General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SECOND wheelskins installed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 05:34 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

SECOND wheelskins installed...

Well, last week I installed a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. Looks great feels great. But, when I was stitching it some of the little holes pulled out.

I went back to the site I bought it from, www.autobarn.com, and checked out their return policy. It looked more complicated than i wanted to deal with. So, I called Wheelskins directly and they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

Anyway....
I got the new one today and it seems much nicer than the one I got from the "middleman." The holes are perfectly spaced and the leather seems softer and smoother.

Well, it's on and it fits and looks better than that other cover I had.

If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:15 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: SECOND wheelskins installed...

Ben, can you take some pics????? I purchased a leather steering wheel cover from Pepboys and stiched it myself, it didn't fit perfectly - there is a small gap where the stiches are supposed to seal completely around the steering wheel but it's too fat so they don't no matter how i tighten them. Plus the leather is VERY hard. Can you take some pics of the Wheelskins? also, how much was it?
I am tired of spending $ on steering wheel covers

Originally posted by mzmtg
Well, last week I installed a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. Looks great feels great. But, when I was stitching it some of the little holes pulled out.

I went back to the site I bought it from, www.autobarn.com, and checked out their return policy. It looked more complicated than i wanted to deal with. So, I called Wheelskins directly and they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

Anyway....
I got the new one today and it seems much nicer than the one I got from the "middleman." The holes are perfectly spaced and the leather seems softer and smoother.

Well, it's on and it fits and looks better than that other cover I had.

If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:54 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Mine was $34.99 plus shipping. I got the "Eurotone", it's gray on the top and bottom and black on the sides. It goes great with my silver dash trim. It fits perfectly. The leather is very soft so it stretched very tight around the wheel. There is no looseness at all. The seams meet up just right too. The only difficult spots are where the spokes meet the rim, but I got hat figured out too.

I'll try to get some pics taken tomorrow. I dont have a digicam so I have to get them developed and scanned too.
Old 11-17-2001, 03:10 PM

How did you handle the stitching in the areas where the spokes meet the rim?
Old 11-17-2001, 08:10 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by red112fl
How did you handle the stitching in the areas where the spokes meet the rim?
I skipped 2 holes at eash spoke.