General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need help with Clay bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 07:43 PM
Kal

ok well i got a mothers clay bar package from pep boys. and i went to use it today and i dont think im doing it right so i stopped. i did it on the hood and like i didnt see a difference. can someone tell me in a way that i'll understand how to use the clay bar. i sprayed and made the area well soaked and rubbed it back and forth. is this correct? am i missing something??
thanks
Old 07-03-2001, 08:28 PM
Banned

make sure the area is well lubricated...over use the spray to make sure....then rub back and forth.... you should hear a small grinding sound....this is normal...do it till the bar will pass over the area smoothly.....then wipe clean...it may not make a diffrence visually, but once your done you cant sit on your hood....you will slide right off....at least thats the impressions i got when i clayed my car
Old 07-03-2001, 10:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kalbundy
ok well i got a mothers clay bar package from pep boys. and i went to use it today and i dont think im doing it right so i stopped. i did it on the hood and like i didnt see a difference. can someone tell me in a way that i'll understand how to use the clay bar. i sprayed and made the area well soaked and rubbed it back and forth. is this correct? am i missing something??
thanks
All it does is pull dirt fragments and contaminants out of the paint. You will need to wax afterward. You are actually supposed to rub the surface with the clay and water until the clay doesn't drag across the paint. It should become more slippery when the surface has been cleaned by the clay.
Old 07-04-2001, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by kalbundy
thanks
Needless to say, you have to wash your car good before claying or you'll need about 5 bars to do one car.
Old 07-04-2001, 07:24 AM

use the spray that you got with that package to lubricate the surface and then rub the clay bar and to acheive good results do small area at a time..lubricate...clay bar..wipe it off with 100% cotton cloth..i just did this last week for the first time and let me tell ya the car felt like i just got it brand new from the dealership..so smooooooootthhhhh...... and also it rained like the next day and all the water just slides off when u driving and it dries off very quickly without any water spots..anybody who hasnt done this to their car, i really really recommend it, i couldnt stop feeling my car afterwards....good luck with it...