General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

This may be "good bye" to my max.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This may be "good bye" to my max.. :(

I have been swamped with bills, and I am being forced to find a place of my own to live, so it looks like the max will have to go up for sale. I have no idea what type of car will be next, but as long as it does not come with a payment, i will be happy.

I have poured so much time, money, effort, and my soul into this car, it will indeed be a very sad day when it goes to it's new owner... I am not looking forward to it at all. my car is listed in the wanted section of the org, here is the link if anyone is intrested: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=423290

So it looks like this is "goodbye" for now... hopefuly some mirical will happen so i can keep my baby... I haven't even taken her for her 1st dyno or track run. but alas, I have to search and put my prioritys in check. I will miss you all when it comes time for me to leave, but I will still stop in every now and then to say whats up. maybe if i get back on my feet i will start the modding all over again

but thanks to all that have helped me, and for all the props when doing projects!

-Chris
Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 PM
大陆弟弟

That is an awesome car! Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck selling the car. I would jump on those wheels but have no money
Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 PM

Sad to read. Good luck and I hope something turns around and you can keep your car.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

Good luck! Funny this thread came up b/c i have a serious buyer coming up from Indy to buy my car tomorrow. I feel exactly the same way about my car and this forum as you do. I'll post a final goodbye thread when all is finalized as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:15 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Try looking for a 3rd gen. with low miles.

You can usually find them under 2 grand in good shape.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 AM

Sorry to hear that....but hopefully things will get better for you and your max....hopefully you get what you want for it so that way it won't hurt you that much and it will help with your bills, etc....good luck with your future goals...
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 AM

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but apart from buying a car you likely couldn't afford in the first place, what killed you was the cost of all the mods you dumped into the car. A case in point is the recent expenditure on tires and rims and now your credit cards are being maxed out and you are moving out and facing yet higher costs to put a roof over your head etc. Yet at the same time you talk about modding again.

I suggest you put your priorities in place so that some day you will have something to show for yourself other than an aging modded car that is past its prime (not saying the 02 is but you get the picture, or at least should).
Old 08-16-2005, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bobo
Not to rub salt in your wounds, but apart from buying a car you likely couldn't afford in the first place, what killed you was the cost of all the mods you dumped into the car. A case in point is the recent expenditure on tires and rims and now your credit cards are being maxed out and you are moving out and facing yet higher costs to put a roof over your head etc. Yet at the same time you talk about modding again.

I suggest you put your priorities in place so that some day you will have something to show for yourself other than an aging modded car that is past its prime (not saying the 02 is but you get the picture, or at least should).

man...that's just wrong...
Old 08-16-2005, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by nadeemp8
Are you disagreeing with me? If so, you are condoning out of control spending that would result in serious financial difficulty that could take years to recover from. What part of stupidity do you not understand?

If you are agreeing with me, no harm intended.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by nadeemp8
He's got a very good point, I would never mod my car on credit because I know that it would just put me into deep ****. I save like crazy to mod and when I have the actual money in my checking account, I'll treat myself to some ebaying.

As much as I love my car, I'd never put it ahead of my credit in the future. I'm really surprised that he can afford a shiny 5th gen, new rims and not have enough money to pay bills. Gotta prioritize. I eat before I mod.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:37 AM

Eating before modding is a good priority, lol!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Chicken Feet Croo!

You really have no way of telling why he needs the money. That statement is insanely cruel. Everyone who is in need of cash has a story behind them. He is 21 (from what I see in his profile) and he maybe graduating from college and want to move on with his life right now. From him selling his car might mean he want a little extra to pay for loans and an apartment. Also, maybe something unexpected happened (sounds like the case) and needs to move out. If you dont know his story, STFU. It's just like someone older comming on to lecture someone younger. Not everything goes the way we plan it and you saying st!t like this pisses poeple off. I'm glad he actually got a 2k2 max at his age and am sympathetic that he has to make changes in his life. Its an accomplishment to have a nice car and modd it by doing the work yourself at that age.

