General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Any Info on 2002 Pathfinder or QX4??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 12:56 PM

Hi guys,

I'm really really close to replacing my 1998 Pathfinder ... there's just little Problems here and there that Is really starting to **** me off so I want to trade it in!

Anyone have ANY info on the 2002 Pathfinder or QX4??

I'm hesitant to buy the 2001 Pathfinder because I'm not sure What Nissan Has up their SLEEVE for the 2002!!

Thanx,
Eric
Old 07-23-2001, 01:00 PM
Kevlo for President

i think its justs get a face lift check in www.freshalloy.com. look in their forums
Old 07-23-2001, 01:12 PM

Hehe ... Already did ... No info that satisfies me!

Plus its coming from like 1 guy thats not even Part of freshalloy team just a Normal Poster!

Originally posted by kevlo911
i think its justs get a face lift check in www.freshalloy.com. look in their forums
Old 07-23-2001, 01:15 PM
Kevlo for President

i don't think it will get a redisign until 03 try nissannews.com . they will prob play with the front and the rear of both cars.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:33 PM

Out of curiousity, what is wrong with your 98 Pathfinder??
Old 07-23-2001, 06:15 PM

if you plan on gettign up level PF why don't you get highlander or MDX? the MDX is bigger, more luxury, more features, more power, smoother ride... blah blah blah, toyota highlander is a lot more carlike then yr PF. I doubt you go off road and I know you hate minivans so don't you think those carlike SUV suits you better? besides they get better MPG, or maybe even a subaru wagon which would outhandle most SUV on snow
Old 07-23-2001, 06:26 PM

mmmm MDX... i got to play with my freinds MDX... ooh boy, it's real fun! def. a suv you should consider!

i dont like the toyota thing. their suv's look way too ugly (both toyota/lexus). although the interior of the lexus lx-whatever is pretty nifty, tv, vcr, wireless headphones

i'm a looks kinda guy
Old 07-23-2001, 10:22 PM
is invisible

What about the RX300 Silversport...

The RX isnt' exactly pretty, but if I were to get an SUV..the Silversport would be the one. I wonder if you could strap TRD's SC on to that..after all, the RX is based on the Camry.
Old 07-23-2001, 11:39 PM

Woah

In CANADA ... the SE already HAS the "All Mode" for Automatics!!!! Had it since 2001 Model!!

Yes I do take the PATHFINDER Off Road to a Certain Extent (no real Rock Climbing and stuff but still a bit off road)

Costcowholesale: Do I know You personally???? hehe How do U know I HATE MINIVANS????????? Scary man ... U read my mind.
As for the Highlander, I've test Driven it ... I don't like it, Plus the Pricing of that Beeyatch I can get a QX4 with a Fully Loaded Highlander (Do we even need to consider??)
MDX ... Well I think it looks Ugly, and the price is Also Comparable to the QX4, but I'll consider it!

Dooball: I'm a Looks Kinda guy too ... the Toyota's are too Wierd Looking for my Taste.

CoolMax: Read above for Reply!

Hogan: Hmmmmm So U think I should wait??

Eric L.: Problems? Well the Windshield washer fluid is Leaking, Brakes are almost Toast, And there is "Something" wrong on the Passenger side Wheel Area ... I get a HIGH PITCHED Squeeking Noise when Its in motion.

What should I do guys??
Old 07-24-2001, 12:23 AM

i don't think it will get a redisign until 03 try nissannews.com . they will prob play with the front and the rear of both cars.
That is one beautiful picture of the new Z!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2001, 12:25 AM

Aiight! Cool!

Yeah I don't like the 4Runner at all ... that Truck is WAAAAAY OutDated ... plus its NOT worth the Money!

I really Like the Pathfinder ... thats why I'm Considering a NEW one! hehe

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

I go offroading A LOT~!
Beach driving, hunting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, move cargo, etc. I flipped my 92 Pathfinder when I was offroading, it had a custom SC kit in it.
MDX wasn't all that, the RX300 wasn't all that.
The X5 wasnt all that, its not a bias against those SUVs, its my opinion on what I do when I use an SUV. I don't need a big truck like a Yukon or Excursion. The PF gives me what I want, when I want it.
Work hard, and play harder.

Empz, wait up on it, I want to see what 02 has in store, and if the 03 is confirmed, then I'll wait even more. I am a serious SUV enthusiast, but also at the same time, I can't stand XTerras. The 4Runner my friend has is SC'd, but beyond that, its very "quirky." It even feels small, and the road handling was not up to par as my PF is.

