General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

If you won the lottery, what would you do with your car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 AM

WIth 350 Mil, id pimp my 4th Gen, buy a fifth gen , work the magic on that car, then sink what's left after nice house purchase into an IRA or some mututal fund, wait 10-20 years, then buy NISSAN, and make the 7th GEn Max the NEW 4 DOOR SPORTS CAR!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:43 PM

If the lottery was 350 mil I would sell my max and buy the bentley sports car and a porche and probably an m5 for my daily driver
Old 05-16-2006, 05:22 PM

I'd get the driver seat replaced. The back has been wide-open since the car was about 16 months old, because the dealership fixed the lumbar mechanism. It's not worth it, but with say the powerball, who cares, I'd just fix it. I have to admit though, with lottery winnings, the Maxima probably wouldn't be driven anymore. I'd do a e90 daily driver and then add a 997 to my garage for those sunny days on the Pacific Coast Highway and dinner parties on Sunset. Even though I'd be joining the ranks of those who didn't earn the coyne to buy their ride with their own hard work, I think I'd just deal with it!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:58 AM

Anyone willing to give part of their winnings to charity?

The other day, I saw this POS that was barely held together by wire and duct tape. The windows had been covered up with clear plastic sheeting, the muffler was riding about an inch off of the pavement, the left rear door was pushed in and only closed halfway, and there was so much rust on the outside that I could imagine pieces of the body falling along the highway.

So, I thought, "Would I buy this guy a different car if I won the lottery?" The answer I came up with was, "Yes, but only because I wanted to see junk like this taken off the road!!!"
Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by dr-rjp
Anyone willing to give part of their winnings to charity?

The other day, I saw this POS that was barely held together by wire and duct tape. The windows had been covered up with clear plastic sheeting, the muffler was riding about an inch off of the pavement, the left rear door was pushed in and only closed halfway, and there was so much rust on the outside that I could imagine pieces of the body falling along the highway.

So, I thought, "Would I buy this guy a different car if I won the lottery?" The answer I came up with was, "Yes, but only because I wanted to see junk like this taken off the road!!!"
Actually, Calif. proposed something like you describe back in the 90's. Their official stance was that they wanted to remove cars that polluted too much, but the buzz was that Calif. wanted to remove junk from driving around in their state. People who had classic cars were outraged because it was basically a 19 yr. rule, meaning anything 20 yrs. old an older would be removed. It really didn't make any sense, heck a 1969 or 70 GTO Judge was sweet, not to mention valuable, even in 1993.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
Actually, Calif. proposed something like you describe back in the 90's. Their official stance was that they wanted to remove cars that polluted too much, but the buzz was that Calif. wanted to remove junk from driving around in their state. People who had classic cars were outraged because it was basically a 19 yr. rule, meaning anything 20 yrs. old an older would be removed. It really didn't make any sense, heck a 1969 or 70 GTO Judge was sweet, not to mention valuable, even in 1993.
Ah, the Goat. I owned a '68 Goat for 6 months before my Mom made me sell it. Insurance premiums were too freakin' high. Thanks, Mom! I went into depression for another 6 months. Y'know what I got instead? A English Ford Cortina. Cute car, very ecconomical, and boring as hell.

The laws in Cali are all weird!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
nart86

I don't even need the lottery and I'm thinking about dumping this car and getting my dream car. 540i6 lol