my.02.. but whatever
Old 08-16-2005, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by wngan9447
You really have no way of telling why he needs the money. That statement is insanely cruel. Everyone who is in need of cash has a story behind them. He is 21 (from what I see in his profile) and he maybe graduating from college and want to move on with his life right now. From him selling his car might mean he want a little extra to pay for loans and an apartment. Also, maybe something unexpected happened (sounds like the case) and needs to move out. If you dont know his story, STFU. It's just like someone older comming on to lecture someone younger. Not everything goes the way we plan it and you saying st!t like this pisses poeple off. I'm glad he actually got a 2k2 max at his age and am sympathetic that he has to make changes in his life. Its an accomplishment to have a nice car and modd it by doing the work yourself at that age.

my.02.. but whatever
He obviously needs the money because he is broke and has lived beyond his means. The likelihood of him just graduating from college is remote. I suspect he has p!ssed his parents off and now is faced with stark reality of having to provide for himself. Sorry to sound like I'm lecturing the guy because what is done is done . I am merely suggesting that he cease and desist with modding cars until he gets on his feet. It's idiots like you who provide encouragement to vulnerable people that helps to keep them in financial difficulty. It's no different than giving a drink to an alcoholic!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm needing a caw

Damn that maxima is nice! I would suggest demodding it and sell the parts off. But it looks like you need to deep six the payment also. I'd still tryto sell the mods first as you won't even get 1/4 the value if you sell them with the car
Old 08-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Chicken Feet Croo!

I am merely suggesting that he cease and desist with modding cars until he gets on his feet.
If this was your meaning from the beginnning..then you should have read more clearly....

Originally Posted by silvermax2k2
Maybe if i get back on my feet i will start the modding all over again

It's no different than giving a drink to an alcoholic!
No it's not. Alcoholism is a disease. Hes not physically hurting his health and financially he not modding everyday.

He obviously needs the money because he is broke and has lived beyond his means.
Originally Posted by silvermax2k2
I have been swamped with bills, and I am being forced to find a place of my own to live, so it looks like the max will have to go up for sale.

It is obvious that he needs money (he's selling his car).. but it is not obvious that he's broke. How many people have money saved up for an apartment? I didn't have enough when I moved out. I had first, last and deposit... have to work to get the rest.

The likelihood of him just graduating from college is remote. I suspect he has p!ssed his parents off and now is faced with stark reality of having to provide for himself.
And you are getting this from him selling him max? I hate to be your kids asking daddy for a dollar and you thinking they'll never be able to save money.

relax man...i'm 23 and I know everything... thats what you're thinking isn't it?
Old 08-16-2005, 09:51 AM

At age 54, you should have learned to control what you say before you say it. not only have you ticked me off, but some other people on the board as well it seems. What has happened in my life is none of your concern, and I should not have to explain myself to you, nor anyone else. DO NOT LABEL ME. I was living within my means, and I did mods to my car because it made me happy, and I could afford them.

I did not "P!ss of my parents" as you say. I know you are just "merely suggesting.." but now i am just merely sugesting that you ckeck yourself, for you are WAY out of line.

I just came here to say my final goodbyes, and it is A-holes like you that ruin it. thanks for nothing.

He obviously needs the money because he is broke and has lived beyond his means. The likelihood of him just graduating from college is remote. I suspect he has p!ssed his parents off and now is faced with stark reality of having to provide for himself. Sorry to sound like I'm lecturing the guy because what is done is done . I am merely suggesting that he cease and desist with modding cars until he gets on his feet. It's idiots like you who provide encouragement to vulnerable people that helps to keep them in financial difficulty. It's no different than giving a drink to an alcoholic!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:58 AM

But, as far as everyone else goes... thank you for defending me, and thank you for the kind words.. it means a lot. I will get through this, And maybe i will keep it in the family and get a 3rd gen 5spd just like my old one. this will be a though and new change, but maybe it is for the best in the long run.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM

Hopefully you find away to work your finances out. Your car is beautiful.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Chicken Feet Croo!

