General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone Challenge a M3

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 11:06 AM

I currently have a 2k1 AE manual with every mod and then some. I have drove one of my customers 2k2 M3's (great car) fast, awesome handling, Braking is superb. I also have driven another one of my customers R33 Skyline GTR (Non V-spec) which he only paid $48,000 for.
I say only because it is less than the M3 barely. With only intake exhaust and a boost controller I can safely say the GTR out accelerates, handles , and brakes the new M3 by a huge margin. And talk about an attention getter. All those rice boys with the Yellow stickers all over their rides that always try and race us at stoplights just look in awe. Only problem is people are constantly trying to talk to you and ask dumb questions.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:13 AM
I'm needing a caw

Cool! Throw up some pics of the 2k1's turbo and such! Thanks!

Originally posted by WANNARUN
I currently have a 2k1 AE manual with every mod and then some. I have drove one of my customers 2k2 M3's (great car) fast, awesome handling, Braking is superb. I also have driven another one of my customers R33 Skyline GTR (Non V-spec) which he only paid $48,000 for.
I say only because it is less than the M3 barely. With only intake exhaust and a boost controller I can safely say the GTR out accelerates, handles , and brakes the new M3 by a huge margin. And talk about an attention getter. All those rice boys with the Yellow stickers all over their rides that always try and race us at stoplights just look in awe. Only problem is people are constantly trying to talk to you and ask dumb questions.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

"Dude, you gots likes a superturbocharger NOS system hooked up to yer direct port triptronics autoshifter, right? How about yer exhaust, man? You gots like a high-end flow double ported straight bentpipe, rights? Damn, kid, that sh!tz be crazy fast, yo!"

Originally posted by WANNARUN
Only problem is people are constantly trying to talk to you and ask dumb questions.
Old 11-19-2001, 11:24 AM

personally i bet all those people on those boards either get their bmw's from rich parents or are doing illegal things....second bmws are nice etc etc....but they under estimate the maxima....i think we need to all chip in, buy steve an sc for his 6 spd 02 max and shut them up....hehe...and about turning, i am always look into it, and isnt there anything else other then sways, strut bars and springs and struts to make handling better? i mean iknow there cars are smaller and lighter, but what makes them turn so well?
Old 11-19-2001, 12:21 PM
is invisible

Originally posted by maximaracer28
personally i bet all those people on those boards either get their bmw's from rich parents or are doing illegal things....second bmws are nice etc etc....but they under estimate the maxima....i think we need to all chip in, buy steve an sc for his 6 spd 02 max and shut them up....hehe...and about turning, i am always look into it, and isnt there anything else other then sways, strut bars and springs and struts to make handling better? i mean iknow there cars are smaller and lighter, but what makes them turn so well?
People that have money don't earn it.

Why does it handle better? They're not always lighter...the M3 weighs in @ ~3400 lbs. Thanks to RWD (helps with weight distribution...the 325ici has 50/50) and well designed suspension (as opposed to the Max's mulitlink rear axle thingy) they can handle much better than most FWD cars.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

You thanking him for calling me a riceboy? lol...tell me you're kidding. My ride is as clean as it gets.
i was defending u

u thought i was making fun of ur car
Old 11-19-2001, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO

i was defending u

u thought i was making fun of ur car

You were? Sorry it was hard to tell by the way you put it. It's all good now.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by maximaracer28
Also, a lot of them are frontin' with those cars. Ask anyone of them how far in dept they are and see who's smiling and talkin trash then.

I rather take trips and have a house to live in before I buy a Bimmer. I like Bimmers but who really cares about owning on anyway. Hell, I don't need one thats for sure.

They locked the thread too. At least I got my last words inbefore it happened.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:41 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by deezo
I rather take trips and have a house to live in before I buy a Bimmer. I like Bimmers but who really cares about owning on anyway. Hell, I don't need one thats for sure.

