General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Everyone with corner light Q's----->>>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 11:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This is how you do it. To remove the corner light, there is a screw on the top remove that and they WILL pop off. After you get them off, I just removed the little pop-in plug thing that makes them a PITA to remove. The corner light doesn't rattle or move at all, so I deem them unneceesary. Now, if you just want to make your corners bright when your lights are on, this is what you do.

On a 96 on both sides, you cut the brown wire. You will not reattach it to anything. You then cut the black/red wire and connect the black/red coming out of the car and solder it to the brown wire. Voila. You now have constant 12V running to the 27W side of the light. When you turn on your turn signal, it will just stay on bright. Luckily Nissan didn't take the time to make the 8W turn off when the signal turns on, so you have a full-time constant 27W light that matches the headlight.

On a '97, the lightbulb harness is still dual filament. If you look, the bulb is still a 8W/27W bulb. All they didn't do is run a wire to the other side. So, after you get the corner light off, take the bulb out and take the harness apart. The little rubber seal thats on the back of the harness just pulls out. Now, take a soldering iron and heat up the little piece of solder on the inside of the harness that normally makes contact with the little bump on the bottom of the bulb. Just heat it up and pull slightly on the wire, and as soon as it gets hot enough, it will come out. Now, just stick it back in the other hole on the harness, and apply a small amount of solder to the wire from inside the harness. Now put everything back together and you will have a 27W constant corner that looks like factory wiring. You don't even have to cut the wires!

If you want to rewire your turns to stay on constant and flash bright also, please E-mail me. I am writing up a how-to on this since so many people have been talking about it.

Here's a pic of what my car looks like at night with rewired turns and corners. When my turn signal is on, it flashes brighter. And no, I don't know why my side marker looks purple!
Old 08-24-2000, 01:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nm

nm