General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What tint to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 07:53 AM
Very sound, Mike

What tint to get?

Hi All, i'm in the market for tints and found out i can put limo tint in the rear windows and 35% on the front (except windshield) legally.

What would you people suggest? I've always liked the mirror type (not the very shiny one tho) because it looks classy but i like the dark tints because i prefer the privacy and to me looks cool.

I have a Majestic Blue SE btw. I haven't seen similar colored cars with tints so i don't know how it would look with one.

I used to own a black car + semi-dark black tint and it looked awesome.

Any suggestions, tips are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Mike
Old 10-24-2001, 09:28 AM

Re: What tint to get?

Originally posted by soundmike
Hi All, i'm in the market for tints and found out i can put limo tint in the rear windows and 35% on the front (except windshield) legally.

What would you people suggest? I've always liked the mirror type (not the very shiny one tho) because it looks classy but i like the dark tints because i prefer the privacy and to me looks cool.

I have a Majestic Blue SE btw. I haven't seen similar colored cars with tints so i don't know how it would look with one.

Thanks.

- Mike
If it was me, 5% all around. Although, what I regret the most is not getting 2.5% all around. If its already gonna be illegal, might as well make it REAL illegal.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: What tint to get?

Good Lord! The idiocy of this statement amazes me!

Yes, and next time, when someone cuts you off, instead of just cursing at him, follow him home and shoot him in the head!

Originally posted by TintDaMax
If its already gonna be illegal, might as well make it REAL illegal.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:36 AM

Re: What tint to get?

Go to http://www.tintdude.com or your local police station and ask about what the legal limit is.

35% is a good trade-off between legality and looks.

Thanks.

- Mike
Old 10-24-2001, 09:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

Originally posted by clee130
Good Lord! The idiocy of this statement amazes me!

Yes, and next time, when someone cuts you off, instead of just cursing at him, follow him home and shoot him in the head!

What the hell? Why does everyone hate on me? I know its not cause ive said something stupid, because I havent. It doesnt make sense to you? If your tint is already illegal, why not make it as dark as possible? I dont see how that relates to shooting anyone. Maybe in your sick mind it does, but not mine
Old 10-24-2001, 09:50 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

Ding ding ding... you've made my list. Congrats, now your posts will receive "special" attention.

"If it's illegal, make it more illegal." Why would you want to make something "more illegal"? Do you like paying bigger fines? Maybe you like getting stopped by cops?

You said something extremely stupid. Who in their right mind would want to do something that's even more illegal than it already is?

What the hell? Why does everyone hate on me? I know its not cause ive said something stupid, because I havent. It doesnt make sense to you? If your tint is already illegal, why not make it as dark as possible? I dont see how that relates to shooting anyone. Maybe in your sick mind it does, but not mine
Old 10-24-2001, 09:59 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

Ding ding ding... you've made my list. Congrats, now your posts will receive "special" attention.

hey you can't say that...thats "you know whos" line....I see his "evilness" runs through your veins too
Old 10-24-2001, 10:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

"If it's illegal, make it more illegal." Why would you want to make something "more illegal"? Do you like paying bigger fines? Maybe you like getting stopped by cops?

You said something extremely stupid. Who in their right mind would want to do something that's even more illegal than it already is?

Dood, 2.5% tint is the same fine as 5%. Youre going to get stopped by cops the same amount with either tint. That doesnt make sense to you? If thats true then maybe you should stop flaming cause you dont know what youre talking about.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

Where in my original statement do you see me say anything about tints? I was pointing out that making something more illegal than it already is a moronic thing to say.

That's like saying, "Instead of going 75 mph on a 55 mph highway, go 105! You're already going fast, so why not go faster?"

See my point?

And you want me to stop flaming? Then stop saying stupid stuff.

Dood, 2.5% tint is the same fine as 5%. Youre going to get stopped by cops the same amount with either tint. That doesnt make sense to you? If thats true then maybe you should stop flaming cause you dont know what youre talking about.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:17 AM
Very sound, Mike

gee, didn't think this would turn out to be a mini-flame war. <g>

anyhow, clee, thanks for the link.

