General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What bothers you on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by The Law
Wow people quit aruging about a law. Even tho it is about the topic, its getting really annoying.
I thought you were the law...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 AM
♠♠♠♠♠

he wants you to argue over him instead.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 AM

People who accelerate to pass as many cars as they can at 60mph before the lane merges, even though traffic is at a standstill
Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by The Law
When people stay on the slow lane passing up the on-ramp and your trying to get on.

I hear you on this one it burns my **** to a crisp
Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by MrGone
People inside the roundabout who yield to cars outside the round about. Yesterday the genius two cars in front of me decided to stop inside the roundabout and wait for three cars to go through, talk about gridlock

Come on Mr. Gone get it right. Its call a rotary in the NorthEast. hahahah And yes i agree when i have to go to work theres a rotary i have to go thru. Its like running in an open field and having 20 ppl shoot at you. Its that dangerous and nerve racking. There are yeild signs, stop signs, merge signs and junk. I think i saw a sign also that sad you poor b@st@rd for dealing with these incompetent morons. Whewww. sorry i just rambled. Yea rotarys suck.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 AM

but some how everyone in Europe can manage to navigate these roundabouts with no problem, including the ones with 7 lanes. hm.....
Old 04-18-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by gen4maxima536
but some how everyone in Europe can manage to navigate these roundabouts with no problem, including the ones with 7 lanes. hm.....
european driver ability > american driver ability

you will know if you ever go there and see how they drive hehe
Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
european driver ability > american driver ability

you will know if you ever go there and see how they drive hehe

It all depends. I lived in Germany for a while and I don't know what you mean by "skill." At least on the autobahn the drivers always had more respect for one another with the "left lane for passing thing." Probably because you're not going to have a car running up on you doing 75 when you're doing 70, this guy could be doing well over 130 or 140 MPH and you NEED to get the * out of the way. City driving was a bit different, cities are less often set up on a grid design and congestion was higher on a consistent basis.

I think the drivers here on the east coast are significantly more skilled than back in the midwest. I lived in Michigan for 25 years, now I"m in Jersey and its a night and day difference. I think the contrast is because generally in the midwest people tend to be on the road with few other cars and the roads are generally strait, whereas out here we have probably one of the highest traffic volumes in the world, mountains and many winding roads. Talking on cell phones here is illegal (without hands free) but not in michigan. I think the law was born of necessity; people here just don't have time to get stuck behind somebody gabbing away. NOt to mention the traffic volume makes it significantly more dangerous.

Just my .02-
Old 04-18-2007, 12:34 PM

1. People who are in a rotary; and then stop and let people outside the rotary ENTER the rotary.
2. People who don't know the rules of the rotary.
3. People who STOP at yield signs and camp there.
4. People who can't navigate the rotary
5. People who do #1 because HONESTLY YOU'RE IN THE ROTARY YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY OMFG JUST GO

When I'm on the road, I consider myself a Predator. I learned aggressive driving from my father at an early age. I always have somewhere to be so get the F out of the way. Even when I am not in a rush I'm in a rush. you dig

EDIT: When I was in Europe, the drivers there are insane. They must have some skills. In Athens they don't stop for Pedestrians and the cops don't care. I'm sure law enforcement has an effect on how people here drive. Europeans FTW
Old 04-18-2007, 12:38 PM
maxima985spd

potholes, Bumps, Dips, And Cracks

Old 04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
What's next!?..

1. People who don't signal before turning
2. People who are lost, drive slow, and do #1
3. People on the highway who insist on stepping on the brakes before changing lanes even though there's no one near them on the next lane.
4. People who can't tell that their turn signal is on and leave it on for miles and miles..
5. People who drive around at night with their lights completely off. (How do you NOT KNOW??)
Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM

hahaha the roundabout/rotary thing is so true. It's like a whirlpool, once you drive in, assuming you are an American, you are completely out of control and you might as well be a female driver at that point.

@ the female part
Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you can safely get in, around, and out of a rotary you can handle anything.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:27 AM

The world is full of stupid people.

A: Old PPL
B: Ppl who talk on phones and drive.
C: Jeeps/Suvs/Kids in there parent bought cars.
Dpl who dont signal.
E:Tractor Trailers
F:Newbs in stock imports blasting there factory radios trying to race you,
G:Muscle heads in the Mustangs that put more money in there car then its worth and smoke me hard
H: The list goes on, I could write a book, but you all get the general idea.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

pot holes
not using blinkers
people on cell phones
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 PM

People.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

1. People who drive the speed limit in the "fast" lane

2. People who don't use their blinkers

3. People who play their sound system so loud all you hear is distortion

4. salad bar rear wings, hub cap spinners on stock size wheels on a Honda

5. people talking on their cell phones and not paying attention to their driving

6. drivers not moving over to the slower lane when I'm trying to pass them

7. people that drive piece of crap cars and think their car is the shiat

8. tailgaters

9. Potholes! Too many out here in Riverside County that the city hasn't fixed

10. People that use their brakes even though there is nobody in front of them!

I could go on but that is most of it.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Things that bug me are:

