General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NEED HELP figuring out mod config/order/costs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 10:31 PM

NEED HELP figuring out mod config/order/costs!

Hey Guys!

I just got my Max last Wednesday! 1998 SE SuperBlack, 54k, automatic, almost fully loaded (missing only leather and climate control). I'm working out the list of modifications I want to make to the car and their progression right now, and I need some help. My primary concerns for now are handling and looks, mostly handling. I'm satisfied with the speed for now, so, with that in mind, here is what I'm thinking in terms of the handling/looks mods and their order:[list=1][*]Ground Control Coilovers[*]Front Strut Bar[*]Rear Sway Bar[*]Rear Strut Bar[*]Wheel Spacers[*]Wheels/Tires (at least 18"x8" -- I like the wheels found on the BMW 528i w/ Sport Package to give you an idea of my tastes)[*]New Headlight/Cornering Light/Fog Light Bulbs (HID look-a-like preferred)[*]Stillen Underbody Kit[*]LeatherSeats.com Leather Kit[*]Mirror Tint (any good places in the Athens/Atlanta area?)[/list=1]Misc mods to occur concurrently with the above list, but not necessarily in any particular order:
  • Rewired Lighting (Fogs, etc.)
  • Cleared Rear Lights
  • Clear Front Corners
  • Shaved Nissan Emblem
  • Levoc shift ****
  • Aluminum Pedals?
Now, here's where I need your help. I don't know what the best/cheapest products for each modification are and/or where to get those products. I also don't have any idea what all this stuff is going to cost. If you could give me your recommendations for each modification based on cost and performance and/or where to find a given product for a modification, or point me to a site or webpage with the relevant info (I remember there being a modifications page with products/prices on www.MaximaDriver.com, but I can't find it anymore), that would be awesome!

Also, if there are any mods you could suggest that I may have left out, let me know! And remember, performance is DEFINTELY going to come later -- I just want to improve looks for now.

Thanks in advance!

-- Micah
Old 10-07-2001, 11:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: NEED HELP figuring out mod config/order/costs!

For all this info you can do a search or look at the the FAQ-U on maxima.org. I am really bord right now so I will list some of the company's that make the parts you want.

Ground Control Coilovers= cattman and one otehr brand{I can't remeber}[*]Front Strut Bar, Stillen, Cattman, Courtesay nissan, streat beat, freedom design, probably more.[*]Rear Sway Bar, Addco & Stillen[*]Rear Strut Bar, Stillen, this mod is said to not really do anything.[*]Wheel Spacers, not sure[*]Wheels/Tires, check out the 4sale section here, tirewrack,com or ebay.

*]New Headlight, www.maximadriver is releasing one peace crystal clear headlights soon.
/Cornering Light, Piaa, polarg, panosonic

/Fog Light Bulbs (HID look-a-like preferred)[*]Stillen Underbody Kit, Custommaxima.com sells under body neon kits cheap, Piaa makes great bulbs.
[*]LeatherSeats.com Leather Kit, good idea or check out www.car-part.com for seats from a junk yard.[*]Mirror Tint (any good places in the Athens/Atlanta area?, No clue?

Rewired Lighting (Fogs, etc.) Directions @ maximadriver.com[*]Cleared Rear Lights, do it your self, for directions go to maximadriver.com , or you can buy them at cusommaxima.com[*]Clear Front Corners, ebay, or maximadriver.com[*]Shaved Nissan Emblem, fidhing line, hair drier and WD-40[*]Levoc shift ****, Don't know[*]Aluminum Pedals? Same

Other good sites worth mentioning are,
eatricezone.com , avolon racing , cattmanperformance.com and stillen.com.
Old 10-08-2001, 06:47 AM

Thanks for the info/help emax! Now, for an update. I just purchased the following:
  • Eibach Springs (instead of Ground Control Coilovers) - TireRack.com
  • FSTB - Courtesy Nissan
  • Clear Corners - Courtesy Nissan
So, that takes care of the basic handling mods except the rear sway and strut bars. Those (and all the other mods) will have to wait until I've got a bit more cash, though.

In the meantime, what about some simple performance mods? For example, transmission fluid, oil, SS brake lines, etc. Any recommendations as far as that stuff is concerned?

Thanks!

-- Micah
Old 10-08-2001, 07:47 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: NEED HELP figuring out mod config/order/costs!

Originally posted by emax95
For all this info you can do a search or look at the the FAQ-U on maxima.org. I am really bord right now so I will list some of the company's that make the parts you want.

Ground Control Coilovers= cattman and one otehr brand{I can't remeber}[*]Front Strut Bar, Stillen, Cattman, Courtesay nissan, streat beat, freedom design, probably more.[*]Rear Sway Bar, Addco & Stillen[*]Rear Strut Bar, Stillen, this mod is said to not really do anything.[*]Wheel Spacers, not sure[*]Wheels/Tires, check out the 4sale section here, tirewrack,com or ebay.

*]New Headlight, www.maximadriver is releasing one peace crystal clear headlights soon.
/Cornering Light, Piaa, polarg, panosonic

/Fog Light Bulbs (HID look-a-like preferred)[*]Stillen Underbody Kit, Custommaxima.com sells under body neon kits cheap, Piaa makes great bulbs.
[*]LeatherSeats.com Leather Kit, good idea or check out www.car-part.com for seats from a junk yard.[*]Mirror Tint (any good places in the Athens/Atlanta area?, No clue?

Rewired Lighting (Fogs, etc.) Directions @ maximadriver.com[*]Cleared Rear Lights, do it your self, for directions go to maximadriver.com , or you can buy them at cusommaxima.com[*]Clear Front Corners, ebay, or maximadriver.com[*]Shaved Nissan Emblem, fidhing line, hair drier and WD-40[*]Levoc shift ****, Don't know[*]Aluminum Pedals? Same

Other good sites worth mentioning are,
eatricezone.com , avolon racing , cattmanperformance.com and stillen.com.
ethan.. i just got off the phone will my friend daniel(bluefish) better watch out!