My PF in its glory days of bolt-ons, and some other custom mods, have taken down a 3rd Gen Auto, and Manual, almost beat a 4th gen auto, but bah I was stock. Its amazing what a 4.375 axle ratio can do on acceleration runs.
Old 07-24-2001, 05:31 AM
Zam

Huh? I don't know whether or not to defend Toyota on this, but lemme give my 2cents.

4Runner is for the wife, like most SUVs. She thinks its the most beautiful thing in the world and won't let it go for anything(trust me, if the truck goes, I go). I think it looks pretty good for a beefed up minivan, but is sooooo boring to drive. At the time(early 2000) the Xterra was hot and the 240 hp Pathfinder/QX4 was out. I test drove all three but nothing really 'jumped' out at me about them. The QX4 had a cool steering wheel and pinch protection on the sunroof, but a bit pricey. We were really turned off by the Pathfinder's looks, but I secretly desired the 3.5. We almost settled on the Xterra, but at the last minute test drove the Runner. It wasn't exactly spacious, priced to sell, or very powerful. It did however feel very solid, very quiet, and on par with the $5000 more QX4. Toyota would have no problem rebadging it a Lexus and adding another $5k to the price. There was also something appealing about the hood scoop(am I the only one that really desires the new WRX?). What finally convinced us to go for the Toyota was resale, because I didn't want to end up keeping the truck for the rest of my life.

As we all know, most used Nissans don't do well on used car lots. I dunno why, it's just the way things are. That is why I'm still driving my 5 year old automagic GXE, because I refuse to lose my **** in a trade.

I also don't really think it is all that outdated. Just give her a chance and you may be surprised. It is also supposed to get the Tundras V8 and a refreshing for 2002. I'd like to see more standard options and a bit more shoulder room.

All in all, the logical step from a Pathfinder would be a newer Pathfinder, new 4Runner, MDX or Highlander. I REALLY like the MDX, but that may be the Honda boy in me talking.

Cheers
Zam
*disclaimer-not flaming Nissan, just defending the Toyota.
Old 07-24-2001, 09:17 AM
Zam

Yep, you are definately someone that "uses" his toys.

The most my 4Runner has seen was the time that I pulled over to do a Yoowey(U turn) in the snow and damn near rolled the truck. I was probably at a good 40 degree angle(sideways). Well I cursed the truck, rocked her free, cursed her more, and did my Yoowey. If it was during daylight hours, I swear I woulda traded it in on something.
Imagine taking your wife's truck out to pick someone up from the airport, and coming back with a yellow S4. I've cursed that truck about as many times as my Compaq. Haha

Why oh why do I have to be the typical SUV owner? I am what you would call a "LOSER", a "JackA$$", someone who is too cool to drive a minivan. At least I drive a Hyundai which makes everyone think that I'm simple.

Zam
Old 07-24-2001, 11:49 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally posted by Mr. Nismo

That is one beautiful picture of the new Z!!!!!!!!!

thanks, i forgot where i got the pic
Old 07-24-2001, 12:02 PM
Kevlo for President

i would not get a mdx if u were ever to go offroad. i was watching car and driver and they said that the mdx is basicly the oddessy(spell?).
Old 07-24-2001, 02:01 PM

i would not get a mdx if u were ever to go offroad. i was watching car and driver and they said that the mdx is basicly the oddessy(spell?).
you better go out there and test drive an odyssey before you put any negative comments on it, that thing rulez go testdrive it and 2002 model comes with 235hp engine standard up from 210hp 99-01 models the 02 models shouldn't have any problem hanging with the new PF, when twisties comes the odyssey will say good bye to the PF, double wishbone IRS rocks
Old 07-24-2001, 09:35 PM
is invisible

How dare you!

Originally posted by Zam
Huh? I don't know whether or not to defend Toyota on this, but lemme give my 2cents.

Cheers
Zam
*disclaimer-not flaming Nissan, just defending the Toyota.
This is a Nissan forum and Nissans are the world's best automobiles!
Old 07-25-2001, 01:26 AM
Zam

CoolMax: I'm sorry, I almost forgot where I was. Let's not forget that I drive a Hyundai and am therefore "SIMPLE".

I dunno if costcow is for real, but I actually wanted that Oddysey pretty bad. All of Vegas only had 2 and I wasn't about to pay MSRP, so I somehow became an evil SUV owner. I still feel a little dumb when I see people driving those vans. So large, so purty, so appealing, yet so soccor mom. When I announced that I wanted the newest Minivan from Honda, my shop shunned me. No one would even go to lunch with me
It is so hard to be cool these days.

