General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mounted my Bridgestones today

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 08:06 PM

Bridgestone RE950 215/60/15, they are wonderful, a major improvement over the stock Toyos (ugh). The treadware is double of the the Toyos. Specs are 400AA. Factory tires were 200AA. Has very good grip on the road. I made a mistake of gettign them mounted @ Hibdon Tires because they have stoopid smelly mechanics. They slightly scratched one of my wheels and the almost forgot to balance one of them. I saw the guy put the tire and wheel on the balance machine and then he just took it off, didnt even turn on the machine or put on weights. Then i saw some dude look through my trunk. I was like WTF is he doing? He took out a wrench to tighten my lugs. That's weird shouldn't they have their own tools? They didnt even take the stickers off the tires so I had to go out and rip of them stickers. I'm never going to Hibdon tires again.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:13 PM

some answers maybe...

In the trunk, maybe did you see his wrench and he was trying to find your wheel lock so he could take off the rims? And, I have been to a couple tire places that don't take off the stickers also...it's normal. But, theres no excuse for them balancing incorrectly.

PJ
Old 06-09-2001, 09:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by VQracer
Bridgestone RE950 215/60/15, they are wonderful, a major improvement over the stock Toyos (ugh). The treadware is double of the the Toyos. Specs are 400AA. Factory tires were 200AA. Has very good grip on the road. I made a mistake of gettign them mounted @ Hibdon Tires because they have stoopid smelly mechanics. They slightly scratched one of my wheels and the almost forgot to balance one of them. I saw the guy put the tire and wheel on the balance machine and then he just took it off, didnt even turn on the machine or put on weights. Then i saw some dude look through my trunk. I was like WTF is he doing? He took out a wrench to tighten my lugs. That's weird shouldn't they have their own tools? They didnt even take the stickers off the tires so I had to go out and rip of them stickers. I'm never going to Hibdon tires again.
I use to sell/install tires and I never took the stickers off. They just wear off after a mile. BTW don't judge the tires wear #'s on a tire. The #'s only represent the rating from the tire manufacure{toyo/BF Goodrich etc.}, so you can only use the tread wear #'s from the same brand for comparison. Each company has there own tread wear ratings. So what I mean is your new tires will not last twice as long as your Toyos.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:22 PM

I agree also.

The reason why they dont take off the sticker was because just in case you want to return them, they will still have the "sticker" on it.......
Old 06-09-2001, 09:34 PM

i just got some BF Goodrich Advantage GT's on my front wheels. compare to whatever crappy tires were on before, its a major upgrade. the only problem is that my dad bought 215/60/15s when i originally had 205/65?/15s. so now my rear tires are smaller than the front tires. big difference. anyone know if its ok to drive like this? i think i will change the rears to what i have in the fronts now, cuz it does not look right at all, front tires bigger then the rears...