General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Awsome find.......I hope

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Awsome find.......I hope

So I found this impound yard down the street from my job with a good number of cars in it. Some run some don't,some tittles some CDC's etc... I have spend a good number of the year looking for a good ride and have just enough to get a decent one. Anyway, I almost bought a civic that turned out not to run (ricers that owned it blew the motor). So I come back today with a new rule to atleast make sure it starts and that if it moves to the entrance fence on it's own power,it's worth it. Long story short after looking around I see a black maxima SE looks like a 93 (no spoiler). Interior is decent,runs strong but lil rough( been sitting for a good minute),manual but clutch needs bleeding (whatever that means),all windows works and car does indeed drive. I bought it for 600.00 I pick it up monday with title and key. Car has no A/C attenna and radioa all work,all bose speakers are good,etc.. Anything I should be weary of before I sign the title. As of right now all I have is a receipt and I haven't picked the car up yet. So I can still back out if it's a potential lemon. But so far everything has checked out fine. Oh and it's a VE30 too just in case you wanted to know. So what's everyone think about it ?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:59 PM

more hen likely even if it is a complete lemon you owudl be able to get $600 abck out of it parting it out

also about the clutch bleeding... will the clutch not disengage? or does it slip.. if it slips you need a clutch,no amount of bleeding owudl fix it... however if it will not disenegage then bleed or maybe master/slave cylinder bad.. I woudl guess the clutch is shot in it if the mentioned it
Old 12-03-2005, 08:01 PM

That's what I figured...The guy said when they moved it it slipped alot. When I go to pick it up Monday I'll ask exactly what it did. Then from there I'll decide if I'll take it or not. I already have a GXe in storage so pating out thing doesn't really fly around here...lol. If it's not one thing it's another I'll more then likely take it if the motor is strong enough. I work at advance so there's a small discount on clutches. Hopefully it's something easier like a master/slave cylinder. One of the guys in the yard swears it needs bleeding. So I'll know for sure monday and thanks again it makes me feel alot better. But the car ran really strong though and I just realized it's a VG30 not a VE :Napoleon voice: YES ! :end voice:
Old 12-03-2005, 11:39 PM
drag racing is for wussies

If its a 92-94 with a manual its a SE and that means its a VE, no GXEs from 92-94 had manual trannies. I had a 90 SE 5spd with a VG30, it moved pretty good for its 340K miles when I sold it, body was in bad shape thou- for 200 bux it was a steal. I ended up selling it after winter for 1K after new injectors, and complete tune up.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:39 AM

Sounds like a good buy! I love 3rd gens and wouldn't mind getting one at some point to mod and maybe learn to drive stick!
Old 12-04-2005, 03:31 PM

Well I'll know tommorow for sure and I'll post pics...
Old 12-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

Be weary...it could very easily be a flood victim vehicle from the hurricanes. Those vehicles are getting exported all over the country. The government has put together a national database where you can do VIN checks. Check the link below.

http://www.nicb.org/
Old 12-04-2005, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up,but this is a natural born florida ride..already checked :: smiles ::