General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The PROGram is done.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2000, 09:11 AM

The PROgram project is now complete. It produce 17 hp/tq throughout the RPM range but I always went faster in the quarter mile(ET and MPH) with the stock ECU. I was willing to work with my local tuner (Street Stuff) to figure out why but they wanted a few hundred more $$$$$. I said ship it back to the racers group I'm done. We will see how great the racers group is with their satisfaction money back guarantee.

Well I'm in the market for a new fuel controller. I was leaning toward the Apexi SAFC until I heard about the Fields SFC Hyper R. http://www.field-net.co.jp/english/
Has anybody used the fields fuel controller SFC HYPER-R?
It has some cool recording data features that the SAFC doesn't. I know Andi has used both and likes the Fields better.

Old 11-02-2000, 09:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

APEXi customer service SUCKS

So I would recomend that you stay away from them. I got a defective SAFC off group buy center, they wouldnt let me exchange it with them directly. The dealer was a pain in the *** also. It took 4 months to get my $299 back. So beware of APEXi.

The Fields Hyper SFC, IMHO dosent look as nice, but is seems to have good features. PLUS its cheaper!!! $199 look here...

http://www.visracing.com/specials/specials.html

Old 11-02-2000, 11:17 AM

Thanks, 199.99 price is great!!!

Originally posted by SteveChicagoSC
The PROgram project is now complete. It produce 17 hp/tq throughout the RPM range but I always went faster in the quarter mile(ET and MPH) with the stock ECU. I was willing to work with my local tuner (Street Stuff) to figure out why but they wanted a few hundred more $$$$$. I said ship it back to the racers group I'm done. We will see how great the racers group is with their satisfaction money back guarantee.

Well I'm in the market for a new fuel controller. I was leaning toward the Apexi SAFC until I heard about the Fields SFC Hyper R. http://www.field-net.co.jp/english/
It has some cool recording data features that the SAFC doesn't. I know Andi has used both and likes the Fields better.

Old 11-02-2000, 10:00 PM

Wait a minute how do you gain 17hp/lb-ft and not get a quicker ET? Was it less traction, bad shifting or driver error? Usually when we gain power like that the ET drops about 1-4 tenths and adds about 1-2mph trapspeed. Since your traps are around 100mph you should be turning close to 5100rpm at the finish line. You might want to try some smaller diameter slicks for shorter gearing and bite off the line.
Old 11-02-2000, 11:56 PM
OG :)

yikes "vaporsmx" had this mod and sc. kept losing to the_new_climax's old n/a max. i say use that stock ecu doing racing season on them f-bodies.
Old 11-03-2000, 05:03 AM

lack of ET/MPH

Originally posted by Nismo87SE

Wait a minute how do you gain 17hp/lb-ft and not get a quicker ET? Was it less traction, bad shifting or driver error? Usually when we gain power like that the ET drops about 1-4 tenths and adds about 1-2mph trapspeed. Since your traps are around 100mph you should be turning close to 5100rpm at the finish line. You might want to try some smaller diameter slicks for shorter gearing and bite off the line.
I wish I new why. I've got at least 20 runs with and without for comparison. Apparently the dyno is one thing and the track is the real thing. It's possible under load the car reacts different than on the dyno. If the dynojet dyno that the testing was done on had the 'load' option things might have been different.
Old 11-03-2000, 05:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Kenneth
yikes "vaporsmx" had this mod and sc. kept losing to the_new_climax's old n/a max. i say use that stock ecu doing racing season on them f-bodies.
Climax's Max had gas, thats why! hehehe It wasn't N/A.
Old 11-03-2000, 09:53 AM

I guess this proves there is a very real difference between 'tested power' and 'useable power'. If you find out what happened, please let us know.