General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

USAF here I come and good bye to all for now

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 PM

USAF here I come and good bye to all for now

Well guys it has been a great time, but i just want to say buy to all you guys on here for a while. I am enlisted in the Air Force and I leave for BMT June 12th, so I won't be on the org for awhile. It will be for atleast 6 months........right after boot camp I go to tech school, and I plan on focusing on my schooling and staying off the org for the meanwhile. Plus I won't have my car with me anyway, it will be with my wife in AZ.....and we all know a women has no respect for a mans car!!! So as my max will be getting abused from my wife, cuz she won't wash it or love it like I do, at least my max will know that I will miss it and be thinking about her!! Well hope to be able to pick up where I left off sometime in the future.....but untill then good bye for now!!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

good luck in the AF

your wife can't treat max THAT bad!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by BlkMaxNCa
at least my max will know that I will miss it and be thinking about her!!
And... your wife too, right?

Good luck with the
Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
retired moderator

watch out...now Soonerfan really DOES outrank you!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:59 PM

Best of luck to you man.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Good luck!!!!!!!

Once again good luck and you have chosen a path that many will not go. The Air Force will treat you well as it has for me the past 8 years. What will your job / AFSC be? Good luck.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2AZN2DMAX
Once again good luck and you have chosen a path that many will not go. The Air Force will treat you well as it has for me the past 8 years. What will your job / AFSC be? Good luck.

Yeah I am glad I chose to make a career for myself and a living for my family, I am aerospace propulsion, Jet eingine Mechanic......I am excited!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
And... your wife too, right?

Good luck with the

Of course, I have a little baby girl that is just a month old, I already am missing her and I haven't even left yet!! I will miss both of them for the time that I am gone!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4Max
good luck in the AF

your wife can't treat max THAT bad!
Yeah she can!! :LOL She told me she wasn't going to wash max the entire time I was gone, that is about 6 whole months!!!! She better wash MAX!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm a Happy Man!

Good luck to you my friend. she's going to wash the max u got nothing to worry about.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
bald aggression est 78

good luck and be safe out there i just want to say thank you i believe that our soldiers and soldiers in trainin dont get thanked enough so on the behalf of my family the all the fallen soldiers THANK YOU Sincerely Kountz430 and family
Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 PM

good luck in the air force man, im going into national guard my self but no boot camp just school. your wife cant even take the max to a drive through wash? she probably hates the max since your so into it!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
good luck in the air force man, im going into national guard my self but no boot camp just school. your wife cant even take the max to a drive through wash? she probably hates the max since your so into it!
How long have you been out of the Corps? If you were active duty, get ready for a pretty big shock in the guard, ha ha. I did 5 in the corps and another 5 in the guard, it was a BIG adjustment, lol.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 PM

haha, like what, nothing ever gets done on time? i was active duty, seems like NG guys are so laid back compared to the corps. but whatever, im so laid back now anyways. but hopefully they actually gets some **** done. i know their rank structure isnt a big deal for them. shootin the **** with the staff NCOs.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Good luck in the chair force. I wonder where is hotter, AZ or Oki.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kountz430
good luck and be safe out there i just want to say thank you i believe that our soldiers and soldiers in trainin dont get thanked enough so on the behalf of my family the all the fallen soldiers THANK YOU Sincerely Kountz430 and family
THANK YOU I APPECIATE THAT!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Good luck in the chair force. I wonder where is hotter, AZ or Oki.
chair force??? And why would i be in Oki?? Boot Camp is in Tx......
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, SHE HATES IT WITH A PASSION!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 AM

Good luck! You made the right choice. Make sure you take classes while you're in.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:24 AM

Good luck bro.

That's funny. You're leaving AZ to join the USAF, and I arrived (and stayed) here because of the USAF (Luke AFB, AZ, 1993-1996).

Recognition in basic is a double-edged sword. If the drills remember you, you are more prone to get picked on. Then again, drills tend to pick on the really bad ones and the really good ones.

Which one will you be?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
retired moderator

chair force???:
the other services refer to it as the "chair force" because you're more likely to be working at a desk than on a flight line (as opposed to Navy, Army, or Marines....who are more likely to be out on a ship or out in the field).

It's really just a little joke though....we all know that USAF goes into harm's way like the rest.

