General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The only way to run a tank of gas.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ugh why did I have to type this...

Sorry, I should have posted a lot slower and read up a little bit more, so all you motor gurus wouldn’t get your pantees stuck up your butt. Lol

I should have compiled all my info, condensed it, posted more conservatively and made my points clearer. THEREFORE, it’s my fault, and it is, that all you post ****** are so upset. I am sorry. Really.

I shouldn’t have titled the post “only way to run a tank of gas” which isn’t true, but is how I feel.

Nmexmax- It is lead free…. word….. If it had had lead, my car woulda died a lonng time ago.

MPG IS NOT THE MAIN POINT HERE, its more about getting the most out of your engine, the upper cylinder lube is good stuff… If you don’t run the octane use this. Costs less than $2 a tank (when bought in bulk). If anything this post is a reminder to clean out your engine with some kind of cleaner at 50k miles.

All who have read this, please forgive me, sorry for not having proven information, but I am just suggesting something. lets call it 33-35 mpg ok??? Nah 33-34 (which I think is still incredible and still great mpg!!!)Regaurdless-------say 33----- MPG is not the main point here, although it is a definite, added, REAL benefit to your MPG from running these things.

I would completely edit my hasty and not so accreate original post (I did touch it up), but I believe that in doing so I would commit a mortal sin that would quickly lead to my demise.

Alright moving on.

I think most of the people out their shouldn’t run this stuff every tank as they don’t drive like me. I think 100% of people who have 50k miles and haven’t ever cleaned their engine ought to try running this stuff twice, or maybe 3 times. I think 100% of the people who rag on their car like I do, should run it all the time, as it will save them mpg definitely under hard driving. Along with a little added responsiveness/power.

The main reason I continue to run this stuff (lucas booster and upper cylinder lube/injector cleaner), if for the health of my engine. In my experience it keeps my engine running smoother (the cleaner/lube does for sure, octane actually doesn’t, but combined no problems) I know it keeps it clean, and more efficient. Clean (octane makes engine run cleaner)+ upper cylinder lube = improved efficiency. Efficiency sometimes = more power. Not to mention it keeps your engine lubed, a lubed engine will last longer.

Also, I don’t care if I got 22mpg on the highway I love my maxima and would still drive it, on top of that I don’t try to get good mpg as I drive fast from light to light and usually at least 80 if not 90-100 on the freeway--- I drive fast everywhere I go. I guess because I drive fast, it helps reduce my mpg losses….sometimes it’s freaky how long a tank of gas lasts. I know it’s because of this stuff.

To answer all you Flamers (yeah.. it has a capital “f”) comments about “don’t waste your money its all the same/ or its not worth it” Read up before you post that.

Why it’s not the same as other brands:

It does what it says it does, that’s lucas oil products. Lucas products = The ish nish, comon they got a motor oil additive that adds life to your engine. Other brands just contain additives (crappy ones at that) and not any significant amount of boost. When it comes to these things, eventually you trust the additives they use are higher quality, not to mention it actually bumps by 3 numbers.

Other brands tell you that their product boosts your gas 5 octane points or whatever.. that’s 1/2 an octane number. Lucas Octane boosts 3 octane numbers. They will even tell you on their bottle “Don’t be fooled by misleading advertising. It takes 10 octane points to equal 1 octane number”. They don’t lie, making good quality additives, and they even suggest running this not just one or two tanks, but with every tank. -----95% other brands don’t do anything hardly, and tell you to run it once or twice… What does that tell you? our product will kill your engine over long term use.... So yeah----- there is a difference between lucas and other brands of octane boost.

There are others that boost 6 to 7 numbers but I don’t trust the quality of their additives and it says for offroad use only. (not that that necessarily means anything) But personally, regaurdless of how much octane is in it, I don’t trust other brands, I like to stick to lucas because I don’t want more than 94-96 octane in my car all the time, and because I know the additives in it are quality and work like they should.

I have thought about making my own mix, I wouldn’t trust myself.

Yeah you could mix your own... I personally would rather trust a company devoted to mixing octane for us. Yeah it might cost a little more, but they have 100's of thousands in their research and have been doing it for a long time as a living. Additives are vital to it not hurting the engine. Lucas makes good additives.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
dot dot dot ...

