General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ECU upgrade.. let's stop talking and do something !! long

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 10:31 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

ECU upgrade.. let's stop talking and do something !! long

there has been lot's of talk about this. well let's stop talking. i have a 1997 se auto max. i want SOMEONE to hack my ECU. i want to adjust shift points... redline....timing... and all of the wonderful things that the MAGIC box controls. i have a nissan service manual and i am pretty good at wiring diagrams and skizo's.( schematics) i understand relays, resistors, and diodes. i am not a very smart man. myself and NISMO2020 and SPRAYIN70 did a little ecu work today and it was not that hard. i can look in my wiring diagram and see where the TCU ( tranny control unit) IS AND I CAN SEE WHERE THE 1 & 0'S OF computer talk is. so why can't companies do something about this. STILLIN i am calling you out. why don't you have one? CATTMAN i am calling you out. you have a TCU for a 96... why not a 97 0r 99? import shops in atlanta where i live look at me like a just asked them to kill their parents when i ask them if they can get into my ecu. maybe i am greedy, maybe i am selfish , so what. i am not gonna say what honda/acura/NEON, etc has , i do not care. I DO not have one. so STILLEN/CATTMAN fire up the sweat shop and work it out. sorry about the rant, i am just tired of having to sit aorund with other max owners and try and slove the what mod can i do next, other than a supercharger mod. again sorry for the long post but this is how i feel.

flame me if you want , but don't post garbage, get your own thread. i want to see if stillen or cattman want to address this. maybe they have, if so, then address me. tell me what your doing or not gonna do

bags
Old 10-08-2001, 10:49 PM

thats what Im talkin about. and while your at it, lets get some ecu's done for 98's!!! I30's need love too!
Old 10-08-2001, 11:30 PM

Sweet bags, rant on.
Old 10-09-2001, 02:32 AM

I totally agree...
Old 10-09-2001, 04:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok - I've explained this too many times already in other threads. If you guys REALLY want the things you say you want - it can be done. Why not spend the money, get it done and tell everyone the results?

GET THE UNICHIP/PROGRAM FROM RACERSGROUP.COM http://www.racersgroup.com/theprogram_unichip.html

THEY'LL TELL YOU IF THEY HAVE ANY TUNERS NEAR YOU
http://www.racersgroup.com/dealerlisting.html

TAKE YOUR CAR AND THE UNICHIP TO THE TUNER

THE TUNER CAN ADJUST TIMING,SHIFTPOINTS,FUELCUT, ETC.

PROVIDE THE ORG WITH THE RESULTS - RATHER THAN SOME SEAT OF THE PANTS B.S.
Old 10-09-2001, 07:03 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

ok why are you yelling?

did you type in all caps to yell or for no reason? what if i have not seen your uni-chip post before? i have not and i spend way to much time here. the reason i made this post was to gain info. i just called OPM Motor Sports in cumming GA and DFE Motor sports(which is now Random Tech.) in loganville ga and they both said that they did not have any applications for a nissan maxima. maybe where you are they do, but the shops where i live do not. so i won't say much , but i will say this, if you know of an application for a maxima, why not do it yourself and tell everyone else about it? i am not trying to start some dumb thing between you and i. i am honestly trying to see what is availible. again if you know info about a company that has one for a maxima, please give it to me so i can try and work this out. thank you for your info and maybe people like you and i can work together and slove this unknown issue.

bags
Old 10-09-2001, 07:11 AM

Re: ok why are you yelling?

Originally posted by bags533
did you type in all caps to yell or for no reason? what if i have not seen your uni-chip post before? i have not and i spend way to much time here. the reason i made this post was to gain info. i just called OPM Motor Sports in cumming GA and DFE Motor sports(which is now Random Tech.) in loganville ga and they both said that they did not have any applications for a nissan maxima. maybe where you are they do, but the shops where i live do not. so i won't say much , but i will say this, if you know of an application for a maxima, why not do it yourself and tell everyone else about it? i am not trying to start some dumb thing between you and i. i am honestly trying to see what is availible. again if you know info about a company that has one for a maxima, please give it to me so i can try and work this out. thank you for your info and maybe people like you and i can work together and slove this unknown issue.

bags
I typed in caps just to divide up the steps - not yelling.

