General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

REALLY miss the maxima

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Looks like most of you guys diss new Neons with no reason. It is quite allright to compare new model to the old one, but saying that it was garbage and still is garbage is just ignorant. Do you have evidence that new Neons deserve same reliability reputation as old ones?

I can see where some of you are coming from, I spent whole lotta time myself under the hood of my mom's Neon, untill we eventually traded it in for a new Civic.

I am not defending here SRT-4, I am just saying that some people here are pretty biased!
Old 10-27-2004, 08:43 PM
vsamoylov

well that neon looks ok. except the eyelids. and that sticker on the hood is preety funny actually but i admit is could be fast but i wouldnt spend my money or time on it. but that just me.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima95Tuner

This SRT will hand anyone here their ***, guaranteed. I had no respect at all for a "neon" until I saw his car. It's not dropped on 19 inch gunmetal rims. This winter at the track will prove the 11 second car. He's put about 5 grand into it...

its a wanna be WRX....nothing more to say...11 second neon..cool, mardigrasmax did 11's how many 11 second srt-4's are there...probably about the same amount as 11 second maxima owners.

Tony
Old 10-27-2004, 09:35 PM
vsamoylov

11 second maxima? inform me? nas? turbo? slicks?

Old 10-27-2004, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
11 second maxima? inform me? nas? turbo? slicks?

last I heard, mardigras was doing this on a V1 SC and Nitrous setup on slicks.
correct me if I'm wrong..
Old 10-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally Posted by Jade95Maxima
its a wanna be WRX....nothing more to say...11 second neon..cool, mardigrasmax did 11's how many 11 second srt-4's are there...probably about the same amount as 11 second maxima owners.

Tony
And how much money did MardiGras spend on mods alone? And be realistic there. There are a few 11 second SRT's in arizona, probably a good 4 or 5, maybe more.

But the point is, Nobody gives credit where credit is due. Im not dissing on maximas at all, it's still god's chariot in my opinion, but I give Jordan and his 11 second neon much props, cuz for 5 grand, you can't beat it...

Old 10-27-2004, 09:51 PM

it suck how they dont make those hi, smiley neon commercials anymore that srt4 look mad or something lol
Old 10-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Why can't we just face that the maxima is not the best car in the world. Is a damn good bang for the buck, but lets just face it. When it comes to performance Mopar Ownz Nissan because Nismo doesn't have our back.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:24 PM

Some of you guys are so harsh on the guy, but seriously I don't know why every time some one mention SRT-4 bashin begins. http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267946
..... aye.. I miss the maxima too, what a great car
Old 10-27-2004, 11:35 PM

I sat inside one of those Neons at a car show, and while I'd never buy one (diehard japanese car fan) I did like the feel of the shifter and the seats were real nice and comfortable. So it's still a neon, but a damn nice one. And hey, as long as you're having fun, more power to you.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima95Tuner
And how much money did MardiGras spend on mods alone? And be realistic there. There are a few 11 second SRT's in arizona, probably a good 4 or 5, maybe more.

But the point is, Nobody gives credit where credit is due. Im not dissing on maximas at all, it's still god's chariot in my opinion, but I give Jordan and his 11 second neon much props, cuz for 5 grand, you can't beat it...

yeah but the dodges are built like **** and the thing will fall apart even sooner...i hate dodge and american cars with a passion, not because i drive a japanese import...its because i have driven american cars and they are lacking something that the european and japanese cars excel at...i would still take a skyline any day over any car...that car you pay a lil for it, but you don't even have to mod the sucker...and it will put out times close to the 11 second srt-4 that had to put 5 grand into it....but you can't really compare a skyline to a srt-4...its like comparing chocolate and $hit!

ok im done.

Tony
Old 10-28-2004, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by 98maxsel
umm. Did I say it was? To me right now speed is a Big influence, since "I" bought this neon for speed, not comfort.
Wasn't talking to you buddy.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by nismology
Wasn't talking to you buddy.

oh so you were talking to me i feel the same as he does, but nissan is my fav manufacture and i plan to keep my 4th gen till it **** the bed unless someone buy it for mad $$$
Old 10-28-2004, 11:21 AM

WTF you compare here Maxima to SRT-4. These cars were built for completely diferent purposes:

- Maxima: Mid-size family sedan
- SRT-4: Compact Performance sedan

Comepletely different market segments.