Noted cliffs FTW:

Originally Posted by MetalBlueMaxx
Also, I don’t care if I got 22mpg on the highway I love my maxima and would still drive it,
That's why we're here right?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Actually

Higher octane = less prone to combust. Not easier
Lower octane = easier to combust.

Octane rating is a measure of resistance to knock. Thus why you can run higher compression/boost on other octane.

Octane ratings neither add or subtract the compression ratio.

Lotsa odd info in this thread

Also, what does octane rating have to do with mpg anyway??
Originally Posted by DasYears
this is the most azzbackward post i have EVER seen. apparently its opposites day
My apologies for the misinformation. I ran across this post while I was at work putting together a report. I tried to post quickly and got the information backwards. Since the information itself was correct, just placed backwards, would you like to crucify me on your cross or mine?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

so did the OP completely renag on everything then? This isn't the snake oil, er miracle product, I've been waiting for since gas prices started going up???
Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 PM
platinum03SE

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
i love it, if anyone tries anything new and shares it, you all suddenly jump on a bandwagon and flame the kid. even though 99.99% of you dont have a clue wtf you are talking about.

ok i dont think you guys understand that theres a difference between "real" octane boosters, and injector cleaners.

real octane boosters like NOS, Lucas and OUTLAW say for off road use only. reason being is that it has MMT....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylc...se_tricarbonyl

And Nitromethane in the octane booster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitromethane

These are the octane boosters that give you a little more of a jolt. also cleaning a little bit in the process with the MMT, but it MAY cause emission system failure, like o2 sensors, with excessive use.

Now ive seen threads like this before on here, about what injector cleaner you should use...and ill say it one last time. chevron techtron just because of its reputation and personal use. im sure people on here have used it.

but coming from someone that worked at a nissan dealer, ill tell you the only thing i use now is first the BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner, run that for a tank, then use the BG 44K Power Enhancer, run that for a tank then on your next few fill ups you will notice awesome power improvements. each of those products have their own job to do, and it does it well.

to be honest with you guys thou, i only do the bg treatment maybe every 10k-15k. after you run that it will clean the topend of your motor quite nice and the reason why you wouldnt need to treatment so much is if you run 91-93 octane only all the time, you will not go much build up. thats how i see it.

carry on.

ps...if you really want to keep your motor in tip top shape, get a meth injection kit such as cooling mist and run a small jet. then run a 50/50 mix with vp methanol and distilled water....and have you motor steam cleaned and get a power gain from lower combustion temperatures. but i would only use meth injection if i had headers and a afc tune. thats where you would see the biggest power gains, because you not going to lose power with it regardless.

http://coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.a...e_key=standard

that trunk mounted kit with stainless lines....be done

Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am usually willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until I can prove/disprove their claims to myself one way or the other, but you just shot yourself in the foot. There is no way you got 36 mpg over the last 6500 miles, if you are ragging on your car like you say.

If not performance at all (which I do) DEF mileage.

stock motor- 29-30 mpg highway
added intake- 32 mpg highway
with octane- 36 mpg highway, last 6500 miles have continued to have the same mpg on highway with the octane.
Also, I don’t care if I got 22mpg on the highway I love my maxima and would still drive it, on top of that I don’t try to get good mpg as I drive fast from light to light and usually at least 80 if not 90-100 on the freeway--- I drive fast everywhere I go.

I'm actually surprised no one else has called you out on this yet. Driving fast does not increase your fuel economy. In fact, it does the exact opposite. That's not just my opinion, thems the irrefutable laws of physics.
I guess because I drive fast, it helps reduce my mpg losses….sometimes it’s freaky how long a tank of gas lasts. I know it’s because of this stuff.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by platinum03SE
ok i dont think you guys understand that theres a difference between "real" octane boosters, and injector cleaners.

real octane boosters like NOS, Lucas and OUTLAW say for off road use only. reason being is that it has MMT....

-
Here's a quote for you about real octane boosters:

"they are harsh on pistons, rings and cylinder walls. Because they 'wash' the oil from these areas"

The reason I don't use "real" octane boosters is because I want my car to stay alive. This stuff is like running 94 octane with high quality additives thats all.
-

These are the octane boosters that give you a little more of a jolt. also cleaning a little bit in the process with the MMT, but it MAY cause emission system failure, like o2 sensors, with excessive use.
-
Trust me, running 94 octane gives you a jolt.
-

Now ive seen threads like this before on here, about what injector cleaner you should use...and ill say it one last time. chevron techtron just because of its reputation and personal use. im sure people on here have used it.

