General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My first street racing experience...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 10:43 PM

The offtopic forum isn't working so I'll post this here...

Well, I heard about some street racing that went on in my area (Orlando FL), so I decided to check it out. This kid at my work goes out there sometimes, so I followed him out there. First, everyone meets up in this Walmart parking lot. Tons of cars pile in, it started to get interesting...and then a couple of cops showed up, so everyone left and went down the street to a RaceTrac gas station. Well, we heard it was about to get busted, so me and the people I was with left and went around town to look for other groups of people. We didn't find anyone, so I was kinda bummed...and then we found somebody and followed them to ANOTHER gas station where a lot of people were. Then, everyone left from there to go to the spot... We turned down this 2 lane street, and it winded back about 2 miles. It was mostly un-used, just factories and warehouses, that kind of stuff. So I keep driving, and I see a few people on the curb...then a few more...and then I come to the starting line. WOW! I was so excited, I had never been to anything like this before. Hundreds of people and cars, it was quite a site. So we parked our cars in this huge nearby parking lot, and went to watch some of the races. I was suprised to see a lot of trashy cars racing, I won't mention any names tho. So we were sitting on the curb, and after a while we see some lights off in the distance, and then comes the "COPS!" Everyone takes off in different directions, and I run to my car and try not to run into anybody on the way. Well, I got about half way and I didn't see this girl, and obviously she didn't see me either, cuz BAM! she ran right into me and we both fell down. It was kinda funny actually, I flew. So I got back up and continued to my car (yes the girl was fine). Everyone went out the way we came in, but me and my peeps (heh) thought that prob. wasn't the best idea, so we found a dirt/mud/grass road that led behind the buildings. So i'm drivin in the mud all nervous I'll get stuck, and to my right is a huge steep fall into a ditch. It was quite scary. But after about 1/2 mile we made it back to the road we came in. Except we still saw a couple cops up ahead, so we took a right into the loading station/parking lot for the factory/warehouse. We get to the back, and there is a chain link fence, and we go through the gate with our cars and around the back/side of the warehouse. It's grass we are driving on, and there is brush making us go along a certain path. We get far enough ahead to see train tracks that we can't cross, so we turn back around and go back around the side of the warehouse to find...there is a forklift in front of the gate we came in at!! One of the warehouse people must has seen us go in and he didn't like it. Me and this kid went to try and find somebody in this huge place, and finally we found some guy and ask him whats up. He said "the guy with the key to the lift just left and will be right back." So I'm thinkin he went to get the police, so we're f...well you know. So we get back, and suprise! My friend from work found the forklift key!! So we start that baby up and move it out of the way, and take off out of there. We see the warehouse guy on our way out coming back, and he had a few select words for us. The cops were gone, so we were finally safe...

It was a crazy night...felt like a mini-FntF experience. Just thought I would share!
Old 07-18-2001, 11:10 PM
PhatGuy

Script?

Guy that is a movie script for real! No joke!

Old 07-18-2001, 11:40 PM

Sounds like fun; I should try that street racing stuff sometime... didja get the girl's ##??
Old 07-19-2001, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by Czar
Sounds like fun; I should try that street racing stuff sometime... didja get the girl's ##??
Thats exactly what I was thinking
Old 07-19-2001, 01:09 AM

Off-Topic is curently on the new server being tested.
Old 07-19-2001, 01:26 AM

I thought that was a pretty good story!

I dont understand why you had to go through all that to get away. You werent racing were you? I wouldnt get too worried, unless the cops were total butt-holes and handed out tickets like water.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:18 AM
OG

Movie script indeed. Excellent story man! Excellent!
Old 07-19-2001, 09:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

good story, a little long though.
Old 07-19-2001, 11:44 AM

what time were you guys racing at? Usually these things happen late at night. Sucks that there would be workers there operating forklifts.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hehhee...sweet. It's not as much fun when the cops chase you out of everywhere...they're so mean! I wish we could have some sort of track type place in CT that we could go to that wasn't expensive (LVD is the closest, and it's not cheap)! Anyway the Pike is good but the cops have been cracking down.

edit: this board is running so much better without off-topic LOL!
Old 07-19-2001, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by NISMO808
what time were you guys racing at? Usually these things happen late at night. Sucks that there would be workers there operating forklifts.
I didn't get to the racing spot until about 1:30 AM. Who knows what those people were doing that late. But I'm glad everyone has liked my story. I'm going back out there this Saturday, so maybe something else crazy will happen. And I'll make sure to use paragraphs
Old 07-19-2001, 02:21 PM

That is you?

