on the phone. He seemed very nice, but he doesn't have to courtesy to even call me or email me now to tell me what happened, or tell me he send the mats but UPS lost them, or even tell me he's sending me my money back. I don't really care about the money either, it that fact that in reality we are all strangers on this board but we come together here with common interest to help each other here and almost develop a certain trust with each other. It's like now I know your a Maxima enthusiast it like, wow I know this guy even though I have never met him, but he has the same interest it do. Oh, I learned my lesson, I just this to heard.

Originally posted by CandiMan
I've done buisness with this member before once face to face and another thru the mail, him being in LA area and I'm in SF area. When we meet each other for our first transaction he was very pleasant and nice, nothing out the ordinary. We had other transactions thru the mail that went without a problem. Granted, I'm not trying to defend his actions (four weeks extremely long) but hopefully your transaction with him will come to a end, soon.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:59 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

One more thing

See the pic in the upper right corner of my sig pic (blk leather pwr seats) those are courtesy of this guy. I still say there has to be a reason, doesn't matter how lame it is. But we learn from experience, chow.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: dude

Originally posted by sleeper
get some legal advise.

Legal advice over $35? Look, it sounds like this guy is bein a jerk and rippin Knowledge off. But for $35 it's not worth legal -- I think this post has already cost that guy way more than $35 in embarassment!!!
Old 04-12-2001, 09:44 AM
I'm needing a caw

You really hate to see this happen. HOPEFULLY HE CAN TAKE THIS POST AS A REMINDER AND SHIP THE GOODS OUT ASAP. I'm all would be forgiven if he did. Seems like a nice(abeit lazy) guy.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:04 AM

guess he's not 1fasmax
Old 04-12-2001, 10:07 AM
MAXDriver

On the bright side, you're not spending a couple grands buying a new engine and end up with a box of bricks.
Hope everything works out for ya soon.

Old 04-12-2001, 11:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well, I hate that it's happening to you, but maybe at least there's a lesson in there:

Never, ever, ever, ever send your goods out before getting payment for it. That includes a check. If its a personal check, take it to the bank, wait about 10 business days for it to have time to clear and potentially bounce, and THEN send it out. I got burned once and that's all it took.
Old 04-12-2001, 11:19 AM
OG :)

Originally posted by KnowledgeBorn
Now, I again I still need black floor mats, anybody know any dealerships I could check?
South Point Nissan. Remove those phone numbers? I would.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:59 PM

That is really weird, that someone would do that to you over $35. I mean does a person need a day off to ship you the mats? It's pretty pathetic, to have so a low price to compromise one's integrity. Forget it, he needs the money more than you.

I just bought playoff tickets (one seat) from someone for over $1100. I physically have only 7 tickets of 14 and used a personal check. This could be a two-way street--if my check bounced, this dude could be out $525 just like that. On the other hand, if the team gets blown-out in 4 games, I'd be out $375 if I didn't get the refund for the unused tickets. Or, even after the first 7, he could rip me off for the last 7. Moral of the story is we're only talking about $1100, neither one of us is going to be dishonest over this amount.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:28 PM

Man...

I feel your pain! I have been burnt before as well. I hope there is a better ending to yours than mine!
Old 04-13-2001, 05:57 AM

This Guy suck ***** he burned me too, same thing happen to me he told me he had ->

some rear bose speaker for sale for $50 I sent him the money back in December its now april still have not receive the speakers or my money back. He doesn't answer his cell phone or his Email. I just called it a lost I never complained now I feel a little guilty because I could have warned you all.
Sorry man but I am also feeling your pain. Maybe Jambo can help us out on this matter. Make this guy suffer anytime he comes on this board his tag should be Thief not maxima maniac.

I generally participate in discussions in the 3rd Gen Forum. I have a white 1990 SE I bought November 2000. I immediately began restoring some of the factory equipment, one of the items I began looking for were Nissan original floor mats in black to match my black interior. I called every Nissan dealership I could find and nobody had them available any longer. Well later on a Maxima.org member named 1FasMax posted a thread in the 3rd Gen Forum and said he was selling some used parts including black floor mats. I immediately called him at the number he posted and told him I was interested in the floor mats. The guy's name is Matt Lauritsen, he was nice as can be, we made arrangements for me to purchase the floor mats for $35 including shipping since I live in Texas. We agreed I would send him a check and once he receive the check he would send the mats. On March 1, 2001 I overnighted Matt a personal check for $35. Needless to say I have yet to receive the floor mats that he has promised twice to ship to me immediately. My check was paid on March 5th, so I figured I should have received the mats within a few days, we had agreed on ground shipping, I attempted to call him several times to find out the status, well by March 15th I still hadn't received the floor mats. Here is the email I send on March 15th.