-
The reason I don't run chevron is because they charge you ilke $7 for a bottle of that, thats insane IMO. Not to mention... You KNOW they are ripping you off on that stuff because if you think about it, they must be spending billions at the pump to put that stuff in their gas.. Yes it might be a more concentrated formula, I don't buy it personally.
-

but coming from someone that worked at a nissan dealer, ill tell you the only thing i use now is first the BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner, run that for a tank, then use the BG 44K Power Enhancer, run that for a tank then on your next few fill ups you will notice awesome power improvements. each of those products have their own job to do, and it does it well.

-
Sounds like good stuff.. what do you pay for it? STuff I run is so cheap I can run it every tank, does it have have upper cyl lube too?
-

to be honest with you guys thou, i only do the bg treatment maybe every 10k-15k. after you run that it will clean the topend of your motor quite nice and the reason why you wouldnt need to treatment so much is if you run 91-93 octane only all the time, you will not go much build up. thats how i see it.

-
that is so true.. the point of running the upper cyl lube is to help counteract the added octane ---note the quote above---
-

carry on.

ps...if you really want to keep your motor in tip top shape, get a meth injection kit such as cooling mist and run a small jet. then run a 50/50 mix with vp methanol and distilled water....and have you motor steam cleaned and get a power gain from lower combustion temperatures. but i would only use meth injection if i had headers and a afc tune. thats where you would see the biggest power gains, because you not going to lose power with it regardless.

-
thats a lot of money and effort for some people
-

http://coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.a...e_key=standard

that trunk mounted kit with stainless lines....be done

I'm starting to believe it's as much of a miracle as black tape!.. oorr velcro!! orrr rubber tires!!! lol jp
Old 07-25-2007, 09:07 AM

bigEL

I am usually willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until I can prove/disprove their claims to myself one way or the other, but you just shot yourself in the foot. There is no way you got 36 mpg over the last 6500 miles, if you are ragging on your car like you say.

---
^^^ How ironic, I actually shot my self in the foot once with a 4.10 shot gun rofl, blew mid right toe off, seriously thats too irionic rofl.
---
OK, I've tested it probably 10 times here or there, (for bragging rights, and for personal tabs) as I worked a job 2.5 hours away and drive 145 miles one way TWICE aweek, relatively flat driving, decent roads half the time. I did this out of curiousty, as I always am testing my mpg since day one with the car, then after intake, HUGE bump in MPG after octane/upper lube. But please, lets forget about the MPG. As I'm getting sick of typing this crap. Maybe someone will actucally not criticise, got spend a couple bucks and prove me wrong. Also, as I said before le ts call it 33-35, thank you, also I said please forgive me, and I'm sorry, and my bad, lets please call it 33-35.

I generally drive 130mph+ several times on the trip for fun.. thats getting like 10mpg who knows.

I tested that SOLEY for the purpose seeing what it could do, I'd like to call it 33-35 to be safe. Good grief.
---

I'm actually surprised no one else has called you out on this yet. Driving fast does not increase your fuel economy. In fact, it does the exact opposite. That's not just my opinion, thems the irrefutable laws of physics.

---
ROFL how stupid do you think I am??? I am stupid but not taht stupid Lol. yeah man, my car gets better mpg when I floor it

The point is, it makes your car go further, and run more efficiently when you floor it.. in laymans terms.

~more great irony!!!!~~~
DID YOU KNOW?? your car actually DOES run more efficiently when you floor it?? At least up to 2k rpm or so. I hate the sound of it though I can hear my torque converter already ugggh.. One of motor trends 10 suggestions to get the best mpg. I can't believe they put that there though, as I know thats bad for so many cars..
---
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by PadawanKnight
My apologies for the misinformation. I ran across this post while I was at work putting together a report. I tried to post quickly and got the information backwards. Since the information itself was correct, just placed backwards, would you like to crucify me on your cross or mine?

