General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Waste of a Good Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 02:32 PM
MetricT

I was driving my 99 Max SE 5spd to my brother's house Saturday night, when I got behind a black 2001 Max GLE, driving 30 in a 45 and weaving all over the place. I passed the driver, and apparently they took umbrage, because the black Max tore off and started tailgating me and flashing their lights and acting like a complete jerk.

A few miles up the road, I came up on someone in my lane turning across the road. I hit my brakes. The idiot behind me was so close that they couldn't break in time, and decided to switch lanes. They piledrived the other car.

I went for help, and came back a few minutes later. I was expecting it to be some punk 16 year old kid driving his parent's car. Instead, it was a 40-ish woman, with a 9 year old kid. She was busy blaming the accident on "another Maxima" that "hit both her and the turning car". I told the officer on the scene (who happens to be my brother's neighbor) my story, and allowed him to verify that my Maxima didn't have a scratch on it.

It's hard to believe that someone that old could be so stupid and risk her son's life on a case of road rage.

Grrr.

Old 05-21-2001, 02:35 PM
Ford Only.

That was a stupid move on her part.Maybe she was jealous because the Max you were driving looked better.Or maybe she was screaming at the kid.Who knows
Old 05-21-2001, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Or maybe she was screaming at the kid.Who knows
i second that.
Old 05-21-2001, 05:09 PM

People these days ...sad story Well for the Max.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MetricT
[B]I was driving my 99 Max SE 5spd to my brother's house Saturday night, when I got behind a black 2001 Max GLE, driving 30 in a 45 and weaving all over the place. I passed the driver, and apparently they took umbrage, because the black Max tore off and started tailgating me and flashing their lights and acting like a complete jerk.
Old 05-21-2001, 05:15 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

hmm

Did she have any mods on the car that you could have stripped off the car, that's what i would have checked for. and those 2k GLE rims and tires can fetch a good price too. it's her own fault
Old 05-21-2001, 05:31 PM

sounds like one of those lady that graduated grade 8 and think thats high school graduation and married some rich man at 15 and had 50 babies but all of them died in car accidents and the 9 yr old is the only one left
Old 05-21-2001, 06:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Me and my girl"friend" was on our way back to her house to eat dinner and some chicken head driving a Cheep Cherokee was doing the same thing, driving like a straight a$$. She was cutting people off and honking at people for no reason. So, we end up side by side at the light and me and my lady just looked at her with definite attitudes of disgust on our faces. The chick was trying to be all cool when she saw us looking dead in her eyes. I am trying to be a good boy and control my anger but I wanted that chick to cut me off. My ladies baby was in the car too, I would have gone ill. So anyway, she tears off from the light trying to be cool and playing her music loud like she doesn't care about anything. What made it worse was she was from another state. People should have more respect than that.
Old 05-21-2001, 09:15 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Maybe she was jealous because the Max you were driving looked better.

BOOOOOOOO!!
Old 05-21-2001, 09:24 PM

what if it was a 2k and not a 2k1?

There the same. I'm just teasing. Oh well, life goes on right? Maybe she was looking for a race?
Old 05-21-2001, 10:46 PM
STFU n00b!

Unfortunately I see people like this every day.. and you know what? ALMOST ALL of them are middle-aged women driving nice cars.. ***'d be one thing if it was an '88 taurus or something, but no.. these are Acuras, lexus ES, new SUVs, etc..

I had one pull out of a shopping center last week right in front of me.. I'm pretty hard to NOT see driving this '63 ford that's bigger than a full-size truck! so after I come to a screeching halt 6 ft from her, and just sit there waiting for her to wake up and get on the gas.. she just sits there looking at me, stopped halfway into the street.. I motion for her to pull out, since there's nothing else to do.. she rolls down her window and starts screaming all kinds of obscenities at me. then I notice she's got a small child in the front seat with her, eyes as big as baseballs.

I patiently sit there and let her scream at me for about 20 seconds, couldn't even understand what she was saying.. finally I give up and roll my window down.. "Ma'am. would you be acting like that if that was your mother in your car instead of your daughter? I know I wouldn't want anyone I know to see me acting like that."

she shut up instantly and tore off in her accord wagon. Then about 2 blocks later she rear-ended a truck.
Old 05-22-2001, 12:21 AM

The thing that gets me is the minivan drivers. Lately Ive seen a lot of dads driving minivans like theyre Vettes (or Maximas, which ever ya like). They swerve in and out of traffic...speeding too. When they pass me, you know theyre moving. Not 3 days ago I saw a minivan jump a row of cars. I was stopped at a stoplight with like 4 cars in front of me. Its a 2 lane road, but about 75ft after the intersection, the right lane closes. Well, some grand prix dad decides to chance it. He times it just right and when he gets to the intersection he pounds the gas and gets by everyone. I catch up to him later when hes turning and hes got like 3 kids in the car. Man, even I woulndt have jumped that light that that did.
Old 05-22-2001, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
The thing that gets me is the minivan drivers. Lately Ive seen a lot of dads driving minivans like theyre Vettes (or Maximas, which ever ya like). They swerve in and out of traffic...speeding too. When they pass me, you know theyre moving. Not 3 days ago I saw a minivan jump a row of cars. I was stopped at a stoplight with like 4 cars in front of me. Its a 2 lane road, but about 75ft after the intersection, the right lane closes. Well, some grand prix dad decides to chance it. He times it just right and when he gets to the intersection he pounds the gas and gets by everyone. I catch up to him later when hes turning and hes got like 3 kids in the car. Man, even I woulndt have jumped that light that that did.
I drive my honda odyssey minivan like my maxima and I'm 16
thats because I don't WOT it everytime I stop or cut people off
Old 05-22-2001, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
That's what I notice also. The only thing different from your experience is that I see the moms driving like maniacs. They act like it's a sports car or something. Sheesh!