General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Street racing this weekend: Notice an increase? -long-

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 08:31 AM

Dude, the scene was SO charged this weekend from The Fast & the Furious. Both Friday and Saturday night we had a huge turnout for the street drags, which is rare in this town. I was on my bike Friday so I had an interesting perch from which to spectate. Of course nobody would run me...
At one point on the way to the site (closed section of interstate about 2 miles long) there were probably 15 cars running along in a pack at 120mph. Everything from my roommates SVT Contour to an 850R wagon (smoked a LOT of surprised individuals) to a supposedly 11-second Supra (wouldn't run anybody) and of course the standard issue Civics, Integras, Eclipses and GTI's. Some were supercharged, some had motor swaps etc. It was cool. Saturday night was supposed to be the big night. My buddy with a DRAG turbo'd Civic Si was scheduled to stomp this cocky individual in a stock Z28 (he has NO idea the civic runs low 12's with full interior) and my other buddy with a Spoon-motor CRX that's really too pretty to drive was scheduled to run a dude in a Jackson 'charged Integra, but everybody wussed out. Probably for the best. The Si guy's car got jacked Friday night and he was too embarrassed to drive it with key marks everywhere. That sucks. I was too drunk to drive so my buddy was driving the Maxima and I was in the passenger seat "enjoying the ride". We lined up against one guy in a turbo Eclipse with a blowoff and exhaust and actually beat him to 80mph. I don't know how. We lined up against a 2001 Cobra convertible and got our hair blown forward. It was funny. The mighty 4door held up pretty good though.
Everybody met in a out-of-the-way parking lot and hung out... big crowd. I wasn't too drunk to do burnouts so I got in my car and did a big nasty one (on brand new tires, good thinking). This little ******** in a Miata came up to me and grabbed me in my car and told me to "quit that stupid **** before everybody gets arrested". Ridiculous. What a geek. Who doesn't like a burnout? He was a show car guy, I should have known better. At any rate, I gave the keys back to my buddy and got out of the car to have a friendly conversation with Mr. Miata. As I was discussing his "problem" in a relatively adult manner, my buddy came up and slapped him like the ***** that he was and told him to go home. Meanwhile, about 3 other cars were lined up behind us in the parking lot doing monster burnouts. It was a hoot. Hahaha. Hooliganism in vehicles at it's finest.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:27 AM

Doing burnouts while drunk? Grow up kid. nm

nm
Old 06-25-2001, 09:59 AM

Re: Doing burnouts while drunk? Grow up kid. nm

Originally posted by Albertt
nm
I already have a mother, thanks...

I'm annoyed by this increasingly PC society. Whatever happened to being young and irresponsible? Flame away. I'm going to enjoy myself, regardless. I work 60hrs a week as a middle-management suit (about as exciting as a mathematician on downers) and I enjoy being a hooligan on the weekends. Doing a burnout in an empty parking lot (not next to a row of custom cars, what am I, retarded?) drunk or not is stupid perhaps but Jesus H. Harrold, relax.
Perhaps you should consider a nice, safe minivan. Or better yet a ****ing SUV and a cell phone. I'll never understand why guys like you drive "performance" cars.
Old 06-25-2001, 01:03 PM

Young and irresponsible is okay. I just hope that you were way off in a corner of the parking lot, no one was around and you couldn't hit anytihng. Thing is that people will defend (and rightly so) that drinking and driving is extremely dangerous. I am just happy that you kept it in the parking lot, and didn't try it in city streets.
Old 06-25-2001, 01:10 PM

Geez he doesn't sound to nutts at least he didn't drive like alot of people "pointing fingers" do under the enfluence thinking 3 beers is nothing...

Good job at passing the keys