I have called you several times, I need to know when you are going to ship the floor mats. You have received and cash my check. Please call me at work or home, my work number is 800-624-0503 x7976 and home number is 972-664-0687. Or email me....

I then finally reached him late on March 15th. He stated he had been out of town, I told him no problem when can you ship the mats, he said Saturday on the phone and then he emailed on March 16th. Here is his email.

Just a reply, this e mail was probably from before we spoke last night.....I will be working today until 5 pm. I know I said that I would send them today, however, if I cant make it, 100% for sure absolutely Sat., its my day off, so they will get shipped, they are in my trunk boxed, and ready to go.......if you need to please call me at 805-340-7959

Thanks Matthew Lauristen

Again, I patiently waited and never received the mats. I called again and again he never was responded, so finally he sends me an email on March 28th.

Thanks Matthew Lauritsen

Again I waited patiently, thinking okay the mats should arrive shortly. Finally getting frustrated, and I believe rightfully so, I sent him another email on April 5th more than a week later after still having not received the mats

Okay, it has now been another week and I have yet to see the floor mats. HAVE THEY BEEN SHIPPED OR NOT?? I think I have been very patient and I am really trying not to come across as rude, but I think anyone else would have been calling and screaming, I know your busy but you promised to shipped the mats almost 4 weeks ago, almost a month ago. You don't cash people's check and then not give them their merchandise. If you have not shipped them, then just forget about it and just send me back the $35. No questions asked. I'll get them from somewhere else.

Well now not only will he not return any phone calls and when he does answer the phone he just hangs up. He won't even have the courtesy to email me or anything. I have asked him to just return my money no questions asked. He hasn't done that either. I hate to vent this on the forum but I believe members should know and take precautions. I felt like being a member of the organization, people with a common interest, helping each other, we should be able to trust others in this forum when trading or giving information and advice. I value the opinion of all the members here and I know that others do too, or else many of us would not be here. Maybe that's not a reality, but I learned my lesson and I know others have good experiences and I know that is the case more often than not, but its something to keep in mind.

Old 04-13-2001, 10:06 PM
1FasMax

A record of my actions

I Dont feel a need to write a extremely long post regarding this matter, howeer I would like to explain the following: I hae been on this board for about 6 months, I have made about 10 or so tranactions as far as sales go on here, there has been 2 that didnt maintain positie results, the one being discussed, his dates on the actions and e mails look correct, I do need to comment the money was sent to me with no return address, and he didnt call me for about 10 days with an address to send the floor mats to, Howeer I do appologize for the further delay, Caused by personal reasons that I would rather not discuss, I would like to note anyone here can look thru my posts and see past sales with other well established members on the board, that had no problems delaing with me, Im not a thief!! Look into it!! anyways I this needs to be wrapped up, Here is the USPS tracking number on the floor mats sent today (0300 1290 0001 6425 0247) I assure you all the member with the complaint will within 5 days note that he got his package, I didnt follow thru due to the bashing from ou all, otherwise there would be man past complaints....

Matt Lauritsen

Old 04-13-2001, 10:10 PM
1FasMax

BTW

I know how to spell and know proper english, my keyboard has 2 non-working letters....haha

Later Matt

Old 04-13-2001, 10:32 PM

WTF?

Thanks Matthew Lauristen

Thanks Matthew Lauritsen

I feel for ya man but I'm sure you know there are still lots of good and honest members here. I hope this guy has the heart to return your cash or at least let you know WTF is going on. This is quite disheartening.
Old 04-13-2001, 10:52 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: WTF?