Zam
Old 07-25-2001, 04:32 AM
Zam

SWEET! I'm yet to see any SUV do a donut, let alone be a decent 1/4 mile runner. When I had my GSR, this lady instructor was telling me that her 2500 Burban could take me off the line. I was like "Yeah right, that thing must weighh 2.5 tons." Come to think of it, those things got at least 300 ft/lbs of torque. I may have gotten stomped.

The dealer did offer to install the TRD s/c in the Toyo, for under $3000(I think $2900). From what I've heard, the S/C is also covered under the factory warranty. I may have to look them guys up.

Zam
Old 07-25-2001, 05:25 AM
Zam

Don't get me thinking. That is her truck. I can't afford to mod 2 cars. *concentrate on good, not evil * CONCENTRATE D@MNIT*

What's funny is I think her Chevy was geared to tow her racing cars. I woulda gotten embarrased.

>)
Old 07-25-2001, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Zam
CoolMax: I'm sorry, I almost forgot where I was. Let's not forget that I drive a Hyundai and am therefore "SIMPLE".

I dunno if costcow is for real, but I actually wanted that Oddysey pretty bad. All of Vegas only had 2 and I wasn't about to pay MSRP, so I somehow became an evil SUV owner. I still feel a little dumb when I see people driving those vans. So large, so purty, so appealing, yet so soccor mom. When I announced that I wanted the newest Minivan from Honda, my shop shunned me. No one would even go to lunch with me
It is so hard to be cool these days.

Zam
I drive an 00 odyssey that can turn harder then my maxima with messed up goodyrs, I love it but no low end is stupid, wish it had more torque
Old 07-25-2001, 08:41 PM
Zam

Hey man, I'm just a simple military dood. Ya'll know that the government doesn't pay us. The Bushmeister did get us a 8% monthly payraise for 02 and is talking about another 5% in midyear(I know that he isn't fully responsible, but I'll give him a little credit).

I need more car nut friends to lead me to the darkside. My wife is like why why why. I'm in love with the S4. Since the A4 is getting redesigned for 02, does that mean the S4 is gone for awhile? I probably could get a decent deal on one. Mmmm, yellow S4. The dealer back home always has at least 2 S4s sitting out front. I was at the A4.org, and reading about how easy it is to simply swap ECUs for different missions. Is this true? Kinda like swapping out a modem or processor?

CostCow: I really do love that van. That's probably why I like the MDX so much. If you don't mind me asking, did you get Honda to give you a decent deal? I got 3% over on the 4Runner and knew that the Honda dealer wouldn't do the same.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:42 PM
is invisible

Originally posted by Zam

Zam
Just don't let it happen again...
Old 07-26-2001, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by Zam
Hey man, I'm just a simple military dood. Ya'll know that the government doesn't pay us. The Bushmeister did get us a 8% monthly payraise for 02 and is talking about another 5% in midyear(I know that he isn't fully responsible, but I'll give him a little credit).

I need more car nut friends to lead me to the darkside. My wife is like why why why. I'm in love with the S4. Since the A4 is getting redesigned for 02, does that mean the S4 is gone for awhile? I probably could get a decent deal on one. Mmmm, yellow S4. The dealer back home always has at least 2 S4s sitting out front. I was at the A4.org, and reading about how easy it is to simply swap ECUs for different missions. Is this true? Kinda like swapping out a modem or processor?

CostCow: I really do love that van. That's probably why I like the MDX so much. If you don't mind me asking, did you get Honda to give you a decent deal? I got 3% over on the 4Runner and knew that the Honda dealer wouldn't do the same.
offtopic its minivan talk so guys that hate vans or hon duhs can skip this or maybe I can convince empz to buy an odyssey since he lives in Canada too:

my parents got a good deal(compare to US honda dealership) + no waiting!! probably because its made in Canada and I'm in Canada it was around 800cdn over invoice, MSRP is $33500 cdn invoice is around 30000 I think don't really remember.
but when you compare buying a odyssey @ MSRP vs buying a caravan/sienna/montana with same options @ invoice the odyssey is still cheaper, if you think that van is cheap, next yr its coming wiht leahter seats, TV, 235hp, no pull to the right, no hard plastic/cheap looking plastic, and it might get 5 spd transmission... suppose to be really good