We always laugh with our USAF liasons and ask them why they're wearing woodland camo BDUs in the office when they've never worked anywhere near any woods. We keep on trying to find out a way to make them some BDUs with pictures of desks, computers, printers, and coffee mugs on them
Old 06-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
We keep on trying to find out a way to make them some BDUs with pictures of desks, computers, printers, and coffee mugs on them
That NEEDS to happen.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM

The other services are just jealous b/c we get paid the same amount and we are in the A/C. LOL. Always good to have a little friendly interservice competition. I was in a military strong man comp. and I beat out over half of Army competitors, so we can fight if we need to. In all services we are warriors first then desk jockies.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Sorry Irish, I Must...

the ... on a flight line (as opposed to The ARMY,Navy, or Marines....who are more likely to be out on a ship or out in the field).:
*Corrected for content* From one thats Been Being All He Can Be, God bless you in your training and good luck.

1-Dont be memorable in anything
2-Volunteer for NOTHING, unless noone else volunteers
3-Possibly still dont volunteer because then they will remember you
4-Learn your rank structure prior to shipping out
5-Enjoy yourself, its a rush once your out of training and get to start the hooah hooah stuff
Old 06-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

The other services are just jealous b/c we get paid the same amount and we are in the A/C. LOL. Always good to have a little friendly interservice competition. I was in a military strong man comp. and I beat out over half of Army competitors, so we can fight if we need to. In all services we are warriors first then desk jockies.
Thats cause I wasnt present musta been some 42A's competing

and im from an air farce family, i get the hows the Uh-R-Me life treating ya everytime i talk to my dad and grandad lol. Wouldnt change it for the world, and ill love it more once i finish pathfinder and six more years WOOHOO lol
Old 06-08-2007, 04:33 PM

What u talking about Cant Get Ryte? LOL.... J/J. We are leaders not followers in the Air Force, always volunteer. It is always better to volunteer than to be volun-TOLD.

Future pilot in the Air Force (cross fingers),
Oliver
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 PM
KH3 by popular demand

chair force??? And why would i be in Oki?? Boot Camp is in Tx......
Kadena Air Base is in Oki. I was just saying just in case you get stationed there one day.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

What u talking about Cant Get Ryte? LOL.... J/J. We are leaders not followers in the Air Force, always volunteer. It is always better to volunteer than to be volun-TOLD.

Future pilot in the Air Force (cross fingers),
Oliver
LOL I hear ya, im a non commissioned officer a leader of Soldiers i got it i hear ya lol. working on completing a warrant packet for next year. Good luck with yours, as for volunteering, in basic lol NEVER meld in with the masses and make it through unscathed. Then again its way different now than fourteen years ago...nobody hugged us lol
Old 06-09-2007, 12:03 PM

the other services refer to it as the "chair force" because you're more likely to be working at a desk than on a flight line (as opposed to Navy, Army, or Marines....who are more likely to be out on a ship or out in the field).

It's really just a little joke though....we all know that USAF goes into harm's way like the rest.

We always laugh with our USAF liasons and ask them why they're wearing woodland camo BDUs in the office when they've never worked anywhere near any woods. We keep on trying to find out a way to make them some BDUs with pictures of desks, computers, printers, and coffee mugs on them

Well I wont be doing a desk job, I am a aerospace prolpulsionist ----Jet Engine mechanic, so my job will be totally bad ***, plus I get to work on something amazing, my goal will be to put a jet engine in a max sometime...JK___JK.......
Old 06-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Kadena Air Base is in Oki. I was just saying just in case you get stationed there one day.

Oh ok, I got you!! LOL -----yah my tech school is in wichita, texas
Old 06-09-2007, 03:50 PM

I went to Sheppard AFB for tech school too. Have fun at the BDU club. LOL.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:02 AM

It seems like you have the same issue I do with my fiance, lol. Unfortunately she has been driving the max and Ive been driving her car because it has been giving her problems. I worry I do. It revived me on how I like my cars performance though. My fiance said since I love my max so much at least she knows I wouldnt cheat on her with a woman. It'd be more like cheating on her with the car by hiding parts from her and putting them on the max without her knowledge, lol. Which is true, I love my fiance and the kids, but I also love my car.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 AM

i know your already there, but i hope you like what you got yourself into! haha, 3 years ago last month i made the same jump you did. it definately has its ups and downs, like everything else. just dont let the higher ranking jerks get to you. i work vehicle maintenance @ eielson AFB AK, but i just got orders to rammstein! cant friggin wait. its a small AF, and im sure ill bump into some of you guys sooner or later. anywho, good luck with the AF and your new family.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM

good luck with that
Old 06-20-2007, 08:06 AM

Good luck in the USAF and May God Bless you guy's.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Well guys it has been a great time, but i just want to say buy to all you guys on here for a while. I am enlisted in the Air Force and I leave for BMT June 12th, so I won't be on the org for awhile.
Excellent...applause and salute. I am 3rd generation Air Force and my son is 4th generation. He is in Iraq right now - crew chief on a HH60G Pavehawk air/sea rescue helicopter.