It's all good man I think he was reffering to the post, as in the entire post, not your reply.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Noted cliffs FTW:

That's why we're here right?
yessir right on
Old 07-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MacGarnicle
so did the OP completely renag on everything then? This isn't the snake oil, er miracle product, I've been waiting for since gas prices started going up???
rofl snake oil rofl!! We all know crappy/additive free gas is bad. We all know gas with good additives i.e. techron, is good. So whats wrong with other good additives. No, this is not just about mpg, in fact its not about mpg, thank you. ***although its a real added bonus. ***
Old 07-25-2007, 09:42 AM
DasYears

We all know crappy/additive free gas is bad. We all know gas with good additives i.e. techron, is good.
actually, several independent tests have shown that there is little to no difference between techron 91 and other 91(such as 76 or valero)

Old 07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
WSH for teh cup

[QUOTE=MetalBlueMaxx]I'd like to call it 33-35 to be safe.QUOTE]
Now, i'm not taking sides or anything and I know this isn't about mpg, but personally I drive reasonably and the best i've gotten was 25 mpg. 10 mpg is a HUGE increase. 33-35.......That's like 4 cylinder mpg........ not a 3.0 or 3.5 225-255 hp engine.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
platinum03SE

did not one person besides metal blue max read what i wrote?!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
dot dot dot ...

Not w/o cliffs.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i did but clamining you got big power gains from two bottles is hard for someone with an analytical mind such as myself to grasp. i like certain fuel systems cleaners such as BG and chervon techron but running them all them the time is a waste for me not to mention believing its giving you anymore power than you had. the only way to back up a statement like that is facts such as a dyno. its been said you cannot feel anything less than 10whp no matter how in touch with your car you think you are, so the you are saying two bottles of liquid gave you 10+whp. i think its just placebo, you are expecting something because you paid for something so you run the car harder and say, wow ive got more power. same effect with using seafoam, sure it puts on a good show but it doesnt give you any more power than you had before.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 PM

I was told that mixing 93 octane and 89 octane, 3:1, actually increases octane levels above 93.......

At first thought, I said what many of you's will probably say: Wouldn't that mixture make 91 octane?

After a brief explaination, he went on to tell me that he went to the Nascar school, located in North Carolina, and says it was proven by the chemists, down there.

He even said he didnt believe it, until it was proven to him.....

Honestly, I still dont believe, but I wanted to get others opinion regarding this idea.

Thoughts?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by MaximumPower01
I was told that mixing 93 octane and 89 octane, 3:1, actually increases octane levels above 93.......

At first thought, I said what many of you's will probably say: Wouldn't that mixture make 91 octane?

After a brief explaination, he went on to tell me that he went to the Nascar school, located in North Carolina, and says it was proven by the chemists, down there.

Honestly, I still dont believe, but I wanted to get others opinion regarding this idea.

Thoughts?
I would have the expected reaction of that being ridiculous. i would wonder if the "chemists" were meth addicts. i cannot see how a reaction would occur by mixing different octane gasolines and them combining to be greater than their parts. seems like it would simply be an issue of averaging.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sloppymax
I would have the expected reaction of that being ridiculous. i would wonder if the "chemists" were meth addicts. i cannot see how a reaction would occur by mixing different octane gasolines and them combining to be greater than their parts. seems like it would simply be an issue of averaging.

My thoughts exactly, but the gentleman seemed legit.

Also, this is the school(s) he went to: (both UTI and Nascar Certified)

http://www.uticorp.com/default.aspx?tabid=254

I doubt if they were "meth heads", lol, but hey, who knows.........thats why im asking.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
DasYears

I doubt if they were "meth heads", lol, but hey, who knows.........thats why im asking.

methanol heads maybe?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by DasYears
methanol heads maybe?

UPDATE:

Had to fill up today, and tried using this method.

5 gallons of 93 (and approx. 1-1.5 gallon(s) in the tank)

2.25 gallons of 89

So far, I've noticed quite a difference in responsiveness, especially in the high end. RPM band also seems to be a bit smoother and the car doesnt bog down as much, at part throttle.

Im going to do some comparison over the next month or so, and see how it responds, to each and every tank.

*note*

Also, still not sure if this method has been proven or not, by another source.........Possibly someone could shed a little light on this theory.

ty

Old 07-25-2007, 05:57 PM

Hmmm..........or maybe I should just go tell the guy he's full of ****?

