General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

scary encounter with old fool in mercedes- long

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 07:11 PM

i was coming home on the 55 north going to riverside and this red C-class mercedes comes up strong from the left fast lane and flys by me and then he slows down to about 80 later on and then i pass him. soon he speeds up again, trying to catch up, by then i know this old fool is trying to toy with me with his entry-level luxury car. so he keeps on trying to gain on be but im going at 90 and he can't pass me. well i have to switch to the 91 east now to get back to riverside, and this fool follows me too, and there is a big turn there he slows down because his soft squishy suspension can't handle it. i have fstb, rsb, rstb, and other sports suspension components so i can handle some twists and turns. well he is way behind on the turns, probably like quarter mile now, and soon i drop the speed down to about 78 and just cruise. for like 10 minutes he just keeps pacing about 30 -40 feet behind me, but now we goin through this curvy canyon road on the 91 and this old fool is probably thinking i'll show this young buck what my mercedes is made of, your maxima ain't SH-T. so he guns that motor and he slowly pulls up next to me, and how is the longest stretch of turn coming up. we are slowly accelerating up to 90 on the turn, im going easily when i see the red mercedes swerving and tires screeching rite next to me, about 2 inches away from my car. i hit the brake and the old guy swerves from his lane rite into mine, cutting me off and hitting a lil bit in front of my car. i got ****ed, well to make a long story short, i went back, and he scratched my front license plate holder. so my car is safe. the lesson here is jus cuz he thought his mercedes was all phat n pimp cuz its red doesn't mean he can handle my maxima. his lack of knowledge of his own car and its capabilities almost killed him and his wife, and if i was slow minded like him, coulda taken my life and my girls.

plus people in their 60's or 70's shouldn't race up to those speeds. they have slow reaction. its scary. peace.
Old 08-12-2001, 11:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I am sorry to hear that and glad you are okay. I just can't stand fools who do not know the performance of their car and try to race and there are other people on board! Especially some people in German cars got arrogant cuz they leased an expensive car. I know how you feel since we got to the deal with people like that especially in SoCal!

Did you 2 stopped and exchanged insurance?
Old 08-13-2001, 12:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

r u saying that my dad(65) is slow?
Glad u r OK!
Old 08-13-2001, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by sickmen
r u saying that my dad(65) is slow?
Glad u r OK!
Dude, I love your sig pics.
Old 08-13-2001, 01:34 AM

i should have

but there was not much damage, good thing. just scraped my license holder, don't want to go through the hassle. but i did scare the heck outta him , when i cut him off and slammed on the brakes and sped up again. heh, i know thats bad but he deserved it for messing with me. one should always know the capability of their car before attempting to take it to the limit. thanks for your caring responses. thanks , im glad nothing bad happened.