General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The only way to run a tank of gas.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by platinum03SE
ok i dont think you guys understand that theres a difference between "real" octane boosters, and injector cleaners.

real octane boosters like NOS, Lucas and OUTLAW say for off road use only. reason being is that it has MMT....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylc...se_tricarbonyl

And Nitromethane in the octane booster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitromethane

These are the octane boosters that give you a little more of a jolt. also cleaning a little bit in the process with the MMT, but it MAY cause emission system failure, like o2 sensors, with excessive use.

Now ive seen threads like this before on here, about what injector cleaner you should use...and ill say it one last time. chevron techtron just because of its reputation and personal use. im sure people on here have used it.

but coming from someone that worked at a nissan dealer, ill tell you the only thing i use now is first the BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner, run that for a tank, then use the BG 44K Power Enhancer, run that for a tank then on your next few fill ups you will notice awesome power improvements. each of those products have their own job to do, and it does it well.

to be honest with you guys thou, i only do the bg treatment maybe every 10k-15k. after you run that it will clean the topend of your motor quite nice and the reason why you wouldnt need to treatment so much is if you run 91-93 octane only all the time, you will not go much build up. thats how i see it.

carry on.

ps...if you really want to keep your motor in tip top shape, get a meth injection kit such as cooling mist and run a small jet. then run a 50/50 mix with vp methanol and distilled water....and have you motor steam cleaned and get a power gain from lower combustion temperatures. but i would only use meth injection if i had headers and a afc tune. thats where you would see the biggest power gains, because you not going to lose power with it regardless.

http://coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.a...e_key=standard

that trunk mounted kit with stainless lines....be done

Thank you for your post Platinum.....It was well informed and shed a little light on the subject at hand.

did not one person besides metal blue max read what i wrote?!
Some people would rather flame others for there ignorance rather than help them learn.

In your case, I think they just completey ignored you.

Pathetic.

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Not w/o cliffs.

Once again, Nmex being a complete *** to get a rise out of someone.

can someone read my post and look at the websites i listed and you will see why!

is everyone ****ing stupid on here or what. seems like you guys are all thick headed just like 75% of the dsm board's. read my post and you will see the advantaged and disadvantages of octane boosters (the real ones) and prolong use.
You're right.

Most will not respond with an informative post, unless you are a donating member of the community. (or so I've noticed)

No need for the hostility. What I do whenever someone doesn't read my links, and I believe in my hollow little head than it's pertinent information, is make the characters easier to see, i.e. larger&/or bold/loud colors etc.

Another thing to try is make your post a little more 'professional'. This gives you a little more credibility and m,embers might take you serious. Little things such as proper grammar, and if you have links, post a quote using the board quote feature to call out certain valid points since a lot of links are just too much to read.

What is your deal?

The guy was very proffessional and informative in his original post, and you come back with a smart *** response?? (like usual)

How do you expect him to react?

IMO, it seems you constantly have to put somone else down in order to boost your ego beyond what it is already. I honestly think you just like getting a rise out of people, and do it subtle enough to continue to "fly under the radar".

Anyhoo, I respect the information you've provided the org over the last year or so, and appreciate the time you've spent testing and re-testing, and tracking files.

However, I sure dont respect the FACT that you continue to act like a pompus *** towards people (especially noobies) you do not agree with.

Seems to me we were all once 's

Old 07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by MaximumPower01

Yes, that's me using emoticons.....again.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
platinum03SE

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I already know this stuff so no need to insult my intelligence.

BTW meth/water injection is primarly designed for forced induction. Although water injection WILL tend to clean the engine, it won't make power on a NA engine. Probably lose power if anything.

ok jeff, i wont insult you anymore. i know this stuff also. althou i will agree with meth injection being used on forced induction, you would see MORE gains on f/i vs n/a. but for you to be as ignorant to say that you would probably lose power? you must not have too much intelligence then. when used with a smaller amount on a n/a you will see positive gains. thats why you wouldnt want to use a larger nozzle on a n/a. also a 50/50 mix is what you should use, no smirf **** or just distilled water.

meth injection has been around for a long *** time now. they even used it in formula 1 cars. they had to ban it thou due to the fact that the cars had more of an advantage with it because of the power increase.

other things i know;

In diesels, it has three effects; 1. the intercooling effect provides for more available air and all the benefits of a higher pressure ratio (more power giving fuel can be utilized safely without high combustion temperatures). 2. the combustion of water provides for more power on the power stroke. 3. methanol acts as an additional fuel for more power. you can also use nitrous and propane injection too.

