General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I'm glad for the new Altima

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 04:34 PM

because it shows that Nissan is not gonna roll over and die with multi-thousand dollar rebates on new cars.

Look at Hyundai, do they know the market or what? The Elantra is a hot seller, with g**d*** looks that are better than a 5th gen. Crazy reviews by Consumer Digest and Reports as well. Now they come out with a hatch that everyone wanted in a Sentra and give it a GT package. What does Sentra offer? Below cost pricing and a factory recall first year it's out.

But I have a very good feeling about the 3.5 Altima. It's nissan's chosen one and about to put the life back into this car company!! Bravo.
Old 07-03-2001, 04:40 PM
PhatGuy

Ok so you are saying an Elantra looks better than my car or any 5th Gen? Your joking right? Your right they have to rebate Hyundai...they should just give them away and make all their money from the service department. I can't believe I actually even typed the word Hyundai on this form.

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
because it shows that Nissan is not gonna roll over and die with multi-thousand dollar rebates on new cars.

Look at Hyundai, do they know the market or what? The Elantra is a hot seller, with g**d*** looks that are better than a 5th gen. Crazy reviews by Consumer Digest and Reports as well. Now they come out with a hatch that everyone wanted in a Sentra and give it a GT package. What does Sentra offer? Below cost pricing and a factory recall first year it's out.

But I have a very good feeling about the 3.5 Altima. It's nissan's chosen one and about to put the life back into this car company!! Bravo.

Old 07-03-2001, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Ok so you are saying an Elantra looks better than my car or any 5th Gen? Your joking right? Your right they have to rebate Hyundai...they should just give them away and make all their money from the service department. I can't believe I actually even typed the word Hyundai on this form.

AMEN!!!
Old 07-03-2001, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by niceorange

AMEN!!!

lol...........phew!

i think nissan overdid it with the altima. they need to keep it in the pants and pay even more attention on the maximas.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:48 PM

H ow
Y our
U sual
N itwit
D rives
A n
I mport
Old 07-03-2001, 11:45 PM

How could it

How could a Hyun...I can't say it. How could it be compare to the Max. Can it loads 5 ppl in the car and still able to climb up the hill? If you give me one of that thing I'll take it. It'd be a great donut doing car and a perfect for engine swap.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:04 AM

Yeah the new Elantra has been receiving good reviews from all the mags. But the hatchback?? It is hideous. When I saw the commercial on TV, I thought it was ridiculous an executive would say "nice" to an ugly bulbous hatchback. The Elantra sedan is okay, but the hatch is just plain sickening.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:06 AM

lol...dood.....your way too high on Hyundai. You always mention them like they are god.