General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

CustomMaxima Body Kit Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 11:22 AM

CustomMaxima Body Kit Problems?

This is for CustomMaxima. Just wondering what the deal on my Serona Design Front bumper is. Why am I posting here? Cause I've emailed, I've used your live online help, my body shop has called numerous times. The times that my bodyshop has called they've gotten the same repetitive answer, "when you order the kit is when the kit is made" (and there was one time he called on speaker with me standing there). You're really telling me that a shop that specializes in Nissan parts keeps NO bodykit inventory at all? Its not even a whole kit its only the front bumper...I mean really...at the end of this week...my car will have been in the bodyshop for an ENTIRE MONTH...because you haven't delivered on the front bumper. Im really a patient guy but who waits an entire month for ANYTHING after he/she has ordered it? Not to mention that my guy at the bodyshop is getting annoyed because the car is taking up space in his garage.

James Auto Works in Seacliff, NY....please find out what the hold up is and GET IT DELIVERED.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Custommaxima.com

I hear ya bro. Sarona Design has some good looking body kits but is VERY difficult to get product from. We have been selling their products for 3+ years and have always had a difficult time getting them to ship out product for us in any resonable amount of time. We try to stock most of their product so that when customers place an order we can ship it out quickly, but when we are out of stock on that part we ship it directly from them. It usually take them 2-3 weeks to get it out the door. Why you ask.........I am not sure. Every day we call them to get tracking numbers to pass onto our customers and each day we are told by them "its shipping today". Yet next day rolls around and it did not ship and our customers want to know where it is.
I realize it's frusterating and I am sorry. Please understand that we are doing all we can to get them to ship it out asap. Right now we have several different style body kits in stock, perhaps you may want to switch to another style that we have in stock in our warehouse, therefore we can ship it immediately.
If you still don't receive it in another week, give me a call and i will try to give you some sort of compensation for your patience.
Thanks,
Greg
President
CustomMaxima.com

Old 04-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Old Maxima Legend

Sorry to hear man, sometimes body kits, parts, shipping, scheduling takes a long time, and I know its a bummer. I have been down the road before. I believe CE will look after you, and get things sorted. I was without my max for 2 months, and recently was without the car for 8 months and boy was that a big time bummer. just hang in there man and good luck !! in the end the max is going to look sweet !
Old 05-01-2005, 03:03 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Custommaxima.com
I hear ya bro. Sarona Design has some good looking body kits but is VERY difficult to get product from. We have been selling their products for 3+ years and have always had a difficult time getting them to ship out product for us in any resonable amount of time. We try to stock most of their product so that when customers place an order we can ship it out quickly, but when we are out of stock on that part we ship it directly from them. It usually take them 2-3 weeks to get it out the door. Why you ask.........I am not sure. Every day we call them to get tracking numbers to pass onto our customers and each day we are told by them "its shipping today". Yet next day rolls around and it did not ship and our customers want to know where it is.
I realize it's frusterating and I am sorry. Please understand that we are doing all we can to get them to ship it out asap. Right now we have several different style body kits in stock, perhaps you may want to switch to another style that we have in stock in our warehouse, therefore we can ship it immediately.
If you still don't receive it in another week, give me a call and i will try to give you some sort of compensation for your patience.
Thanks,
Greg
President
CustomMaxima.com

I think that you should not be dealing with companies that are not giving you results. Its bad for you and your customers. Warren
Old 05-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Custommaxima.com

true, in fact we stopped selling sarona parts back about a year ago and we got bombarded with phone calls to bring it back. So we brought them back to keep our customers happy. I guess we just need to continue to do our best to get those guys to ship product out and keep you guys informed along the way.

-Greg

Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM

Sarona is a pretty worthless company in general. I got my kit through Greg way back in '01. What was supposed to be a 3-4 week deal took over 8. The greatest thing was the Sarona guys lying to me every single day for 4 straight weeks as to why my kit had not shipped yet. They only have about 5 lies they use, and so they just start repeating them. Funny during one call, the guy told me that the kit was on the floor in front of him, and he swore it would ship that day. Call the next day to get my tracking number, and then I get told that they had a problem with some equipment, and that my kit would ship out next week, it hadn't even been made yet.

After I get the kit, there's the whole other fiasco involving fit and finish. This one involved the typical Sarona lies, and them hanging up on me a couple of times.

FWIW, this is a standard problem with body kit companies. As a whole, they have some of the worst ethics in the industry. I wish I could say my experience w/ Sarona was isolated, but I've dealt with multiple other companies that will do the same thing. I've seen dozens of cars in the body shop awaiting kits that had been promised but not delivered.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Custommaxima.com

Sounds like you have the same experience we have. I think they have used those 5 excuses on us over and over again.

Old 05-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yah i ordered my sarona side skirts from redlinemax.com, but sarona apparently makes them to order and they suck at it, all n all dont buy sarona products cuz the fitment BLOWS also, so its not custommaximas fault man