What you need is to get rid of those hubcubs and get some rims brah.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

You were? Sorry it was hard to tell by the way you put it. It's all good now.
thats why i asked for his 1/4
Old 11-20-2001, 08:24 AM
is invisible

Sour grapes.

That's like Civic people saying that Maxima people are up to their necks in debt.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:10 AM

my two cents

There a few types of people...

There is a guy who can afford a BMW but has a Maxima.

There is a guy who can't afford a BMW and has a BMW.

I agree that if You have a 50,000 car and live with your parents...there is a slight problem!!

I personally plan on getting a BMW next year...But maybe I'll get a new maxima if they look sweet.

Maxima is a GREAT car. Probably the best car dollar for dollar...But the maxima is getting more expensive every year.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:47 AM
is invisible

Re: my two cents

Originally posted by barrett58
There a few types of people...

There is a guy who can afford a BMW but has a Maxima.

There is a guy who can't afford a BMW and has a BMW.

I agree that if You have a 50,000 car and live with your parents...there is a slight problem!!

I personally plan on getting a BMW next year...But maybe I'll get a new maxima if they look sweet.
So..which one are you?
Old 11-20-2001, 10:19 AM

I can afford an M3..But I have other priorities right now (buy a nice house in a few months). Maybe next year. Personally, I will not buy a car if a it is expected to change signifantly the following year. I would have hated to buy a 2k1 Max to find out the 2k2 has more power, nicer lights etc. The E46 has been around for 4 years and they might change the body soon. BMW might also release the 6 series next year, I saw a picture and it looked promising. I am still not sure what is going on with the Maxima next year. It seems it is too early to find out for sure, what to expect in 2003.

I know plenty of guys who buy a BMW for STATUS. But they either still live at home or they live in a tiny little apartment. If you need a BMW to make yourself feel better...then maybe its a good investment. Personally I think these types have their priorities all screwed up.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by max7
I really like BMW, but those guys are full of ****. First of all, I have raced a few BMW, and yes I can say that they are fast, but let's compare apples to apples. Say you take an M3 and compare it to the Supra. Or the Z. They are some rich a$$ punks who think we shouldn't be interupting their golf outing or something (no offense to those who play golf) The maxima cost 25k less than an M3, so let me invest into my maxima 25k and we'll see who can win.

BMW:
· Big Money Works
· Bought My Wife
· Brutal Money Waster
· Break My Window
· Break My Windshield
· Babbling Mechanical Wench
· Barely Moving Wreck
· Big Money Waste
· Big Money. Why?
· Big Money Works
· Born Moderately Wealthy
· Breaks Most Wrenches
· Bring Many Wrenches
· Brings Me Women
· Brings More Women
· Broken Money Waster
· Broke My Wallet
· Broken Monstrous Wonder
· Bumbling Mechanical Wretch
· Blasphemous Motorized Wreck
You forgot the only one worth anything: Bob Marley and the Wailers
Old 11-20-2001, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by NJ95gxe

You forgot the only one worth anything: Bob Marley and the Wailers
Old 12-17-2001, 12:06 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

so i had this three way drag race.

E46 stick vs. SC auto on a 3.48 vs SC 5speed on a 3.48. All cars have full exhaust and intake mods etc.

So we're about to go rumble.. the street light goes green and all three of us floor it. and just wheel spin.. then we just sorta laugh because it was a REALLY horrid launch... but we couldnt do it again because we were on our way to lunch. eh.. maybe next time... seriously tho? SC auto will be on par with the m3...
Old 12-18-2001, 02:27 AM

e36 m3's are a breeze if you have sc...

well say we start at 4k in 2nd, by the
end of 2nd i'm already ahead by 3 car lengths...

another race, m3 got a 3-4 car headstart
at same 4k in 2nd. i caught up and
pulled on him.

this was all witnessed by s2000 and audi
ppl at some race one night...

face on the m3 guy when i passed him was
PRICELESS!!!!

e46 was a whole different story
well i only had one race against it.
he was in the same lane in front of me and
just punched it, so i did the same. by the end
of 3rd he got about 1.5 carlength. but if