(i love the dieselstop, and when 1/2 my friends have a powerstroke or cummins truck)

this is off another website:

A brief History:
Water injection was evaluated scientifically in the 1930’s by H. Ricardo who demonstrated that one can basically double the power output of an engine using water/methanol. The first widespread use was during WWII on supercharged and turbocharged aircraft. In 1942, the German Luftwaffe increased the horsepower of the Focke-Wulf 190D-9 fighter aircraft from 1776HP to 2240HP using 50/50% water/methanol injection. The allies soon followed by fitting the P51 Mustang and other high performance aircraft with water/methanol injection. Following the war, the turboprop aircraft industry used water/methanol injection and called it the “automatic power reserve system (APR)” for use in hot or high altitude take off. It surfaced again in the 60’s when GM used a system on the OEM turbo Corvair. It was used effectively in Formula 1 before being banned for adding too much power.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

F1 in their NA or FI applications?

The reason why water/meth helps FI, it cools the temps and allows the engine to accept much more boost. THAT way, it can make big power. If you didn't up the boost, it wouldn't do much. As the cooling action also decreases the pressure inside the combustion chamber. You actually loose a lb or 2 of psi in FI applications

Explain exactly how misting water/meth into the mix will help an na engine (other than the cleaning action). As you don't have the option of upping the compression (unless you build the engine to run high compression/meth/water to begin with) or upping the boost (na = no boost)

See here:

Water Injection and Normally Aspirated Engines*

Use of water injection is typically associated with a supercharger. Through our research and development, Kennedy's has found that water injection may be very useful in certain normally aspirated applications. You can read more about this on our SUV page here. To briefly review, the basic concept is that contemporary engines from GM, Ford, and most European and Japanese manufacturers utilize knock sensor technology to allow an aggressive timing curve. The knock sensor retards timing to avoid damaging detonation under commonly encountered conditions such as high load (rapid acceleration, hill climbing, towing), high ambient temperature, or low octane fuel. This protects the engine but robs power and ruins fuel economy. With the use of Kennedy's Water Injection you can have your cake and eat it to! By suppressing detonation, the knock sensor remains inactive and full timing is retained. The result is more power, better fuel economy, and crisp throttle response. When the knock sensor pulls timing, up to 30-40hp can be lost on a normally aspirated motor. With a Kennedy's Custom Water Injection, this horsepower remains available when you need it.
Notes:

1) No power GAINED. Only existing power not lost
2) This agrees with what I stated already BEFORE I got flamed:
Exactly how does octane booster make the engine run cleaner or add hp. The ecu will only advance the timing to a predetermined map. Something it will do at 91/92 octane. As it was programmed from the factory that way.
So if the ecu isn't pulling timing, you aren't losing power. AND one certainly isn't GAINING more power over stock.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 PM
platinum03SE

i was only saying it would be good with a 3.5 vq motor with full bolton's and maybe an ecu, not just bone stock.

and actaully i dont know wtf your talking about by loosing boost? i should know since i had a talon. for instance, my friend has it on his car. when he first put it on we ran it at the same boost levels and noticed a huge power gain. boost never went down or up, but it did run ALOT richer. he was running a 11.5 a/f before it then when installed it was at 10.0-10.5 a/f.

car made 330whp on a evo3 16g. no meth

RE-READ THIS

ok jeff, i wont insult you anymore. i know this stuff also. althou i will agree with meth injection being used on forced induction, you would see MORE gains on f/i vs n/a. but for you to be as ignorant to say that you would probably lose power? you must not have too much intelligence then. when used with a smaller amount on a n/a you will see positive gains. thats why you wouldnt want to use a larger nozzle on a n/a. also a 50/50 mix is what you should use, no smirf **** (washer fluid) or just distilled water.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm needing a caw

was only saying it would be good with a 3.5 vq motor with full bolton's and maybe an ecu, not just bone stock
Sorry where did you state this before?

I should clarify

My theory is yes "boost is the same". BUT how much air is he moving though the engine at that same psi level? Cooler air is denser air = more air though the engine at the same psi level.

You are stating what happened. Not necessarily WHY it's happening.

