General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Should Meinike fix this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 11:27 PM

So I eneded up taking my car to meineke to get my rear suspension work done (I know, bad choice). They got the stuff installed, but forgot to put the urethane covers back on the top coil of the new springs. So now I know why I am getting the clunking over bumps. Is this something they should have to fix for me? I just cant imagine going back and paying for them to tear everything down again!
Old 05-18-2001, 12:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by JonnyMax
So I eneded up taking my car to meineke to get my rear suspension work done (I know, bad choice). They got the stuff installed, but forgot to put the urethane covers back on the top coil of the new springs. So now I know why I am getting the clunking over bumps. Is this something they should have to fix for me? I just cant imagine going back and paying for them to tear everything down again!
If your talking about whart I think you are talking about then you better bring it back! I did not even know you could mount the springs with out that piece. BTW make sure you do not pay a penny becuase it is intirely there fult not to mention is is a possible safety hazard.
Old 05-18-2001, 05:13 AM

emax:)

Hey man...check out the spell check feature Just playin' with ya-

Ha,ha

SHUMAX
Old 05-18-2001, 07:04 AM

Re: emax:)

Originally posted by shumax

Ha,ha

SHUMAX
I know one thing, I am going to start using it more.

Whassup, E-money???
Old 05-18-2001, 08:24 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

take it back

No doubt- Take it back to Meineke and have them put in what they left out. I had my share of shop from hell experience when I had my H&R/Tokico's installed (long story). I wouldn't go back to the shop again to 'potentially' risk any further damage to my car. The shop I dealt with was a small operation and couldn't care less if they don't get any more business from me. But Meineke on the other hand, they're a franchaise and have a reputation to maintain. Definitly take your car back to them and you shouldn't have to pay more because they were supposed to do the job right the 1st time around.

AnGe
Old 05-18-2001, 11:56 AM

Re: emax:)

Originally posted by shumax

Ha,ha

SHUMAX
Nice picture of your rims and brakes, but next time tell Fluffy the cat to stop licking has As* on the side. LMAO.
Old 05-18-2001, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by emax95

If your talking about whart I think you are talking about then you better bring it back! I did not even know you could mount the springs with out that piece. BTW make sure you do not pay a penny becuase it is intirely there fult not to mention is is a possible safety hazard.
The part I am talking about is the urethane cover for the top coil of the springs. its a tube that is slit so you can slip it off of the old springs and onto the new ones, its about an 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch thick. supposedly it keeps the springs from clunking and rattling.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:19 PM

The part I am talking about is the urethane cover for the top coil of the springs. its a tube that is slit so you can slip it off of the old springs and onto the new ones, its about an 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch thick. supposedly it keeps the springs from clunking and rattling.
Ok, I think you've got it backwords, the thing your talking about is suppose to be on the bottom of the spring in contact with the strut{not the top}. Check and see if it is there, if it's not then you should have it put on becasue the clunking noise gets annoying.