I am that girl you knocked on and down dirty!

my name is Christina. you go on Sat? I meet you there.

you remember me right? hope so, see u

lol
I sure will bring some no brain, sex only girls! j/k

lol

I can't breath, this is too funny!
Old 07-19-2001, 05:04 PM

BTW cops out here are horrible to street racers. They've done a huge crackdown and if they think you look like a sr(street racer) they will pull you over and pick apart your car. If your car doesn't look like anything special but your in the area of where sr are held, they will do the same. Its punishable out here to WATCH a sr with 1 year in jail & $1K fine, don't ask about what happens if its you caught racing. Basically if you are racing and you see a cop, your odds are better trying to run, cuz the punishment for evading police is less than sr.

I got pulled over recently near a known track during known sr hours and they had me pop my hood and looked under my car with a mirror. They had me sit there for 1/2 hour while they took their time running my stuff tos ee if I was legit before giving me a $71 ticket for no front license plate. (it was in the windshield). Believe me, I am fighting it cuz I have a perfect record to lose if this sticks.

Still sr goes on, and I might still be there.

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
I thought that was a pretty good story!

I dont understand why you had to go through all that to get away. You werent racing were you? I wouldnt get too worried, unless the cops were total butt-holes and handed out tickets like water.
Old 07-19-2001, 06:28 PM

Re: That is you?

Originally posted by chrislee8

lol

lol

So he knocked down another fellow ORG member. Now that's funny. What are the chances.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:05 PM

Originally posted by chrislee8

lol

lol

LoL, very funny. I hope that guy above me knows you were joking.

BTW cops out here are horrible to street racers. They've done a huge crackdown and if they think you look like a sr(street racer) they will pull you over and pick apart your car. If your car doesn't look like anything special but your in the area of where sr are held, they will do the same. Its punishable out here to WATCH a sr with 1 year in jail & $1K fine, don't ask about what happens if its you caught racing. Basically if you are racing and you see a cop, your odds are better trying to run, cuz the punishment for evading police is less than sr.

I got pulled over recently near a known track during known sr hours and they had me pop my hood and looked under my car with a mirror. They had me sit there for 1/2 hour while they took their time running my stuff tos ee if I was legit before giving me a $71 ticket for no front license plate. (it was in the windshield). Believe me, I am fighting it cuz I have a perfect record to lose if this sticks.

Still sr goes on, and I might still be there.

Wow, where do you live? $1k? That would scare me. It's funny, after I "escaped", I got back onto this main road, and there was maybe 50 imports that were at the racing and were now going home or whatever, and the cops were on the side of the road with their lights on, and everyone just drove right by. Too many people to do anything I guess.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:44 PM

Seattle, WA.

The suburb of Kent has recently passed a new law called SOAR(Stay Out of Areas of Racing) that has those horrible laws. Here street racing is a big political issue, so the government and cops are really going hard core.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:06 AM

Seattle, WA.

The suburb of Kent has recently passed a new law called SOAR(Stay Out of Areas of Racing) that has those horrible laws. Here street racing is a big political issue, so the government and cops are really going hard core.
That sucks mate, hope that those laws arent contagous.

K
Old 07-20-2001, 12:38 AM

In Philly...

There was a older guy that came apon a street racing scene in south Philly, and had a heart attack and died. Now people are all over the place with big ol' signs saying "stop the races" ect.. They basically want to litter the entire city with rumble strips. It was on the news al the time. John Street said no to the rumble strips. Mark one up for the street racers.
Old 07-20-2001, 12:44 AM

Re: In Philly...

Originally posted by Matticus
There was a older guy that came apon a street racing scene in south Philly, and had a heart attack and died. Now people are all over the place with big ol' signs saying "stop the races" ect.. They basically want to litter the entire city with rumble strips. It was on the news al the time. John Street said no to the rumble strips. Mark one up for the street racers.
Im a little confused, are you against street racing or are you just putting up here what you have read? Im not flaming you or anything, I just dont understand your post.

K
Old 07-20-2001, 01:17 AM

Re: Re: In Philly...

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

Im a little confused, are you against street racing or are you just putting up here what you have read? Im not flaming you or anything, I just dont understand your post.

K
Just posting some interesting local news of mine. I am not against street racing, but I do beleive there are better places to race your car than on the "street."
Old 07-21-2001, 12:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: In Philly...

Just posting some interesting local news of mine. I am not against street racing, but I do beleive there are better places to race your car than on the "street."
Thanks for clearing that up, I really appreciat it. I too share your feelings on racing. I use to do it until I got my car airborn with 2 other people in my car and have not street raced with trafic since. I do, however, still street race at a diserted strech of road in my town where they have measured off and marked that 1/4 mile. Its fun and free, but the local track is only $13 so I try to go there. I only go to the other place if it isnt friday night.

K
Old 07-21-2001, 06:58 AM

Re: In Philly...

A guy died?? damn...that sucks