General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ran with friend's VR4...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 01:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got a chance to play a little with my friend's '93 3000GT VR4 today. We were heading toward a place for lunch. We were leaving from school and drove down the long stretch of road where everyone that went to this school needed to take. Anyway, it wasn't much of a race, it was pretty short too. As I was driving next to him, I slowed down to get him to race, we were both going around 20mph. Well, he punched it before I did, so he got a jump on me. I never catched back up, at around 50mph, he already had 1 car length on me. We had to slow down because of traffic, if not, he would have even more car lengths on me. Having an automatic didn't help. I need my VB! There was a newer Mustang GT that was in front of my friend who he almost hit. My friend said the Mustang GT guy reved at him, but didn't race; maybe because the lack of room(traffic). I think he would have kill that GT anyway. I been in his car before and he killed a number of GTs already. To sum it up, I have this to say: I NEED MY SUPERCHARGER! Oh well, at least I could carry more people in my car. Plus, my car looks better because his car looks like crap now, only thing that he has going for him is that it's FAST!
Old 09-06-2001, 01:38 PM
Kevlo for President

coo...
Old 09-06-2001, 02:24 PM

Bring that **** to me mang!!! Say herro to my little friend!!!

Get the VB yet?
Old 09-06-2001, 03:07 PM

Some guy with a Dodge Stealth kept egging me on to race him today for some reason. As luck would have it we kept both hitting the red lights together and he kept revving on me and flooring it at every green light. He had the ES model.. Coudn't race him cuz too much traffic and I was with my wife.

What are the stat's on the Stealth ES? Anyone know?
Old 09-07-2001, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Bring that **** to me mang!!! Say herro to my little friend!!!

Get the VB yet?

Just got the VB! Are you free tomorrow? It might rain tomorrow, so your place would be a better place to do the VB because you got a garage with shelter.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:49 AM

92Zex: I don't know the spec of the Stealth ES, I wonder is that similiar to a 3000GT SL? Anyway, next time if you're not with your wife, go hunt that sucker down and give him a taste of the "special" sauce.

On the subject of my friend with the VR4, I somehow don't think he has much respect for a Maxima. Even though he never said it to my face, everytime I talked to him about racing, I sense that he's quite cocky. I mean, a NA auto Maxima vs. a VR4 isn't exactly a fair matchup, right? I told him wait for me to get my supercharger install, then we'll race again and I think I should able to take him. His thinking was that even with a supercharger, the best I could do is "hang" with him. I don't know about that, we will see.

Matt, you want to setup a race between you and my friend? Even though he's my friend, I would be very happy if you can KICK HIS ***! Some people need to get a reality check, there are always faster cars out there.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I never catched back up,
Catched?

I used to work with a guy who actually said this to me, no joke: "I goed to the store last night with my old lady."
Old 09-07-2001, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Maxwell

Catched?

I used to work with a guy who actually said this to me, no joke: "I goed to the store last night with my old lady."
Thank you for the pointer Professor.
Old 09-07-2001, 10:47 AM

Thank you for the pointer Professor.
Anytime, Sweetheart. There's lots more where that came from.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:39 AM

I got a chance to play a little with my friend's '93 3000GT VR4 today. We were heading toward a place for lunch. We were leaving from school and drove down the long stretch of road where everyone that went to this school needed to take. Anyway, it wasn't much of a race, it was pretty short too. As I was driving next to him, I slowed down to get him to race, we were both going around 20mph. Well, he punched it before I did, so he got a jump on me. I never catched back up, at around 50mph, he already had 1 car length on me. We had to slow down because of traffic, if not, he would have even more car lengths on me. Having an automatic didn't help. I need my VB! There was a newer Mustang GT that was in front of my friend who he almost hit. My friend said the Mustang GT guy reved at him, but didn't race; maybe because the lack of room(traffic). I think he would have kill that GT anyway. I been in his car before and he killed a number of GTs already. To sum it up, I have this to say: I NEED MY SUPERCHARGER! Oh well, at least I could carry more people in my car. Plus, my car looks better because his car looks like crap now, only thing that he has going for him is that it's FAST!
My friend has a VR4 and I have an auto 4th gen. If you went 20-50, he would have had a lot more than ONE car length on you unless he really can't drive.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by SithMax

My friend has a VR4 and I have an auto 4th gen. If you went 20-50, he would have had a lot more than ONE car length on you unless he really can't drive.

Well, like I said, we did have a bit of traffic. Plus, I know he didn't really push it. However, with his car much powerful than mine, don't you think he should have let me punch it first? Even though it might not make any difference, his car is much more powerful than mine, so shouldn't be a big deal to let me go first, right? Yes, I do have an auto 4th gen, but I do have some mods. So, at the very least, I won't lose to him by like 10 car lengths.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:02 PM

Well, like I said, we did have a bit of traffic. Plus, I know he didn't really push it. However, with his car much powerful than mine, don't you think he should have let me punch it first? Even though it might not make any difference, his car is much more powerful than mine, so shouldn't be a big deal to let me go first, right? Yes, I do have an auto 4th gen, but I do have some mods. So, at the very least, I won't lose to him by like 10 car lengths.
No, I don't think he should give you a head start, since no matter what it's not a real race and you didn't have the slightest chance to begin with. I race around with his car all the time and I know how badly it'll cream us. My car is a modded auto too. 20-50 you're looking at like 5 car lengths.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:22 PM

DAM!!!

Can we do it Monday night, I've got some plans this weekend with the wifey. I'll check to see if I can get some free time this weekend, but I doubt it.

Just got the VB! Are you free tomorrow? It might rain tomorrow, so your place would be a better place to do the VB because you got a garage with shelter.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
DAM!!!

Can we do it Monday night, I've got some plans this weekend with the wifey. I'll check to see if I can get some free time this weekend, but I doubt it.

Sunday after the Saints kick Buffalos ars, we can do it. Come over as early as you can because we will have to let the car cool down for an hour or so before we start. Call me.