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/Octanemix.html
Old 07-25-2007, 06:47 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Hmmm..........or maybe I should just go tell the guy he's full of ****?

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/Octanemix.html
looks pretty compelling to me. hes probably too busy being the service monkey, aka the oil changer at a kia dealership now. i would bet if you put all 93 in it and paid as much attention, you would feel the same result. btw, im not suggesting you cannot use a lower grade of gasoline than the 91 that Nissan recommeneds, but the knock sensor will pick it up and retard the timing which effects power output.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Thoughts?

ROFL no offense. Sorry but mr nascar was pulling your leg, I bet he went back to the pits and told the other guys. I got some kid to believe that when you mix 89 and 93 you get 94 har har har..

***edit*** and I think you believvvve Lol
Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=Kyle00]
I'd like to call it 33-35 to be safe.QUOTE]
Now, i'm not taking sides or anything and I know this isn't about mpg, but personally I drive reasonably and the best i've gotten was 25 mpg. 10 mpg is a HUGE increase. 33-35.......That's like 4 cylinder mpg........ not a 3.0 or 3.5 225-255 hp engine.

Dude.. you get 25 mpg highway?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by sloppymax
i did but clamining you got big power gains from two bottles is hard for someone with an analytical mind such as myself to grasp. i like certain fuel systems cleaners such as BG and chervon techron but running them all them the time is a waste for me not to mention believing its giving you anymore power than you had. the only way to back up a statement like that is facts such as a dyno. its been said you cannot feel anything less than 10whp no matter how in touch with your car you think you are, so the you are saying two bottles of liquid gave you 10+whp. i think its just placebo, you are expecting something because you paid for something so you run the car harder and say, wow ive got more power. same effect with using seafoam, sure it puts on a good show but it doesnt give you any more power than you had before.

I hate to tell you Mr. analytical mind person, but you can feel the diff when you DONT use it, then when you put it back in there WHOO its back to how it should be nice and pepppah.... Its proven.... octane boosts power. I'd say its safe to say 10 whp in a base t/a maxima with an intake. Ok maybe not. But deff if you have other mods...I.E. SSIM Lol. More air you have moving, more power you will make with this stuff, (assuming your tuned of course)

Main thing we detect, is torque... or I like to call get up, or responsiveness, or gettin it moving or whatever, HP is your actuall GOING, ie after it's already moving how much it keeps moving. I swear if someone comments about this, I realllly dont want to tear someone up about the definitions of torque and HP.

Seafoam = something retaurded, like all the 6 point octanes that give you half a number. AND come with additives taht will blow your engine if you run them for more than 2 tanks. Lol

Since HP is already going, it's harder to detect. It's there though trust me, O yes huge thing, w/o a few mods/ more airflow you arn't going to get much out of it, I bet on a stock motor you would realllly never new you ran it, might run worse who knows. You reallly get a lot more gains with a higher HP motor moving more air.

The point of wasting $1.50 a tank on upper cylinder lube, is so my upper cylindars stay perfectly lubey.

Lubey = good when metal parts go rub rub rub.

It also ensures that the higher than normal amounts of octane don't --as previously stated-- wash your engine surfaces lubey lubey off. Although, 94 octane isn't probably going to do that, BUT if you run it every tank like me, it eventually might. (even though the great brand of lucas includes even more of that stuff in their octane for you)

O yeah, another great reason to spend $1.50 a tank on it IMO, is it also includes injector cleaner .. so you know your fuel system is always... perfectly, perfectly, perfectly clean, how I like it. NOW PLEASE don't get lost on that last little point, remember its numerous reasons that make paying $1.50 a tank for this stuff worth it too me, not to mention extra insurance for the octane.

***edit*** edited up there a little too.. you'll always wonder.

One more breakdown:

Octane makes engine run cleaner, along with added WHP, better MPG, cleaner emmissions. + includes upper cyl lube

Lucas upper cyl lube and injector cleaner, is only ran to make sure the repetitive octane use does not harm your engine, AND to keep your engine continuesly clean.

For all you people who like to let the gunk build and build for 15k miles go ahead. then clean it all out at once and pollute your oil all at once, be my guest. I like to keep the gunk off all the time. Just how I am with my 3.5 liter DE jewel.

