General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I love road constructions...:yeahright

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Blu←
I iz at work

get ur azz to mars......get ur azz to mars
Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 AM

I hope you didn't pay someone to replace studs! All you need is a big hammer and some time
Old 08-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Cutler
I hope you didn't pay someone to replace studs! All you need is a big hammer and some time
Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Deckdout2]Given that Charlotte likes to grace us with road construction on every corner and every mile of the city. They also felt that I needed more challenges in life, because my own was too boring......

So they decided to put man holes in the road, and not pave around them to make them level with the road. Well commuters would run over them and bend their rims and blow the sidewalls of their tires. :thankscharlotte:

The man holes are about 1.5 - 2 inches tall, enough to ruin a nice set of 19's. Also, I guess one wasn't enough, cause they had about 11 or 12 in 1 lane in a row, spaced about 15 to 20 feet apart. Half were along the right tire, the other half along the left. They left that lane and 2 others open to traffic. Saw the first one after the car in front of me went over it, went to swerve around to miss it, but was too late. Couldn't get a police report cause the officer said a sign was up stating a Construction Zone and they get calls like this all the time. "humm, maybe we should fix some roads around here!"

At any rate, need some suggestions on where some "GOOD" rim repair shops might be. I don't mind shipping and paying to get it done right. On the other hand these run retail 255.00 per rim and 189.00 per tire, so if the price for repair exceeds the price of a new rim, then I'll just buy a new one.

Thanks for the help and listening.

Sorry to hear what happened to your rims. I would take these pictures and take some pictures of the road. Even though there were signs, the roads were unsafe and the should have been closed down till the manhole work was completed. Take them to the county clerk or a lawyer. They should have to pay for damages. Let me know what happens. Warren
Old 08-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Cutler
It was a DIM job.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by ramberg
Sorry to hear what happened to your rims. I would take these pictures and take some pictures of the road. Even though there were signs, the roads were unsafe and the should have been closed down till the manhole work was completed. Take them to the county clerk or a lawyer. They should have to pay for damages. Let me know what happens. Warren
Getting the city to do anything around here is like pulling teeth. I've asked a few people and a couple attorney's, and there has been 0 success. I'm being told, if it caused an accident then that's one thing, but a bent rim does not constitute the city to do jacksheit........so basically, this city can kma.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Play with my balls

More goodnews!!

My luck is getting better by the day! Went to go get an alignment, and they found that I bent my steering knuckle. They're charging me 289.00 for labor, but I think I'm going to fix this on my own. I need to source a new passenger side steering knuckle and a wheel bearing. Anyone have any good suggestions please advise.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
My luck is getting better by the day! Went to go get an alignment, and they found that I bent my steering knuckle. They're charging me 289.00 for labor, but I think I'm going to fix this on my own. I need to source a new passenger side steering knuckle and a wheel bearing. Anyone have any good suggestions please advise.
might be too late on friday but that nissan specific junk yard up by the speedway might be able to help with the knuckle. as far as the bearing goes, i would personally go with a new one. i think SR still knows some people at south blvd nissan in the parts department. i just have not heard from him since sunday when he left for the left coast.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Hmmm. Three folks from Charlotte on here in ONE thread??? I have been out of the Max forum for quite a while. Sorry to hear about the darn construction damage. Glad to see atleast you got the rim fixed. All the best.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by sloppymax
might be too late on friday but that nissan specific junk yard up by the speedway might be able to help with the knuckle. as far as the bearing goes, i would personally go with a new one. i think SR still knows some people at south blvd nissan in the parts department. i just have not heard from him since sunday when he left for the left coast.

Thanks Haydn, I'll give them a call. If I can't locate them, I'll call you. I'll get up with Williams when he gets back in town. Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by dvpatel99se
Hmmm. Three folks from Charlotte on here in ONE thread??? I have been out of the Max forum for quite a while. Sorry to hear about the darn construction damage. Glad to see atleast you got the rim fixed. All the best.

Thanks for your thoughts. We get together occasionally for dinner and to hangout. You should keep in touch and meet up with us all sometime. There's a few more in the area that meet up also.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I heard Wheel and Rim Works in Newton, Massachusetts was a good place to get the rims fixed.

Shaun is the owners son-in-law
Old 08-27-2005, 12:54 PM
SuPeRmOd

you know your DOT has to pay for that right? I know PennDot paid to replace my mom's blown tire when she went over an overturned man hole.