General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima breaking into the 12's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 01:45 AM

either way, the thought of a TT for the max is warming
Old 09-06-2001, 05:25 AM
Lyt97SC

Re: For those who were here a couple years back

Originally posted by CandiMan
When Turbo95Max was posting about his set-up and no one believed him. At that time he wasn't able to post pics as fast as you gugs wanted, so again no one believed him. Fast foward to the present, not only have you guys seen his set-up but we now have other members created/designing a turbo system. Even a few 3rd gen members are at it. Basically give him time, if all his numbers and mod info don't match up who are we to call him a liar

Come to think about it, we were on someone else BBS when Turbo95Max was telling about his set-up.
haha i remember that, ask Turbo himself, i was the only who knew that he wasnt BSing like all the other non-believers claimed. so to all of you that hated on Matt...up yours bioootch (jk).

Old 09-06-2001, 05:30 AM
RussMaxManiac

1.8 60fts are not unbelievable with LSD. He has the AE which does have LSD.

Originally posted by Dave B
I think it's all BS. He's quick to offer pictures of his car and what he's gonna put on, but he's shown no pictures of under the hood nor of the timeslips nor of him at the track. He's pulling 1.8 60 foots which is pretty unbelievable, even with slicks. His trap speeds are only 108mph and that's with his "17 psi". He syas his trap speeds are low because of the small diameter slicks. BS, with 17 psi he'd be well into 112mph range. 1.8 60s would destroy the differential too. He says he finally broke into the 12s a few days ago and he is removing his SC right now as we speak. He says his twin turbo setup will be in by the end of the week. Yeah...okay.

IMO, I think it's MY4DSC (or whatever his name is) playing a dirty trick......and a good one at that. There sure are a lot of gullable people out there

Dave

Old 09-06-2001, 08:38 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: For those who were here a couple years back

Originally posted by Lyt97SC

haha i remember that, ask Turbo himself, i was the only who knew that he wasnt BSing like all the other non-believers claimed. so to all of you that hated on Matt...up yours bioootch (jk).
OK, Lynn. How much is he paying you to lie for him because I'm not getting my fair share.
Old 09-06-2001, 03:46 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
1.8 60fts are not unbelievable with LSD. He has the AE which does have LSD.

LSD doesn't do much on a launch. LSD is more for taking hard turns and staying planted. Most Maximas don't suffer from "peg-leg" launching (ie LSD not really necessary). I've done a few high rpm launches and I get two nearly even black strips. Low 60 foots are more dependant on torque and tires. 1.8s are possible, but unless he launched at 5000rpms under full boost, I'm not buying it. Don's done 1.8 60', but he has NOS, high stall converter, and slicks. The stall converter will a lot more torque multiplication than any manual will off the line.

I think "forced" timeslip is his buddies Chevelle or something. That kind of et, trap speed, and 60' look very much like RWD musclecar that is stout on the low end, not a high hp fwd car. FWD cars typically having VERY high trap speeds in relation to their et. His is completely the opposite.

Dave
Old 09-06-2001, 04:00 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i offered to witness
Old 09-07-2001, 06:38 AM
Lyt97SC

Re: Re: Re: For those who were here a couple years back

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

OK, Lynn. How much is he paying you to lie for him because I'm not getting my fair share.
oh what might you be talking about? (uh matt. i think hes catching on. do something quick)

Old 09-07-2001, 09:57 AM

Maybe this guy is 4 real, he posted that he has the wiring diagrams and instructions on how to modify the MSD stacker to work w/5th gens. But will only give them out via email.......looks like he is still pissed.

He also posted the link to a cool ODBII data logger in a new thread which looks cool, might just be useful since i've almost convinced my wife to let me enter the world of NOS.......