A lot of people never clean their engine till 50k (or if ever or at all), like the previous owner of my car, when I bought it with 53k miles, I cleaned it and got significant gain, (after having installed 2 degree t/a and intake). Other mods will only make more gains with this stuff.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
dot dot dot ...

does T/A mean?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:46 PM

Sorry but mr nascar was pulling your leg, I bet he went back to the pits and told the other guys. I got some kid to believe that when you mix 89 and 93 you get 94 har har har..

First off, dont kill the messenger.

Second, in no shape or form am I a "kid", and I dont appreciate the presumption.

Third, dont make assumptions that leave you looking ignorant and uninformed.

And last but not least, the guy recently got out of school after recieving a degree as a Nascar Certified Mechanic. In no way did I agree with this analysis, therefore I asked for opinions.

By the way, are there any fuel engineers on the board, that can provide some REAL in depth analysis?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:09 PM

I hate to tell you Mr. analytical mind person, but you can feel the diff when you DONT use it, then when you put it back in there WHOO its back to how it should be nice and pepppah.... Its proven.... octane boosts power. I'd say its safe to say 10 whp in a base t/a maxima with an intake. Ok maybe not. But deff if you have other mods...I.E. SSIM Lol. More air you have moving, more power you will make with this stuff, (assuming your tuned of course)

Main thing we detect, is torque... or I like to call get up, or responsiveness, or gettin it moving or whatever, HP is your actuall GOING, ie after it's already moving how much it keeps moving. I swear if someone comments about this, I realllly dont want to tear someone up about the definitions of torque and HP.

Seafoam = something retaurded,

Lubey = good when metal parts go rub rub rub.

Ughhhhh.......

Anyone else reading this line of bs?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
dot dot dot ...

Apparently I did as per post #67.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Nmex- sorry you got your pantees stuck again.. You seem like one of those people that like to search the .org in order to make ego boosting comments.

T/A = timing advance..... I see that all over the .org I assumed it meant that.. am I wrong? You have the great oppurtunity to make me look stupid here if I am..

Another thing, it seems like you only make comments about one small thing, do you ever have anything positive to say?

I think you need to trash your emoticons and learn how to express your emotions in true words.. or just keep them to yourself.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm needing a caw

Exactly how does octane booster make the engine run cleaner or add hp. The ecu will only advance the timing to a predetermined map. Something it will do at 91/92 octane. As it was programmed from the factory that way.

Cleaner? How? Exactly? All the a/f ratios and cat performance is predetermined and not altered by octane boosters.

How can someone type so much yet say so little?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
dot dot dot ...

T/A = timing advance..
Thanks for clarifying. I've never seen it referred as T/A, that's all, no panties in a bunch.

Sorry you don't like whatever I post, put me on ignore if that's the case. I'd appreciate it if you would stop the personal attacks. Also if you could stop making comments on how I never help, and how I am some ego demented member, because I'm going to post whatever I want, so deal with it.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM

[QUOTEFirst off, dont kill the messenger.

Second, in no shape or form am I a "kid", and I dont appreciate the presumption.

Third, dont make assumptions that leave you looking ignorant and uninformed.

And last but not least, the guy recently got out of school after recieving a degree as a Nascar Certified Mechanic. In no way did I agree with this analysis, therefore I asked for opinions.

By the way, are there any fuel engineers on the board, that can provide some REAL in depth analysis?[/QUOTE]

My bad for being presumptious, people call me kid on here all the time too. Of course I act like one though haha, o yeah o wait, I am one...

In trying to reply to all these people, I missed a couple of your threads.. If I had read the others woulda been diff, my bad.

I get a little quick sometimes. I shoulda slowed down a little and realized you wern't somebody like nmexmax whose constantly trying to make me look stupid, I wouldn't have been like that, my bad.

About that last thing, I trust the fuel engineers at lucas
Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Thanks for clarifying. I've never seen it referred as T/A, that's all, no panties in a bunch.