You don't get that benefit in a NA application.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
platinum03SE

no **** did i not just say that. i said you wont get the same gains as you would on a boosted motor then on a motor with no turbo or supercharger. but with most kits that you buy, u can get different size nozzles....that usually range from 250hp and under, and then 300hp and up. so you wouldnt put a HUGE nozzle on a n/a motor, you would put one of the smallest. it would help out also if used with nitrous.

and like i said in the last post, the air/fuel mixture went richer, therefor i had to take out more fuel. boost level stayed the same. dont try to insult me on my turbo dsm knowledge because as far as i know ill own everyone on this board with them.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

I KNOW the gains aren't the same for FI vs na.

1) I asked where you said this before: Because this is the 1st I've seen it
was only saying it would be good with a 3.5 vq motor with full bolton's and maybe an ecu, not just bone stock
2) WHAT NA GAINS??? I just posted the data of why one would THINK you gain. But you actually do NOT.

3) Boost level. Again did I SAY BOOST level or amount of air?? But it's odd that you are pushing more AIR but the mix got rich.

Wonderful that you will Own everyone on this MAXIMA board with you DSM knowledge. Please stand up and take a bow. (even though you again didn't explain WHY vs describing an event that happened)
Old 07-26-2007, 03:46 PM

Yes, that's me using emoticons again to dance around the questions pertained to me........Thank you, MaxPower, for that honest, in depth analysis!

lol, yw mang, anytime!

Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

with 261,000 miles on mine, why the hell would i change?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:55 PM
dot dot dot ...

What is your deal?
Octane threads on here seem to have run their course. That coupled with the fact that I like to see technical data and/or #'s to back up the said claim. I'm sorry if I am asking too much, but in order to have definitive proof, there is just no other way, especially when trying to prove gains on a car forum. In my posts/threads I always try my best to prove a gain, or at least provide data and information to back up anything I'm posting. I apologize if I am asking the same of other members. I will gladly eat my own words, like I have in the past, if there is a legitimate reason to do so, i.e. any type of data from the OP that proves me wrong.

It was a legitimate suggestion. In the past I’ve noticed that when I want attention to a post that I deem is reputable, I will kindly put it in bold words/bright letters. Also, he( platinum), was asking very elementary questions in another thread. The questions he was asking could have been found by taking 3-5 minutes and reading up a few posts, so I was KINLDY helping him out as I did in the other thread. I guess from my history, you thought I was being sarcastic, when, as per my suggestion, I was only trying to help.

Now let's let Jeffy get back to do what he does best.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:50 AM
platinum03SE

i really hate how half the ****'s on here cant even just say hey nice post, good info with those website you sent. only one person.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
dot dot dot ...

1.) Provide data and it WILL be a nice post, until then, go back to DSM-ville and own everyone there.
2.) Profit?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

hey nice post, good info with those websiteS you sent. only one person.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm needing a caw

I hate when I ask a question and show data contradicting someone's post, they don't reply and just biach.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
platinum03SE

1.) Provide data and it WILL be a nice post, until then, go back to DSM-ville and own everyone there.
2.) Profit?
shut the **** up ***** i provided the best data out of anyone here about the subject. if you cared to read it you would know wtf octane boosters and everything else does. but you must know everything. referrer back to post #45 you ****in idiots.

oh, i dont need to go own everyone in dsm-ville, theres people on there that actaully give a **** about what people are talking about and arnt so thick headed like half the people on there. maybe you ****s should grow ****s and drive one. you mite like the adrenaline rush you will get.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm needing a caw

shut the **** up ***** i provided the best data out of anyone here about the subject. if you cared to read it you would know wtf octane boosters and everything else does. but you must know everything.
You have two choices sparky

1) Keep up with the profanity and be banned
2) Stop the profanity and discuss it like an adult.

I too have posted links AND AN EXPLAINATION. You don't even understand the crap you are linking to. YOu can't even DISCUSS what I've posted because you have no idea how to.
Good to know bro
Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

shut the **** up ***** i provided the best data out of anyone here about the subject. if you cared to read it you would know wtf octane boosters and everything else does. but you must know everything. referrer back to post #45 you ****in idiots
16 years old? internet tough guy?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah hell no. Everyone say bye bye to the chump.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Thank you for your post Platinum.....It was well informed and shed a little light on the subject at hand.

Some people would rather flame others for there ignorance rather than help them learn.

In your case, I think they just completey ignored you.

Pathetic.

Once again, Nmex being a complete *** to get a rise out of someone.

You're right.

Most will not respond with an informative post, unless you are a donating member of the community. (or so I've noticed)

What is your deal?