1. When you're in the passing lane making 'good timing' and you see a car in the right lane from a distance and you know clearly that if you're doing about 75 he probably is doing about 65, but when you get up to them they start doing the same speed as you all of a sudden and they will not let you pass them, rather they take the lead (it never lasts too long before their cohonas shrink!) as if they are ashamed of being passed (why the heck weren't you driving this speed all along!);

2. when you flash another driver to turn on their lights and they do not turn them on (it's like wtf do you think I'm flashing my brights for in pitch dark!) These people have absolutely no regard for their own safety and the safety of others; and

3. the worst nagging thing of all is when you see a minivan dipping and dodging out of traffic and cutting folks off. My g/f says "it's always the minivan drivers."
Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 AM

MrTrace: 3. the worst nagging thing of all is when you see a minivan dipping and dodging out of traffic and cutting folks off. My g/f says "it's always the minivan drivers."[/quote]

YOUR Gf is 10000000000% Right, ITS ALWAYS THE 1990 Looking Minivans with rust out tha a** bald horrible tires /who knows if the brake lines are ok, <works in garage and they all FAIL!!!!!.> these ppl think there gods or something, maybe its all the smoke that these vans produce.....they get some kinda buzz off it,.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:50 PM

What I hate is people can't drive on the highways here

-Why must people do 5-10 under the limit in the passing lane next to cars in the right lane, impossible to pass, everyday on the 2 lane section.

-Why must people do 50 in a 65 for a left lane exit, they sit in the left for miles, the exit will be their.

-People who get stuck in the left lane exit traffic and then decide to pull out into the middle lane about as fast as you pull into a parking lot, nothing more exciting then driving an hour home to then suddenly drop from 70mph to 5.

-Anyone who drives fast, tailgates in traffic, speeds up passes everyone on the right, cuts in for their exit and takes the ramp at crawling speeds, then when they have to merge into traffic again they can't, and everyone they passed passes them.

-All the cars that are on the highway that should not be.

-Buses, they have no respect for anything on the road around them and they sit in the left for miles backing up all the people who want to pass.

Most of all my hatred is aimed at the highway drivers who don't know how to drive fast.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:38 AM

-people who don't go when the light turns green

-old women drivers...(4th gen front bumper > 1992 buick passenger door)
Old 05-14-2007, 06:25 AM

People that tail gate when your already 10 above the Speed Limit and the second they pass you there going the same speed as you........GAY
Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok a few things i hate.
1- People who tailgate you on the highway while you are in traffic. Where do you want me to go? There's 100 cars in front of me doing the same speed and 100 cars in the right lane that we are all passing. Times like this make me wish i drove an old beat up dodge ram and just slam on the brakes.
2- Also on the highway, people who use the exit only lane to pass everyone in traffic and cut in at the last possible second,leaving the people who are actually exiting stuck behind them. It's always the guy in the Lexus or Mercedes who does this.
3- When there are two left turn lanes, you are in the right, someone on their cellphone is in the left, you both turn and they start drifting into your turn lane! I have to slam on the brakes so they don't hit me and they just turn right into my lane like i wasn't even there!
And thats why i hate driving in Arizona, not to mention the illegal immigrants who don't even have a license driving their car that looks like it should be in a junkyard.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by bigEL
d. People who make really wide right turns or really sharp left turns and nearly clip your car.
d+. People who make really sharp left turns and nearly clip your car even though you're still slowly in motion approaching the white strip before fully stopping.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Rydicule
Have any of you ever visited www.platewire.com?...think radar detectors should be illegal...
honestly if i can't control my speed at all times i deserve a ticket, so i sortof agree with them there. my speedometer, eyes, gas and brake all work. why should i have to rely on a radar detector?

oh, and one other thing on the list that I do, is drive slower in the far left lane on the interstate, but only under certain circumstances. basically if the other 2 lanes are barrelling past, i'll drive with my rearview and just pick whatever lane has the longest gap behind me to drive safely in. if the middle lane is about to breathe down my neck, i'll move to the left and hang out over there until that lane catches me. and it's not like i'm not doing 10 over already anyways.. but no matter how fast i drive on the highway, there's always someone driving faster, besides i tend not to notice cops so it's best for me to just not speed to the point where i'd get pulled in the first place.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Bassplayer400
And thats why i hate driving in Arizona, not to mention the illegal immigrants who don't even have a license driving their car that looks like it should be in a junkyard.
same thing here. tons of junkyard-direct Mustangs, Jettas, Sentras, and Altimas with a "96.9 FM La LEY" sticker. ironically "la ley" is spanish for "the law", something the illegals are obviously NOT following. ugh. not to get off topic, but that stuff just really really burns me.

that and they are usually at- or over-capacity, and trying to drive on the interstate and not doing a terribly good job of it.. because their tickachunkawhinegrind engines can only push out like 20bhp anyways.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm usually not a person easily bothered (no one can offend you without your consent), but people who drive way too slow in the fast lane bothers me. People who tailgate, I basically slow down until they change lane and then I move foward, doesn't bother me much, sometimes I get a kick out of pissing off a tailgater.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:11 AM
max2moon17

people who drive 15 miles under the speed limit, and people who do not signal when making turns, and most of all people who drive so damn slow in the left lane.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

1. People who creep in traffic. Those people are the reason that I am looking to go from a manual in my VUE to an Auto in a Maxima. There's a difference in 1/2 a car length and 3 car lengths. When you creep, I have to to keep the *******es cruising down the shoulder from cutting in and ultimately making me even later than I am already going to be... 13 miles should not equal a 2 hour commute, which it regularly does.

