General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Oil Filter Relocation Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:29 AM

Oil Filter Relocation Kit...

A few of us with JClaw's awesome traction bars ( ) ran into the problem of the passenger side bar being too close to the oil filter. In my case the bottom part of my oil filter is flat from the bar coming up and hitting it as the wheel came up.

I looked around in SummitRacing and Jegs for an oil filter relocation kit, but all the ones they have are for domestics, and the only Nissans they fit are 1980 and back Datsun motors. DR-Max looked in JCWhitney, but the kits they have there are the same as the ones Summit sells. MaxDaddy98 posted this link http://www.projectnissan.com/shoppin...idCategory=119. The only one that would work for us there is the GReddy unit for $128, I went to a local shop and they refered me to that same kit. The only problem I see with that kit is that the s/s lines seem to be too short of where I want to mount the filter (right infront of the p/s resevoir against the fender).

Any ideas for help would be greatly appreciated by not only us with the traction bars... but our oil filters as well ... lolz.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM

I did a search on that part# in Greddy's site but its not there. I'm not sure if this is really a Greddy product. I'm going to email them.

BTW, my oil filter has a small dent in the edge from the traction bar as well.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Bend The Bars !!

Originally Posted by 95BLKMAX
A few of us with JClaw's awesome traction bars ( ) ran into the problem of the passenger side bar being too close to the oil filter. In my case the bottom part of my oil filter is flat from the bar coming up and hitting it as the wheel came up.

I looked around in SummitRacing and Jegs for an oil filter relocation kit, but all the ones they have are for domestics, and the only Nissans they fit are 1980 and back Datsun motors. DR-Max looked in JCWhitney, but the kits they have there are the same as the ones Summit sells. MaxDaddy98 posted this link http://www.projectnissan.com/shoppin...idCategory=119. The only one that would work for us there is the GReddy unit for $128, I went to a local shop and they refered me to that same kit. The only problem I see with that kit is that the s/s lines seem to be too short of where I want to mount the filter (right infront of the p/s resevoir against the fender).

Any ideas for help would be greatly appreciated by not only us with the traction bars... but our oil filters as well ... lolz.

There's a simple answer - bend the bar - on my '99, both bars went bent with a cheap conduit bender to clear the oil filter and the automatic transmission.

Lots of clearance on both sides now - for at least a year of driving and going to the track.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:54 PM

I was just thinking about this based on the same principle that Maximas with automatics would have to bend the driverside of the bar to clear the transmission. Can you take a pic to show how you bent the bar? Thanks.

BTW, is your right tire rubbing on the bar when you turn the wheel to the left til full lock?

Originally Posted by grey99max
There's a simple answer - bend the bar - on my '99, both bars went bent with a cheap conduit bender to clear the oil filter and the automatic transmission.

Lots of clearance on both sides now - for at least a year of driving and going to the track.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:33 PM

yes please pics. I'd like to see the amount of angle you put of them just to have a rough idea, thank you