Now that every one on this board pushes Maxima beyond its initial market spot designation towards performance and Maxima does handle it well thanks to its VQ, is a completely different topic.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:46 PM

Damn,, all this shlt talking. I initially started this thread to vent how much I regret getting rid of the max for 6k, it was woth 10-11k. And how I miss a comfortable car. I still love my new car even if it is a neon, and I know speed isn't everything to everyone but I'm a speed freak so thats me. Yea, and how come anyone starts talking about the neon srt, everyone gets all defensive and bashful?
Old 10-28-2004, 06:00 PM
vsamoylov

well i jsut saw and srt 4 on the road and i really didnt like it. exhaust note is not my taste and it rides and sits kinda funny. the guy that was driving it saw my max though and gave me a thumbs up though. lol.

Old 10-28-2004, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by minsbang
let's get this clear. the srt-4 is a neon! (modified neon)
when we see it on the road, what does it look like?? a dodge neon.
When people see the car on the road, most will say "oh, that's a neon", not "oh, that's a neon srt-4"
It goes the same with the Evo, it's a modified lancer.
STI=modified WRX

I know some of you won't agree with me, but that's just the way i see things.

It is NOT the same, your point about srt-4's, STI's, and EVO's is completely shot down once you get to the actual mechanics of the cars. The Lancer and the Lancer EVO do not even share the same FRAME, much less any other type of part. I would venture to say the srt-4 doesn't have a whole lot in common with the regular neon other than the model-wide dodge styling and the name.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
well i jsut saw and srt 4 on the road and i really didnt like it. exhaust note is not my taste and it rides and sits kinda funny. the guy that was driving it saw my max though and gave me a thumbs up though. lol.

That's cool and all, more power to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but you need to learn to spell and use correct grammer.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by 98maxsel
That's cool and all, more power to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but you need to learn to spell and use correct grammer.
Props to you as well for trying something new. People on the .org are the ultimate haters and you can't ever take them serious. I was thinking about getting the srt-4 when I bought my new car but I went with a WRX. But there is nothing wrong with going down another path even if it is a neon, it's still a neon that will whoop their azz.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:14 PM

mad haterade right? wtf and someone pull a skyline into the topic about a srt4 ?? come on now, yeah sure them are "lil money" goodluck getting one, the way you talking if that skyline is pulling 11 sec im sure you be making that thing do high 13s non driving ***, in the end srt4 is good cause it make other companys come out with a car that compete on the same level. more competition = better cars
Old 10-29-2004, 12:25 AM

lets just drop this thread already....congrats on the neon...tear it up and lets move on to something else.

Tony
Old 10-29-2004, 09:13 AM

yeah, good luck with the Dodge Neon. And tell the people in the "Neon" forums that the SRT is a factory modifed neon, just wanna get that clear.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:32 AM

in my opinion because you stated you brought the car for one and one reason only to be fast, thats when the bashing starts. the neon is nice and pretty darn nimble for a neon but fast it is not. when im hanging with the boys with evo's, wrx, they laugh if you even suggest the neon can hang with them but if you mention c-max(who owns a max) everybody shuts up. i have witnessed first hand c-max demolish a stage 2 neon like he wasnt moving he swore he was spraying which he wasn't at the time he opened the trunk and showed us the bottle not connected also meccanoble and liquidvenom and a couple other org memebrs were there and us max owners were proud that night. because when c-max was lining up with the neon they was talking crap about the max is a slow p.o.s. and they whip them all day but after the race they were 2 ft tall and couldnt say anything. now if you brought your car to have a new very quick car then you brought a nice ride, but if you brought it to be faster than a equivalent modified max n:
Old 10-29-2004, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by maxboogie
in my opinion because you stated you brought the car for one and one reason only to be fast, thats when the bashing starts. the neon is nice and pretty darn nimble for a neon but fast it is not. when im hanging with the boys with evo's, wrx, they laugh if you even suggest the neon can hang with them but if you mention c-max(who owns a max) everybody shuts up. i have witnessed first hand c-max demolish a stage 2 neon like he wasnt moving he swore he was spraying which he wasn't at the time he opened the trunk and showed us the bottle not connected also meccanoble and liquidvenom and a couple other org memebrs were there and us max owners were proud that night. because when c-max was lining up with the neon they was talking crap about the max is a slow p.o.s. and they whip them all day but after the race they were 2 ft tall and couldnt say anything. now if you brought your car to have a new very quick car then you brought a nice ride, but if you brought it to be faster than a equivalent modified max n:

good final thought man.