oh yeah..Chris your car is beautiful.. i wish I had the cash (i know what you're thinking bobo)... but I dont so I can't... that's a lot of wrench work you put in for you to sell it... Make sure you still show up to the NE meets. Good luck with everything
Old 08-16-2005, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Damn that maxima is nice! I would suggest demodding it and sell the parts off. But it looks like you need to deep six the payment also. I'd still tryto sell the mods first as you won't even get 1/4 the value if you sell them with the car

you really think so? I was thinking about selling the rims/tires seperate, but I am not going to get much for the catback/suspension ect, I guess the body kit will be worth some money. hmmm, I'll think about it. and thanks for the compliment.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:37 AM

Sorry if I p!ssed you off silvermax2k2 as that was not my intention. I am just standing back and looking at your scenario with some scepticism. Typically a $2,500 expenditure for tires and wheels takes a lot of pondering, particularly for someone your age. To unload the car one month after this expenditure and to suddenly move out of the family home seems rather strange to me.

I wish you all the best and hope you get back on your feet to the point where you don't have to take a step back in terms of cars. However, just remember they are a lousy investment and a cash drain.

You can rationalize what you have done, but just remember denial is not a river in Egypt.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Banned

Bobo, are you the former RMurdoch?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Bobo, are you the former RMurdoch?
Why do you ask?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm needing a caw

Because he was much nicer

Why do you ask?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:08 AM

Because he was much nicer
I'll have to PM this guy. Maybe he can give me some niceness tips. Is there an award for the most hated .orger?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm needing a caw

You aren't even in the top 20 canuka.

I'll have to PM this guy. Maybe he can give me some niceness tips. Is there an award for the most hated .orger?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:09 AM

You aren't even in the top 20 canuka.
D@mn it, lol!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:23 PM

You do not know much about me, or my family. You don’t know my problems, or my money situation. You make generalizations based on you own diluted interpretations. Some of the things you talk about I already mentioned in my 1st post... so what’s the point of mentioning them again?

Fact of the matter is, is that I don’t have a "normal" family by any means. If you knew what was going on, then you would stop giving me a hard time. I do not like sharing my life story to the public, and I do not want sympathy from everyone, otherwise I’d throw everything in your face. My problems are just that... my problems.

And just for a quick note of reference... I paid for those rims with cash, and I hardly had to "ponder a lot about it". Age means nothing. I make almost $10 an hour more then my Mom's boyfriend... so again, do not generalize people.

However, on the other hand... thanks for you kind wishes for me, I will need it. I know cars are a bad investment, but it is something that always makes me happy to work on.

Sorry if I p!ssed you off silvermax2k2 as that was not my intention. I am just standing back and looking at your scenario with some scepticism. Typically a $2,500 expenditure for tires and wheels takes a lot of pondering, particularly for someone your age. To unload the car one month after this expenditure and to suddenly move out of the family home seems rather strange to me.

I wish you all the best and hope you get back on your feet to the point where you don't have to take a step back in terms of cars. However, just remember they are a lousy investment and a cash drain.

You can rationalize what you have done, but just remember denial is not a river in Egypt.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:26 PM

You don't have to explain yourself to me or anyone else on this forum. Focus on maximizing the cash return on the sale of your Maxima and if it comes to de-modding it like Jeff92SE suggests then do it. I am not ridiculing you by any means.

Pay off the credit card bill and start with a clean slate! Good luck.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Sorry you gotta sell the Maxima! Since I've decided to go back to school next year plus with the ever rising gas prices, I'm beginning to think I may be in the same situation soon. Look at the bright side, once you're in a better monetary situation you'll be able to buy another great car and mod it like crazy!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:27 AM

How about doing a trade with somebody for a clean (unmodded) Maxima. You will get to keep a car that you like -- more or less... it will still be a maxima -- and you will get money out of it since your car has upgrades that make it worth more?

That sounds like a pretty good idea and plus, it is much easier than stripping the car.