General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Carbon Fiber Dash over wood grain ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 06:05 PM

Im about to get a Stillen Carbon fiber dash kit, but im curious if i should put it over the wood grain in my GLE ? Should i just go get black pieces to replace the wood grain ?
Old 07-29-2001, 07:45 PM
Kal

Originally posted by cRedrum
Im about to get a Stillen Carbon fiber dash kit, but im curious if i should put it over the wood grain in my GLE ? Should i just go get black pieces to replace the wood grain ?
hey im in the same situation as u. i want 2 do something about my woodgrain but in my car like ur gle, the wood grain is built in from the factory and i dont think theres any way u can take it out. maybe im wrong. i hope i am cause i want 2 get rid of my wood grain. but i saw a carbon fiber kit in a gle over the wood grain. #1 the interior was tan so to me it didnt look all that good. and #2 u can see the wood grain underneath it, u can put it over and maybe color it black so its not as noticable. Hope this helps a little.
Old 07-29-2001, 11:56 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Hey . where were u at Maxus dude? What's up? i was lookin' for you pal.

oh well. i guess you can't really walk the walk and talk the talk.
Old 07-30-2001, 12:07 AM

He was there, I talked to him. BTW, you two are funny. Go back to AIMing each other and then meet again in LV.
Old 07-30-2001, 12:50 AM

Greg: Cheston, here's my dyno
Cheston: That's good for a 3rd gen
Greg: I have a 4th gen
Cheston: Sorry

ROFL!! thats hillarious
Old 07-30-2001, 07:39 AM

Re: .

actually I was there. I didnt drive my car down, but I was looking for you. I figured you would be easy to find, but there were tons of chinese dudes there that i thought could be you (japanese or whatever). I asked around about you. oh well. Does anyone know if the woodgrain dash pieces can be removed and replaced with black pieces ?
Old 07-30-2001, 12:27 PM

Re: Re: .

actually I was there. I didnt drive my car down, but I was looking for you. I figured you would be easy to find, but there were tons of chinese dudes there that i thought could be you (japanese or whatever). I asked around about you. oh well. Does anyone know if the woodgrain dash pieces can be removed and replaced with black pieces ?
why don't you find someone whom wants to get woodgrain.. and do a fair trade..

SY~
Old 07-31-2001, 08:03 AM

Re: Re: Re: .

Originally posted by SYCEFIRO

why don't you find someone whom wants to get woodgrain.. and do a fair trade..

SY~
Do you think it would work though, can I remove the wood pieces ?
Old 07-31-2001, 02:25 PM

Are you interested in trading the wood trim pieces? I have the black trim pieces that I want to switch to wood. That includes the radio trim, shifter trim, 4 window switch pieces, ashtray. If you are interested, please e-mail me at HMC8211@hotmail.com Thanks!

Also, it's not too difficult to take out the radio trim. The steps are similar to those of taking out the radio, but instead of taking out the deck, take out the screws that holds the trim with the "skeleton" at the back. The shifter trim and ashtray are also taken out prior to the removal of the radio panel and A/C control panel.

As for the window switches, I am not sure. You can either remove the door panel to gain access, or simply pry on it at the bottom with a towel-wrapped screwdriver. Hope it helps.

Do you think it would work though, can I remove the wood pieces ?
Old 07-31-2001, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by Hercules
Are you interested in trading the wood trim pieces? I have the black trim pieces that I want to switch to wood. That includes the radio trim, shifter trim, 4 window switch pieces, ashtray. If you are interested, please e-mail me at HMC8211@hotmail.com Thanks!

Also, it's not too difficult to take out the radio trim. The steps are similar to those of taking out the radio, but instead of taking out the deck, take out the screws that holds the trim with the "skeleton" at the back. The shifter trim and ashtray are also taken out prior to the removal of the radio panel and A/C control panel.

As for the window switches, I am not sure. You can either remove the door panel to gain access, or simply pry on it at the bottom with a towel-wrapped screwdriver. Hope it helps.

Hmm, but then how do i put the black pieces on ? Otherwise yes im interested.
Old 08-01-2001, 02:02 PM

Actually, both the black and "wood" trim pieces are the same in terms of shape, form, materials, etc., except that the "wood" trim has the wood pattern on it. So you can take out the "wood" trim pieces, and put the black pieces to where they belong in the car.