Originally posted by annimax

I feel for ya man but I'm sure you know there are still lots of good and honest members here. I hope this guy has the heart to return your cash or at least let you know WTF is going on. This is quite disheartening.
Psssstttt... dude just said he shipped them.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:02 PM

hey candiman the word youre trying to say is ciao not chow its all good man just letting you know lol
Old 04-14-2001, 05:46 AM

Re: You claim you are not a thief, So what happen to my money?->

Its been 4 months since I sent you my money for the speakers. I Email you tons of time call you long distance several times left you several messages and you refuse to take 2 minute out of your time to reply. I gave you plenty of time to undo the wrong you did to me. Then you come on here and still didn't respond to me and my problem with you.
You Mr Matt lauritsen are a Mother F@cking Thief and you can take my $50.00 and shove it up your A$$!!Or buy a new F@cking keyboard you A$$hole.
Jose
Old 04-14-2001, 10:09 AM

Well, I actually posted an update in the 3rd Gen forum, before I read this. Like I said in my other post, I understand that things happen, but I did give you my work address, we talked about that and I sent you a personal check which has my home address on it. I left you several, several messages not once did you call me back to say hey I don't know where to ship these....But I agree, I want to put this thing to rest. I appreciate you going forward and shipping the mats, I look forward to receiving them and I will let everyone know that you did good by me and kept your word. I never accused you of being a thief, not once did i even say that you were bad or evil or no good or anything,and I told people you were pleasant on the phone. I did say that you not very courteous, I mean, you hung the phone up twice when I called you, I feel you owe me an apology for that moreso than the mats because it made me feel like you were saying "screw you".. I am willing to let by-gones be by-gones but it looks like you have another member to deal with. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2001, 11:13 AM

can't se just help that guy? Goto his house and beat him up?
It just sucks seeing people getting ripped.
Old 04-14-2001, 01:06 PM

Re: Re: WTF?

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Psssstttt... dude just said he shipped them.
???
Old 04-14-2001, 01:26 PM
1FasMax

handling a problem like a child!!

2 people had/have a issue against me, knowledgeborn handles himself in a adult fashion, addressed the issue, worked it out with me, and now its resolved, on theother hand Jose posts a reply using several obsine words, read his post, you all see my actions, good and bad, what type of person handles it the way JOSE is?? and BTW just to show this is all NOT over me trying to rip off ORG members I have decided that the remaining items I had left for sale...never even posted for that matter...just misc 92 VE motor parts...ill give them away FREE of charge.....just let me know. The Money doesnt mean anything to me!!!

Matthew Lauritsen

Old 04-14-2001, 08:34 PM
NAmEDMAX

HINT

ok first of all i would never trust anyone that i do NOT know. except for stillen dealers, or people like cheston, u know wat i mean? so wat if the stuff is cheap not worth it. i rather spend extra money and buy it safe! u learned ur lesson, maybe next time u should buy from stillen authorized dealer.
or u can arrange where u can meet, always play it safe.

good luck next time.

man i did not know all u guyz got burned. sorry to hear that.

Old 04-14-2001, 09:55 PM

Re: What 4 months and I shouldn't be ****ed and like I said earlier->

you post on here but you refuse to comment on my situation? You ran off with my $50 dollars you refuse to answer emails you refuse to answer your phone because you Know my area code. Now you want to play like you are innocent by offering free parts. (LoL)
Like I said before you are nothing but a F@cking Thief in my book and take the money and shove it up your f@cking A$$.
Jose
Old 04-14-2001, 10:10 PM

Re: I agree, But you figure this type of thing would happen on ebay->

not on the maxima.org we suppose to be like family. I've been around since 97 and I can't remember something like this happening. I guess time has changed thanks for the advise!!
Jose

Originally posted by NAmEDMAX
ok first of all i would never trust anyone that i do NOT know. except for stillen dealers, or people like cheston, u know wat i mean? so wat if the stuff is cheap not worth it. i rather spend extra money and buy it safe! u learned ur lesson, maybe next time u should buy from stillen authorized dealer.
or u can arrange where u can meet, always play it safe.

good luck next time.

man i did not know all u guyz got burned. sorry to hear that.
Old 04-15-2001, 12:11 AM

sigh.. damnn sucks ta noe these things go on.
Old 04-17-2001, 01:19 PM

Update....

Well, I arrived at work this morning and I had a long, thin shipping box on my desk. It was the floor mats!!! So I want to let everybody know, Matt promised me he shipped the matts, provided me a tracking number and today they were delivered....