2. People who do not know where their accelerator is. When you get to the bottom of the ramp - open it up... you can use the area before the red on your tach... if you force me to have to beat the hell out of my car at the bottom of the ramp going around you because you are trying to merge into 70 MPH beltway traffic at 35, expect that I am not going to smile and wave as I blow you off of the road.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:25 PM
93MaximumSE

I hate when
1. People refuse to use blinkers
2. When someone cuts me off then goes slow
3. When i'm going like 65(in a 50) and someone is riding my bumper
4. When someone tries to overtake me when i'm in the slow lane.
5. People who drive fast and can't control their own cars.
6. When I'm going over 80 and someone tries to pass me

Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM

school buses from 7am-8:30pm (going to work)
school buses from 2pm-4:00pm + commuters (going home)

it suckz in the middle of boston during rush hours, especially when an accident or sumthin happens
Old 05-20-2007, 08:19 PM

EVERYONE! 90% OF PPL CANT FREAKING DRIVE!

Reason for the bold statement, SOME AHOLE Rear ended me at a redlight.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:21 AM

Failure to use signals
Frequent lane changers just "to get ahead"
Failure to turn right on red
Idiots on cell phones
Cowboy truckers who like to ride right up on your rear end
Old 05-27-2007, 06:25 PM

1. No blinkers
2. People in the carpool lane with no passenger or children, supposed to take cars off the road, not to help you make it to the soccer match quicker.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:49 AM

1. Not using blinkers for lane change and turns.
2. Illegal lane changes (changing on double/solid lines).
3. Cars in middle or left lanes moving slower than cars on the right.
4. Trucks and buses in the left lane when they're prohibited.
5. Bad drivers!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 AM

Slower drivers staying right! My biggest pet peeve by far
Old 06-19-2007, 12:43 PM
+Cru OG

Originally Posted by MHenderson
Slower drivers staying right! My biggest pet peeve by far
But slower traffic is ALWAYS on the right lane (most of the time)? You mean...LEFT, yeah?

Today: People who are on the frickin phone and doesn't pay attention to the traffic light because they're oh so busy flapping their lips.

Yesterday: Construction trucks who "cut" through a main throughfare thinking everyone else should slow down because their big trucks need to be first. (Almost hit one yesterday because he decided that he and his dumptruck is king of the road. )
Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
bald aggression est 78

1.Them hondas boys reving their engines 50 gabillion times just to pull in or out of a parking spot.
2.Women in oversized sized SUV'S (they think they own the road)
3. Kids crossing and teenagers crossing the street. i had a chick tell ME to move while she walking in the street.
4.Young boys with Seat aaaalllllllll they way back. and they cant even see over the steering wheel.
5.cellphoners
6.car loads of young highschoolers girls and boys ACTIN STUPID!!!!!!
7.highway blockage i.e. three lane highway one car in each lane and their all scared to pass each other.
8.Septa drivers
9. Tired truckers although i sympathize with them cuz i use to drive a truck from Ny to Cali it sucked, For those who hate on truckers and cop try doin either on and see how you feel.Try gettin shot at,try compensating for all the blind spots and try stoppin 70+ foot 80,000 lb vehicle.when some idiot on a cell phone who just cut you off cause he or she missed their exit.Try writing someone a ticket who's screaming and yellin at YOU cause they think YOU'RE wrong for writing THEM a ticket.
10. people who dont respect bikers
Now havin said that i've done my fair share of stupid things #'s 6,5,4,9,3,and 1
#1 cause the power steering pump was shot in my mazda lol
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM

1.) People who drive slower than the speed limit.
2.) People who don't signal when turning/changing lanes.
3.) People who can't multi-task when talking on the phone. I understand why people want to use the cell-phone, they just need to learn how to drive while they are doing it.
4.) People who put their turn signal on 1 mile before the turn. Law says "100 feet".
5.) People that cut you off.
6.) People that ride your a**.
7.) People that don't pay attention at a 4-way stop sign and don't know when it is their turn to go.
8.) People that accelerate EXTREMELY SLOWLY.
9.) People that won't let you in when you need to merge.
10.) People that have several oppurtunities to pull out onto the road, but wait for a 3 mile gap between cars.
11.) People in the lane next to you at a stop light/sign that keep rolling up when you are trying to make a right hand turn but cannot see past their big a** SUV.
12.) PEOPLE THAT HATE FOREIGN CARS!!!!!

I think that covers about 95% of all drivers.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:15 PM

I hate it when people dont use their turn signals
Crazy people on the phone or just people on the phones
people who go under the speed limit

Quick Reply: What bothers you on the road?