The guy was very proffessional and informative in his original post, and you come back with a smart *** response?? (like usual)

IMO, it seems you constantly have to put somone else down in order to boost your ego beyond what it is already. I honestly think you just like getting a rise out of people, and do it subtle enough to continue to "fly under the radar".

Anyhoo, I respect the information you've provided the org over the last year or so, and appreciate the time you've spent testing and re-testing, and tracking files.

However, I sure dont respect the FACT that you continue to act like a pompus *** towards people (especially noobies) you do not agree with.

Seems to me we were all once 's

^^^^^ this guy isn't an idiot, he actually read all the posts, took it all into account, didn't look at biases, looked at facts and made a correct and conclusive statement. I bet yall are going to bash him for it.

^^^ Yup I bet yall will. Thx

^^^^^^^ thank goodness for someone with a brain
Old 07-28-2007, 11:37 AM

Yes, that's me using emoticons.....again.

I'm proud of you NmexMAX, your so special. Guess what I can use emoticons too....

Try to act like you don't insult people. Emoticons are worse than insulting words, as they allow a like you to get away with saying things with actually being a man and saying them. Thx

You crack me up with your replies that say:

aww poor me, why are you so mean, don't be mean to me. I did nothing wahhh gettin pretty young if you ask me.

I'm sorry your a self centered

Also, if you weren't hiding behind a computer like a.. this is what would happen.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:48 AM

You have two choices sparky

1) Keep up with the profanity and be banned
2) Stop the profanity and discuss it like an adult.

I too have posted links AND AN EXPLAINATION. You don't even understand the crap you are linking to. YOu can't even DISCUSS what I've posted because you have no idea how to.
Good to know bro

can you really blame him jeff92?

nmex is obviously throwing frustrating out there things to annoy people, read his posts, he obviously, BLATENTLY likes to frustrate, annoy, and power trip on people behind a computer. If someone is banned, ban him, not the frustrated org member. I'm sorry any org member, who has a healthy temper, is GOING to get peod at nmex. Thanks, JMO

I do understand the policy about profantity, please consider that he is an unneccesary yeah. This is FAR worse to this WEB than someone who says F**** a few times. He has probably angered people(noobs or not) say 5k times? omg.. I hate to say this, but what a loser. Needs to go to boot camp or something.

I say, 2k times he's annoyed someobody means he is 10x worse than 1 person going off a couple times in a profane way.

what a turd omg, just re read that, whatta turd, whatta turd.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not reading through all 4 pages of this BS, but until you substantiate this supposed HP gain on a dyno, it's all , IMO.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:49 AM

O yeah, octane/upper cyl lube....

it's worth it!!!!

This stuff is formulated to be ran every tank, not harm your engine, and still have the benefits of running higher octane.

Unlike the long term effects of "real octane" (I'd like to call it octane w/o the right additives)
Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by nismology
I'm not reading through all 4 pages of this BS, but until you substantiate this supposed HP gain on a dyno, it's all , IMO.

Yeah I hear you. I'd probably be the same way :/
Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 AM

ok, check this out guys... i went ahead and bought the products last night like i said i would. i am making a trip from North Carolina to Florida on Monday. I will DEFINITELY go through a few tanks on the round trip so i will keep my eye on some things. However, the only thing i can provide proof on is the mileage...i'll form an 'opinion' on the HP/TQ gains but without a dyno, which is what everyone wants, im not going to pass off as fact. (dang, i wish i had some baseline 1/4 mile runs too with my mods cuz i'll probably hit up a 1/4 mile track on wednesday, see what this octane/cleaner can really do, lol). So we will find out if it help/hurts something (mpg) ok?

I dont have a baseline with my current mods (have some from before), but im sure if its a dramatic increase i'll know.

MetalBlueMaxx, only because its your thread and idea to try this, will my experiment provide 'accurate' results or do i need to wait in between tanks, drive through more tanks, etc. to get what im looking for? regardless, i will track every tank, drive as normally as possible, or atleast consistently, until i get back to NC)
Old 07-29-2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
ok, check this out guys... i went ahead and bought the products last night like i said i would. i am making a trip from North Carolina to Florida on Monday. I will DEFINITELY go through a few tanks on the round trip so i will keep my eye on some things. However, the only thing i can provide proof on is the mileage...i'll form an 'opinion' on the HP/TQ gains but without a dyno, which is what everyone wants, im not going to pass off as fact. (dang, i wish i had some baseline 1/4 mile runs too with my mods cuz i'll probably hit up a 1/4 mile track on wednesday, see what this octane/cleaner can really do, lol). So we will find out if it help/hurts something (mpg) ok?

