General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Where to put nitrous nozzle.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 06:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I was reading up on nitrous installs. And I came across this site that says that the nitrous nozzle should be as far away from the TB as possible. I always throught it was the other way around. So, which one is it? This guy just installed his kit. I'm sure some of you guys, like SX7R and MardiGras Max would know better.

http://www.superhonda.com/reviews/ze...trous_kit.html

ZuM
Old 04-16-2001, 07:11 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

For a dry kit, the jet has to be in between the TB and MAF. On the Maxima, that's only about 6".

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
I was reading up on nitrous installs. And I came across this site that says that the nitrous nozzle should be as far away from the TB as possible. I always throught it was the other way around. So, which one is it? This guy just installed his kit. I'm sure some of you guys, like SX7R and MardiGras Max would know better.

ZuM
Old 04-16-2001, 07:25 AM

I guess it would be bad to freeze the MAF element.. hehe.

So have you run that moster you have set up under the hood yet? That wet setup looks good.

ZuM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
For a dry kit, the jet has to be in between the TB and MAF. On the Maxima, that's only about 6".

Old 04-16-2001, 07:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ZuM
It is what it is on a CAI'd Max.

Check my pictures, I have a shot of where mine is.

And actually you can spray through the MAF. It will cause the fuel injector duty cycle to go to 100%. This is how the LS1 guys run their dry nitrous system. It may be a way to get a bit more out of the fuel system with stock injectors.
Old 04-16-2001, 07:44 AM

What's the difference

between a wet setup and a dry? I've planned to go with an SC down the road, but I think I'll do a NO2 instead.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:16 AM

Would doing so damage anything? I would think the MAF wouldn't like nitrous passing through it..

ZuM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

It is what it is on a CAI'd Max.

Check my pictures, I have a shot of where mine is.

And actually you can spray through the MAF. It will cause the fuel injector duty cycle to go to 100%. This is how the LS1 guys run their dry nitrous system. It may be a way to get a bit more out of the fuel system with stock injectors.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:20 AM

Not yet. I'm still waiting for a part. MSD window switch.

So have you run that moster you have set up under the hood yet? That wet setup looks good.

ZuM

[/B]
Old 04-16-2001, 09:21 AM

The nozzle is suppose to go between the TB and the MAF. If you have the CAI, then it should be easy. As far as putting the nozzle infront of the MAF, i have never tried it but i would just rahter get a new fuel pump just to be safe rather then doin this method for more gas.
Old 04-16-2001, 09:44 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: What's the difference

Originally posted by Frezny
between a wet setup and a dry? I've planned to go with an SC down the road, but I think I'll do a NO2 instead.
With dry, NO2 is injected with a nozzle and the extra fuel is provided by the factory injectors.

With wet, NO2 and the extra fuel are both injected together with a nozzle.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:48 PM

It needs to be as close the the TB (without obstructing the butterfly) as possible. Actually tapping into the TB is the best bet.
Old 04-16-2001, 03:35 PM

here's a picture of mine, the attachment is a closer pic.

Old 04-16-2001, 03:52 PM

Oh, forgot to mention Don as one of the nitrous gurus.. =) Dude, I want a VB.. =P

ZuM
Old 04-16-2001, 04:45 PM

There are several types of wet kit. Direct port, single fogger or plate system. Mine is a direct port where the foggers are at the end of the upper intake manifold. If it's a single fogger, the fogger needs to be at the same place as the dry kit nozzle. Fuel is NOT added at the nozzle for the dry kit. Dry = No fuel at the nozzle. Wet = fuel at the nozzle aka fogger. Fogger = Wet.

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
All the MAF is a Nichrome wire that is heated at a constant temp, and when air passes by the temperature fluctuation causes an electrical signal to the ECU and then the ECU sends a signal to the injectors providing the right amount of fuel for the incoming air.
Isn't wet system injected directly after the TB around the intake manifold, and a dry system injects before the TB ?

Fuel is added with the nitrous at the nozzle on both kits.

-Peace
Old 04-16-2001, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by sx7r
here's a picture of mine, the attachment is a closer pic.

Did you get the second stage to work?
Old 04-16-2001, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

Did you get the second stage to work?

yes, i got it to work. 60/40, less traction problems now.
Old 04-16-2001, 07:41 PM

hey sx7r...just inquiring about the dual stage setup! so u have like 2 bottles and everything? the 40 kicks in when? the 60 kicks in when? they both run at the same time after ?? seems very interesting

gauge questions...can someone list the gauges i should get? sx7r, i like your setup. I have the pod already...i want A/F, fuel pressure, and EGT. also, sx7r, i like your mounted shift light, is it autometer/gauge? if someone could list some tight white faced gauges that light up at night, i would really apreciate it.

fuel pump...where can i get the walbro high flow high pressure pump that mardigrasmax uses?

the jc whitney NOS kit sale. $375 for a nitrous kit, good deal. im planning on ordering it this week...does anyone know what kit it is? i called them and they had no idea what size jet it is or what the actual .nos part number is...fools i think i remember hearing it is 5123? a 60 shot?

im planning on busting out a 60-ish shot as soon as i get my 5 speed...ill be ready for the summer runs!

thanks a lot for all the info...good thread!
casey
Old 04-16-2001, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by sx7r

yes, i got it to work. 60/40, less traction problems now.
How do you triger the stages again?
Old 04-16-2001, 07:51 PM

I ordered my pump from. http://www.forcedperformance.net/ They aren't listed on their site so you will have to call them. Or look here, http://members.home.com/syclone/APE/ You don't need the accessory pack because the stock parts will fit onto the Walbro bump very easily. You can do it your self. It is messy. I did it with out the help of a shop manual so it's pretty straightforward.

The price at JC seems really good.

APEXi Gauges Look GREAT but are $$$$$, Autometer will work just fine.
Old 04-16-2001, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by global_threat
hey sx7r...just inquiring about the dual stage setup! so u have like 2 bottles and everything? the 40 kicks in when? the 60 kicks in when? they both run at the same time after ?? seems very interesting

gauge questions...can someone list the gauges i should get? sx7r, i like your setup. I have the pod already...i want A/F, fuel pressure, and EGT. also, sx7r, i like your mounted shift light, is it autometer/gauge? if someone could list some tight white faced gauges that light up at night, i would really apreciate it.

fuel pump...where can i get the walbro high flow high pressure pump that mardigrasmax uses?

the jc whitney NOS kit sale. $375 for a nitrous kit, good deal. im planning on ordering it this week...does anyone know what kit it is? i called them and they had no idea what size jet it is or what the actual .nos part number is...fools i think i remember hearing it is 5123? a 60 shot?

im planning on busting out a 60-ish shot as soon as i get my 5 speed...ill be ready for the summer runs!

casey
yeah i have two bottles, but that's not what makes the dual stage. i put a tee fitting after the first solenoid and put one solenoid on each end. the first solenoid kicks in at 3000rpm and the second stage comes on at 4200rpm. while the second stage is on, the first stage is still going.

my shift light is autometer. autometer makes a series of white faced gauges - they're called phantom series. i got my walbro fuel pump from a local guy for $100.

Matt: the first stage is triggered by an NOS window switch, and i trigger the second stage using the apexi rev/speed meter. it has a window switch on it also.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:10 PM
Administrator

This is for a 40-60 shot made by NOS.
Phone# 1-877-272-8680
Part# 47wn2927x
Program Code# DBAD3
Req Code# K494
Promo Code#SSC007
Mention that you saw it in the SCC 3/01 issue.

of course they are going to tell you they don't know what you are talking about.. its reg. $500

Originally posted by global_threat

casey