Tony
Old 10-29-2004, 02:06 PM

There is so much ignorance in this thread that it's hard to even know where to begin

Congrats on the new car. It's a great bang for the buck and just wait until the aftermarket for them gets even bigger.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:13 PM

nissan iz the ****....im on my 3'rd one, own a maxima and a 240 right now
Old 10-29-2004, 02:43 PM
brotherhood of tq

hey wats up maxboogie, i've seen maxes take out srt-4's in springvalley. i've seen it happen alot actually. but the thing we forget is that its a fully worked max vs a stock or slightly modded srt-4. thats no excuse but we need o realize that much. casey beats them but he has a v2 wit lots of boost and tons of mods, mecca has done it also wit a v2 and almost every mod buyable, and cmax... lets just say from wat i rememebr he doesnt even need to spray. a 6psi auto cmax beat a 11psi fully modded 5-speed mecca so that tells u that cmax isnt an everyday example of wat a max can do. i say if u get a equally modded srt-4 vs a max then that would be a intresting race. i like the srt-4 and its not just a neon. different motor, tranny, suspension, most of the exterior body panels, interior and many other things are different on this car from a normal neon. we need to give respect where its due. for 20k u cant find a better value.

ohh and people stop saying dodge and american cars suck. u cant say something so broad unless u have driven every recent american car out. n i doubt anyone here has
Old 10-29-2004, 03:11 PM

Finally some intelligent convo... never dreamed it would happen in this thread!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:56 PM

Well, the bottom line is that the reason why you "really miss the max" is because you bought a dodge neon.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:04 PM

Well, the bottom line is that the reason why you "really miss the max" is because you bought a dodge neon.
Wrong . Bottom line is he purchased SRT-4 and misses certain amenities that are present in the Maxima but not in the SRT-4.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
hey wats up maxboogie, i've seen maxes take out srt-4's in springvalley. i've seen it happen alot actually. but the thing we forget is that its a fully worked max vs a stock or slightly modded srt-4. thats no excuse but we need o realize that much. casey beats them but he has a v2 wit lots of boost and tons of mods, mecca has done it also wit a v2 and almost every mod buyable, and cmax... lets just say from wat i rememebr he doesnt even need to spray. a 6psi auto cmax beat a 11psi fully modded 5-speed mecca so that tells u that cmax isnt an everyday example of wat a max can do. i say if u get a equally modded srt-4 vs a max then that would be a intresting race. i like the srt-4 and its not just a neon. different motor, tranny, suspension, most of the exterior body panels, interior and many other things are different on this car from a normal neon. we need to give respect where its due. for 20k u cant find a better value.

ohh and people stop saying dodge and american cars suck. u cant say something so broad unless u have driven every recent american car out. n i doubt anyone here has
thanks venom for the nice comments. that was my boy i raced with the neon turbo and i have hung many nights with him and let me give my opinion. i actually am contemplating on getting one just because its hot. when these guys pull up and you here the blow off valve it sounds awesome and riding in it first hand its definitley got some ***** but it can never hang with a fully modified max period. i have been up to 145 in that thing and its amazing but the problems start when people compare it to the max. the max was never built to run the way we make it especially the fourth gens, i think the 5th gens stand a much better chance stiock than us but with a couple thousand dollars we are right there with the best. thats the same thing they did with the neon they added FI and high performance parts to a neon and you have a SRT-4 thats shocked the heck out of a lot of people. my boy is going for stage three when its available but has admitted the max is a better and faster car to his surprise he has doubted the potential of the max. but like maxboogie said if you wanted just speed you could have saved 15,000 dollars and brought a turbo for the max and whipped any neon out so that wasn't a smart move. but the fact that you have a sweet new ride that is fast out the box is priceless. now watch out though cause if i get one 12 secs here i come. hey vlad whats up buddy hows the car did the that guy ever fix your car.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:15 AM
nc00max

Wow, it's nice to see that the ignorance and general snobbery on the .org hasn't changed. Always good to be reminded why I don't come here much anymore, I can't stand fanbois.