I dont have a baseline with my current mods (have some from before), but im sure if its a dramatic increase i'll know.

MetalBlueMaxx, only because its your thread and idea to try this, will my experiment provide 'accurate' results or do i need to wait in between tanks, drive through more tanks, etc. to get what im looking for? regardless, i will track every tank, drive as normally as possible, or atleast consistently, until i get back to NC)

Cool cool, I'm glad somebodies not flipping out about runfiles, dynos, and just trying this. Althought I understand all the people who don't want to waste their money on something that isn't proven, that is good thinking.

If its been a while since you cleaned your car you'll get more gains. I'd say run two tanks both with both products, and run it hard. If your car's dirty like mine was (previous owner went too easy on it), you'll really get some nice gains and tell a difference in how smooth the engine runs. The upper cylinder lube is what does that, it's good stuff man.

Then, 3rd tank, don't run it, you should notice a lack in performance that isn't placebo.

It will seem like your vehicle is running rich for a little while (infact, indefinately), you will notice your engine at idle with shake more, and under hard acceleration it tends to bog a little bit. Don't worry about this, your car will learn it and should balance things out if you have an intake and other mod's to help the engine get more air. I had a small timing advance too which may have been what helped for me too.

Otherwise don't expect anything drastic, but it's there. It will make your engine run cleaner, it is the only safe octane booster that doesn't kill your o2 sensors so feel safe. More mods you have, more gains you'll experience.

I've got some decent mods going on now, and I checked to make sure it wasn't in my head the other day. Filled up, didn't use it, omgoodness it was no good. Added it back in on a full tank, sloshed her real good and it ran much better again.

O yeah, be sure to add it before you fill up so it mixes well.

Goodgrief I would have never posted this post if I knew I was gonna have to type like this. Lol.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
is invisible

metal tampon in tank>*

this will be interesting....
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=70
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 AM

hahaha if you want a higher octane number for your gas, why don't you buy 93 at the pump instead of 91.. unless for some weird reason 93 doesn't exist in your area...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm needing a caw

1) I do blame him
2) NMEX knows more about cars/engines than you will probably know. His opinion > yours
3) All he asked for was proof. I don't see a problem with that.
4) You can't handle a logical explaination so you get upset.
5) IMHO YOU need to go go boot camp in how to handle a discussion in an adult manner.
Originally Posted by MetalBlueMaxx
can you really blame him jeff92?

nmex is obviously throwing frustrating out there things to annoy people, read his posts, he obviously, BLATENTLY likes to frustrate, annoy, and power trip on people behind a computer. If someone is banned, ban him, not the frustrated org member. I'm sorry any org member, who has a healthy temper, is GOING to get peod at nmex. Thanks, JMO

I do understand the policy about profantity, please consider that he is an unneccesary yeah. This is FAR worse to this WEB than someone who says F**** a few times. He has probably angered people(noobs or not) say 5k times? omg.. I hate to say this, but what a loser. Needs to go to boot camp or something.

I say, 2k times he's annoyed someobody means he is 10x worse than 1 person going off a couple times in a profane way.

what a turd omg, just re read that, whatta turd, whatta turd.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:27 AM

1) I do blame him

Good as long as you see that. It's your choice to let people run around with an attitude that constantly says "your an idiot, I'm an expert" Hey, I've probably seen 50 posts like this from him. How many people has he unncessarily annoyed. He doesn't get to me.. lol I get to him.

2) NMEX knows more about cars/engines than you will probably know. His opinion > yours

I know this man... I never claimed to know more. only prob is his attitude that says he "knows more about cars/engines than you will probably know"

3) All he asked for was proof. I don't see a problem with that.

I don't either cept for the all the above. I dont have proof, which sucks. what am I supposed to do, I knew quickly I shouldn't have posted this at all, but I did, and I stuck with it.

4) You can't handle a logical explaination so you get upset.

Man, I don't get upset about little things like this... I'm just a person trying to help.. It might look like I get upset, but that's all it is, I just put up with attitudes by giving them the same thing back.. I don't get upset or offended easily. Def not about an octane thread without proof.

5) IMHO YOU need to go go boot camp in how to handle a discussion in an adult manner.