I decided not to do it mainly because there wasn't one of their tuners near me, because I haven't finished modding my car and only want to do it once, and because I'm not willing right now to spend the $$$. I'm pretty sure I know of someone who can do the tuning for me once I'm ready to do it (and, of course, to spend the money).
Old 10-09-2001, 07:27 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Re: ok why are you yelling?

Originally posted by Max_Gator

I typed in caps just to divide up the steps - not yelling.

I decided not to do it mainly because there wasn't one of their tuners near me, because I haven't finished modding my car and only want to do it once, and because I'm not willing right now to spend the $$$. I'm pretty sure I know of someone who can do the tuning for me once I'm ready to do it (and, of course, to spend the money).
i am gonna assume you are in fl??? from your name. you reference someone who can do the tuning, seriously? i am not calling you a liar, the 3 shops i have been to here in atlanta look at me like i asked the to break into fort knox. if you do know of someone/shop are they national? is the a chance for a shop in atlanta? will they take my ECU by mail? again, i am looking do this. thank you
Old 10-09-2001, 07:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: ok why are you yelling?

i am gonna assume you are in fl??? from your name. you reference someone who can do the tuning, seriously? i am not calling you a liar, the 3 shops i have been to here in atlanta look at me like i asked the to break into fort knox. if you do know of someone/shop are they national? is the a chance for a shop in atlanta? will they take my ECU by mail? again, i am looking do this. thank you
I'd call Racer's Group. What they told me when I contacted them previously was that the unichip would work fine on a Maxima - works on all OBDII. They said that one of the tuners they are associated with would have to have the car and do the actual tuning using the the dyno. That means the tuner has to figure out what is optimal for your vehicle - i.e. how much fuel, at what points, etc and program the unichip with those parameters. In other words, manually remap. That is the expensive part.

yeah, I'm in Fla.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:11 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

i see

Originally posted by Max_Gator

I'd call Racer's Group. What they told me when I contacted them previously was that the unichip would work fine on a Maxima - works on all OBDII. They said that one of the tuners they are associated with would have to have the car and do the actual tuning using the the dyno. That means the tuner has to figure out what is optimal for your vehicle - i.e. how much fuel, at what points, etc and program the unichip with those parameters. In other words, manually remap. That is the expensive part.

yeah, I'm in Fla.
ok , i understnad much better now. wow , that is the first shop/person saying they can get into it. the uni-chip site only showed 2 shops in ga. i will call around and see if anybody can tell me something new.i have not dyno tuned my car yet, no reason to, but i am looking forward to that point. thanks for all the info.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:36 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

cattman...stillen ??? are you there???

I see i have not gotten a response from aeither of the big 2 aftermarket compaines. Oh well , i did not address it to them so it's my fault. Anyway , anybody else got any info? I have read sprintmaxs ecu thread before i wrote mine so do not point me to his please.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:37 AM

Re: i see

ok , i understnad much better now. wow , that is the first shop/person saying they can get into it. the uni-chip site only showed 2 shops in ga. i will call around and see if anybody can tell me something new.i have not dyno tuned my car yet, no reason to, but i am looking forward to that point. thanks for all the info.
I'd give racer's group a call and ask them. I'm kinda surprised that the shops on their site said they don't have any maxima specific apps. Maybe call them again and ask specifically about them tuning the unichip for your car. Good luck!.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:35 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

bags you do the dirty work

you do the dirty work and ill help you. i am all about the ecu though. if you need any help let me know. did you order those rotors today? im jealous
Old 10-09-2001, 10:36 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

bags you do the dirty work

you do the dirty work and ill help you. i am all about the ecu upgrade. i need all the help i can get to stay with alan. if you need any help let me know.