Sorry you don't like whatever I post, put me on ignore if that's the case. I'd appreciate it if you would stop the personal attacks. Also if you could stop making comments on how I never help, and how I am some ego demented member, because I'm going to post whatever I want, so deal with it.
no I'm not gonna ignore you.. I wont say that again, thx.. actually I think you help, but for every helpful comment there is one or two comments that are negative. Man I really don't care what you post or what you say, but you say somethin towards me, like I'm some flaming idiot, I care and am going to give you a hard time. The only diff is I used words and not emoticons.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Exactly how does octane booster make the engine run cleaner or add hp. The ecu will only advance the timing to a predetermined map. Something it will do at 91/92 octane. As it was programmed from the factory that way.

Cleaner? How? Exactly? All the a/f ratios and cat performance is predetermined and not altered by octane boosters.

Man I wish I new EXACTLY, thats their job not mine. I'll tell you this, performance doesn't lie.

You type so much and say so little when you repeat over and over to people that keep trying to find reasons why it isn't true.... I don't know much, I'll admit it. I started this out trying to help people thats all, lol and this is what I get.

ROFL you got me wondering how I type so much and say so little. ROFL I really don't know man. But I know this stuff works.

Hopefully a couple people will try this stuff and back me up.. I know they will.... then, maybe you'll all leave me alone about the technicals.

I look at it like this: my car and I enjoy all the previously repeated and repeated reasons, and it's worth it to me. No techinalas are not known.. so what. Quit trying to prove me wrong.

Something still works even if it isn't proven techinally. Although technical runfiles, dyno sheets, and chemical analysis would be nice.... I'll tell you people what... I aint goin through all that to prove a stupid point. omgoodness
Old 07-26-2007, 04:19 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Man I wish I new EXACTLY, thats their job not mine. I'll tell you this, performance doesn't lie.

You type so much and say so little when you repeat over and over to people that keep trying to find reasons why it isn't true.... I don't know much, I'll admit it. I started this out trying to help people thats all, lol and this is what I get.

ROFL you got me wondering how I type so much and say so little. ROFL I really don't know man. But I know this stuff works.

Hopefully a couple people will try this stuff and back me up.. I know they will.... then, maybe you'll all leave me alone about the technicals.

I look at it like this: my car and I enjoy all the previously repeated and repeated reasons, and it's worth it to me. No techinalas are not known.. so what. Quit trying to prove me wrong.

Something still works even if it isn't proven techinally. Although technical runfiles, dyno sheets, and chemical analysis would be nice.... I'll tell you people what... I aint goin through all that to prove a stupid point. omgoodness
performance doesnt lie. well thats definetely the statement to end your pointless ramblings. there is no way a company would produce a product simply to sell it and make money is there. have you ever worked for Stillen before? there are a few around here with some real knowledge and even some with just enough common sense to ignore your unjustified claims. however, if i was putting 10whp down more than everyone else stock, i sure would dyno just to show everyone up. people that know better would stop trying to prove you wrong if you werent spreading crap that simply is not true. if it is possible for you to learn anything, just realize you are not helping anyone when you have absoulutely no basis for any claims. if you can disprove myself and the other critics on any sort of verifiable level then ill go out and buy a case of lucas to celebrate.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
platinum03SE

can someone read my post and look at the websites i listed and you will see why!

is everyone ****ing stupid on here or what. seems like you guys are all thick headed just like 75% of the dsm board's. read my post and you will see the advantaged and disadvantages of octane boosters (the real ones) and prolong use.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm needing a caw

I already know this stuff so no need to insult my intelligence.

BTW meth/water injection is primarly designed for forced induction. Although water injection WILL tend to clean the engine, it won't make power on a NA engine. Probably lose power if anything.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:51 AM
dot dot dot ...

can someone read my post and look at the websites i listed and you will see why!

is everyone ****ing stupid on here or what. seems like you guys are all thick headed just like 75% of the dsm board's. read my post and you will see the advantaged and disadvantages of octane boosters (the real ones) and prolong use.
No need for the hostility. What I do whenever someone doesn't read my links, and I believe in my hollow little head than it's pertinent information, is make the characters easier to see, i.e. larger&/or bold/loud colors etc.

Another thing to try is make your post a little more 'professional'. This gives you a little more credibility and m,embers might take you serious. Little things such as proper grammar, and if you have links, post a quote using the board quote feature to call out certain valid points since a lot of links are just too much to read.

Quick Reply: The only way to run a tank of gas.