I appreciate honest stated opinions in words so much, thank you. Yeah I'm not an adult, I do need boot camp. I do need to handle a dissucution like an adult, my bad. Lack of sleep man lack of sleep

anyways.. I'd prefer all the proving me wrong stuff than get all touchy feely about whose a jerk and whose not. Lol jp man. Lol.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by getbigtony
hahaha if you want a higher octane number for your gas, why don't you buy 93 at the pump instead of 91.. unless for some weird reason 93 doesn't exist in your area...

wow, you hit this one on the head man.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:37 AM
dot dot dot ...

So, I just read all of MY posts in this entire thread (~ 10), and not once did I ever act or in anyway behave as if I knew more than anyone, because, well I don't. I'm here to learn just like everyone else, well most everyone.

It's your assumptions and the way many of you take my comments the wrong way that make you think I'm being sarcastic. Look outside the box the next time you see one of my posts.

Good thread, would read again.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by CoolMax
metal tampon in tank>*

this will be interesting....
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=70

your telling me say octane is a waste of money, which it is somewhat. thats where peoples choice comes in.. I don't think 95% people should run.. as stated. UGH.

your telling me upper cyl lube which makes your engine run smoother.. all the while keep your injectors and valves clean with quality additives (as it is an additive) and improved performance (as stated not stock cars but ones with an intake and maybe a T/A as I have to help compensate for the richness) ugh im done answering this critizim.

You either lack a brain, or time, because you didn't read this 100 post thread through (NOT that I blame you Lol), or your just a wuss who is going with the flow, these things are logical thanks.

jeff92se.. thats
Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

Actually I should have said "I don't blame him" but whatever.

You telling us this product does all these nice things BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE LABEL SAYS. As you grow up, you will learn that NOT ALL THINGS DELIVER WHAT IS CLAIMED.

Coolmax IS discussing. IF YOU THINK about what he is saying. But I do think that's a poor choice as Cool, I doubt he was around when the gas tampon thing was around? Or clearly doesn't remember.

We all here as far as experience_________________________________*
You are here _____*

When you get here ______________________________*

you will begin to understand.

Enjoy the journey
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I have a 2002 SE with 65K on it, and I used
BG44k for the first time and it is truely amazing. I filled up with Shell 92V Power and dumped in the 11 ounce can and drove for 15 miles and could not believe the difference. I bought this product on ebay for $6 per can in an auction and would recommend it to all of you. This may be old news but I can't search

See ya,

Joe T.
Prior Lake, MN
Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 PM

Maybe it's just me, but the first time I read this post (before anyone replied to it), I thought "spam"

Why is everyone so concerned with additives? If you want a higher octane, either go to your nearest track and fill up there, or use your own pick of additives and keep it to yourself. Personally, I dont think they work. If you use a good, clean gasoline, why do you need anything else?

So how can this debate be decided? Well, it cant be. Unless I see dyno results, or some type of a controlled testing, I dont care, as I'm sure 99% of the people here on the org feel the same way. Dont be upset, I'm not trying to flame, or be disrespectful, I am just saying that the whole fuel additives, and the engine oil additives have been beaten to death; everytime people see new posts about them, it just ignites old controversy with the added frustration of "didn't I argue this point a week ago? and the week before that? and the week before that? etc..."

Again, no disrespect, but dont be surprised why so many people are giving you **** for posting this thread with no concrete evidence.

Brian
Old 08-01-2007, 05:25 PM

Actually I should have said "I don't blame him" but whatever.

You telling us this product does all these nice things BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE LABEL SAYS. As you grow up, you will learn that NOT ALL THINGS DELIVER WHAT IS CLAIMED.

Coolmax IS discussing. IF YOU THINK about what he is saying. But I do think that's a poor choice as Cool, I doubt he was around when the gas tampon thing was around? Or clearly doesn't remember.

We all here as far as experience_________________________________*
You are here _____*

When you get here ______________________________*

you will begin to understand.

Enjoy the journey

Don't blame him, thats cool, I hear that side too, lots of annoying noobs out there like me Lol. Still doesn't justify making them all feel like their worthless because they don't know about engines.

I'm sorry, I'm wrong. Really. I'll shut up now.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by MetalBlueMaxx
Still doesn't justify making them all feel like their worthless
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...&postcount=113

Still don't see where I ridiculed anyone.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:37 AM
DasYears

I doubt he was around when the gas tampon thing was around? Or clearly doesn't remember.
just pointing this out cause this thread sucks anyway, but the Dr. fuelmax (AKA metal tampon in tank) thing was only like 1.5 yrs ago

Quick Reply: The only way to run a tank of gas.