I already know which % to use. Just wanted to know (or if you have a pic, see) what type of tint would look good on my car. Either the mirror-type or the black-smoke-looking type.

again, tips/suggestions/comments are always welcome and appreciated.

thanks

- Mike
Old 10-24-2001, 10:28 AM

Since you have a blue car, I would suggest the regualr-black-smoke type tint. Mirror-type tint doesn't look good on a darker colored car. It looks better on something like a grey or white car.

But, hey, these are all just my opinions. I have a beige car so I have a light (35%) bronze tint.

anyhow, clee, thanks for the link.

I already know which % to use. Just wanted to know (or if you have a pic, see) what type of tint would look good on my car. Either the mirror-type or the black-smoke-looking type.

again, tips/suggestions/comments are always welcome and appreciated.

thanks

- Mike
Old 10-24-2001, 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

All moderators are evil, didn't you know that? Well, except for Kev. He's more like a goofy evil sidekick.

Originally posted by DA-MAX
hey you can't say that...thats "you know whos" line....I see his "evilness" runs through your veins too
Old 10-24-2001, 10:38 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

All moderators are evil, didn't you know that? Well, except for Kev. He's more like a goofy evil sidekick.
Bill and Kev??? --->
Old 10-24-2001, 10:51 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

Where in my original statement do you see me say anything about tints? I was pointing out that making something more illegal than it already is a moronic thing to say.

That's like saying, "Instead of going 75 mph on a 55 mph highway, go 105! You're already going fast, so why not go faster?"

See my point?

And you want me to stop flaming? Then stop saying stupid stuff.

Your point would make sense, if we werent TALKING ABOUT TINT!
Old 10-24-2001, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

My point makes sense whether we are talking about tint or not.

Your point would make sense, if we werent TALKING ABOUT TINT!
Old 10-24-2001, 11:32 AM

Can't we all just get along?
Old 10-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Very sound, Mike

clee, thanks for the suggestion. i've played around with a pic of the max and noticed black does look better... however i did it with the front windshield tinted - which is a no-no here in TX

oh well. at least i have a lead. thanks all!
Old 10-24-2001, 11:48 AM

Hton?

soundmike--

do you happen to live in the houston area, if you do, David McDavid Nissan off I45S around the almeda genoa exit has a blue demo car (2k2 max) with great looking metallic based tint--i'm pretty sure it's the same blue you're talking about, anyways, here's there number just in case, 713-941-0600 ask for Vanessa--
Old 10-24-2001, 12:01 PM
Very sound, Mike

mattatax, yep h-town here

will give her a call. thanks for the tip!

- mike
Old 10-24-2001, 04:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

My point makes sense whether we are talking about tint or not.

Dood, I really hate having to bust out the knowledge, but here it comes. We have to look at this logically. Your argument is completely fallacious. You take my point about tinting, and you attribute my point to something that is totally unrelated(speeding). This is clearly a Weak Analogy Fallacy. Of course, it is up to interpretaion, therefore it could have a different fallacy, however, the fact remains that your argument is fallacious. We could say that your argument uses the Red Herring Fallacy, which means you take my point, alter it slightly, and then attempt to argue against the modified point which you created. Either way, it is clear that you are not using valid premises in supporting your arguments. In lay mans terms, YOU ARE WRONG
Old 10-24-2001, 04:07 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What tint to get?

Dood, I really hate having to bust out the knowledge, but here it comes. We have to look at this logically. Your argument is completely fallacious. You take my point about tinting, and you attribute my point to something that is totally unrelated(speeding). This is clearly a Weak Analogy Fallacy. Of course, it is up to interpretaion, therefore it could have a different fallacy, however, the fact remains that your argument is fallacious. We could say that your argument uses the Red Herring Fallacy, which means you take my point, alter it slightly, and then attempt to argue against the modified point which you created. Either way, it is clear that you are not using valid premises in supporting your arguments. In lay mans terms, YOU ARE WRONG
whoooooah.....I don't know WTF he just said, but damn
Old 10-24-2001, 04:21 PM
Ford Only.

Well I havent read the all the replys, but this is my opinion on what kind of tint to get. LIMO!
Old 10-24-2001, 04:47 PM

[get ready for the first appearance of evil clee]

Did you get your daddy to write this for you? Or did you copy it out of a textbook.

Ok, let's see... your quote: If its already gonna be illegal, might as well make it REAL illegal.