First, SRT-4's are faster than Maximas, straight line, twisties, etc, end of story. Stock for stock, and anyone who thinks that a factory f/i car isn't going to respond well to mods is an idiot, especially one built for it. Maximas are quick, but it depends on what you compare them to. Comparing them to your "overpriced Neon", forget about it. If Maximas are so blazingly fast, why are there so few 12 second passes, and only one guy, with a ****load of time and cash into his car, into the 11's? Do you have any idea how many SRT-4's are already running 12's and better? I'd venture to say there's probably more SRT-4's in the 11's than Maximas in the 13's.

Originally Posted by Jade95Maxima
yeah but the dodges are built like **** and the thing will fall apart even sooner...i hate dodge and american cars with a passion, not because i drive a japanese import...its because i have driven american cars and they are lacking something that the european and japanese cars excel at...i would still take a skyline any day over any car...that car you pay a lil for it, but you don't even have to mod the sucker...and it will put out times close to the 11 second srt-4 that had to put 5 grand into it....but you can't really compare a skyline to a srt-4...its like comparing chocolate and $hit!
Uh, yeah, ok. Let's see-Dodge most definitely doesn't have stellar build quality, I agree there. But now you're saying that a Maxima modded to run say 12's or so is going to be more reliable than an SRT-4 modded to do so? Yeah, ok. Tell that to everyone who's done f/i on their car how reliable it is once they're seriously boosted. Tell it to the guys who've blown a few engines on their way into the 12's. Also, a stock Skyline won't run 11's, forget about it. They're awesome cars, but they're not going to see that without their share of mods.

As for domestic reliability, import performance forums is probably the main place you hear that stuff. I have a Nissan and a highly modified domestic car, and guess which one has had more reliability issues? Guess which one drops a MAF about once a year, and which one had a tranny go bad on it when the only mod was a FSTB?

Comparing a stock SRT-4 to the most modded Max's out there is a bit one-sided, isn't it? Do y'all really have to tilt the tables that far to make a legitimate point? The SRT-4 was built for one thing-speed. Dodge was bright enough, and mind you I hate Dodge probably more than any manufacturer, to see that hey, this whole sport compact crap is taking off pretty good. Let's build a car that's going to dominate all the others minus the two most expensive ones in its class, and let's make it affordable to a huge segment of the population, in particular the portion that's in the market for such a car. Wait, now let's add on factory performance upgrades and warranty them. Let's also support a huge aftermarket so that said market can upgrade them with ease and small amounts of cash.

Yeah, what a bunch of morons. Dunno what they're thinking. I also can't imagine anyone wanting a factory-fast car that's easily and cheaply modded.

Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 AM

SRT-4 = Neon
Old 10-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

SRT-4 = Neon

You = Moron
Old 11-01-2004, 11:42 AM

Great reply nc00max!!

Hey CMAX, good to hear you're still around and are kicking some a$$ there with your Max! Mine is still running great (not that long ago repainted), thanks!!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:13 PM

Wow, some convos worth reading... All this hating would be different or justifiable if I came in here boasting of my car, but that wasn't the case. All I said was I miss some stuff about the max the neon doesn't have and all hell breaks loose.
But hey Vlad, nc00max, C MAX, you guys have some wisdom! I appreciate the non-biased reasonable comments.

"Wow, it's nice to see that the ignorance and general snobbery on the .org hasn't changed. Always good to be reminded why I don't come here much anymore, I can't stand fanbois." nc00max

Man how much this forum has changed in the last 2 years!
Old 11-08-2004, 05:42 PM

Got my 2 maximas stolen in my drive way.Some people go the distance. LOL looking to get another one. So till then i won't be on anymore.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:36 AM
Otis_Speeding

Originally Posted by AuToMaX_95
Some of you guys are so harsh on the guy, but seriously I don't know why every time some one mention SRT-4 bashin begins. http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267946
..... aye.. I miss the maxima too, what a great car

Because so many of our max's got eaten up by the smiley face cars