I say this is stupid. I never said tinting was stupid. In fact, if you had just said, "Tint it at 2.5%. I got mine at 5% and I still don't think it's dark enough." That would have been fine. In fact, go search other tint posts, there have been people that suggest tinting car to 15% or even darker and yet, I didn't say anything about it. Why? Because they didn't say, "Do something illegal and then do it some more!"

Now, let's see where I'm right. I'm right about you quote being stupid.

The speed limit on the highway is 55. (If it's already gonna be illegal...) You drive at a speed of 75 mph. 75 mph is illegal. (...might as well make it REAL illegal.) So why not drive at 105 mph instead?

Is that a good enough analogy for you?

Let's recap: If its already gonna be illegal, might as well make it REAL illegal. -> moronic statement.

Get my point, junior?

[/end first appearence of evil clee]

Old 10-24-2001, 04:56 PM

*Ding Ding* Clee has ended the first round with a KnockOut! The count begins...... 10..... 9..... 8..... 7.....
Old 10-24-2001, 05:34 PM

[get ready for the first appearance of evil clee]

Did you get your daddy to write this for you? Or did you copy it out of a textbook.

Ok, let's see... your quote: If its already gonna be illegal, might as well make it REAL illegal.

I say this is stupid. I never said tinting was stupid. In fact, if you had just said, "Tint it at 2.5%. I got mine at 5% and I still don't think it's dark enough." That would have been fine. In fact, go search other tint posts, there have been people that suggest tinting car to 15% or even darker and yet, I didn't say anything about it. Why? Because they didn't say, "Do something illegal and then do it some more!"

Now, let's see where I'm right. I'm right about you quote being stupid.

The speed limit on the highway is 55. (If it's already gonna be illegal...) You drive at a speed of 75 mph. 75 mph is illegal. (...might as well make it REAL illegal.) So why not drive at 105 mph instead?

Is that a good enough analogy for you?

Let's recap: If its already gonna be illegal, might as well make it REAL illegal. -> moronic statement.

Get my point, junior?

[/end first appearence of evil clee]

Wow, its pretty embarrasing that junior just put the smack down on you, I would be angry too. Lets see, we are in a post talking about tint, I am talking about tint, and you are talking abou tint, why then do you think im making a general statement about anything but tint? I would hate to have to bring myself down to your level and resort to insulting your intelligence to win my argument, so I wont. If you think making fun of me will make you more right then go on ahead. That doesnt change the fact that we were talking about tint and you changed the subject to something general. So there, Tintdamax was never knocked down, he just used his intelligence to win the damn argument.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:39 PM

Wow, its pretty embarrasing that junior just put the smack down on you, I would be angry too. Lets see, we are in a post talking about tint, I am talking about tint, and you are talking abou tint, why then do you think im making a general statement about anything but tint? I would hate to have to bring myself down to your level and resort to insulting your intelligence to win my argument, so I wont. If you think making fun of me will make you more right then go on ahead. That doesnt change the fact that we were talking about tint and you changed the subject to something general. So there, Tintdamax was never knocked down, he just used his intelligence to win the damn argument.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:47 PM

Is there a problem?
Old 10-24-2001, 06:08 PM

Is there a problem?
Yeah, the problem, it seems, is that TintDaMax was knocked down. Knocked down so hard that he got up and then knocked himself back down.

Wow, its pretty embarrasing that junior just put the smack down on you, I would be angry too.
Who's angry? Who's embarrased? I didn't see anyone putting the "smackdown" on me.

Lets see, we are in a post talking about tint, I am talking about tint, and you are talking abou tint, why then do you think im making a general statement about anything but tint?
Because you seem to have a problem with authority. "**** the police." "Police are *******s!" Sound familiar? And why can't I take your quote as being a general comment. You never said, "Your tint is already illegal, it probably won't hurt to make it even darker." It was a stupid comment to make, general or otherwise.

I would hate to have to bring myself down to your level and resort to insulting your intelligence to win my argument, so I wont. If you think making fun of me will make you more right then go on ahead.
Bring yourself down to my level of intelligence? More like you have to get more intelligence in order not to make moronic comments.

That doesnt change the fact that we were talking about tint and you changed the subject to something general.
I took your comment as something general because that's exactly what it looked and sounded like.

So there, Tintdamax was never knocked down, he just used his intelligence to win the damn argument.
Intelligence? You want to use your "intelligence"? Stop making stupid comments. That's how you can use your "intelligence".