General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 03:59 AM

Street Racing

Don't you hate it when a car rolls up on you and don't know if homeboy is racing or not? You know... those awkward moments when the Accord, Mustang, Astro Van or whatever starts pulling on you for no reason. Then you kinda test him, to let him know, so you mash a little then he backs off and makes a left.

I hate to say it but I saw a pretty riced out 3rd Gen. last Friday. We chilled for a while, checking out each other's setup but then I would push it a little then he would. Naturally, I thought he was game. Stoplight. Then, the green... I'm like buh-bye and he's like whatever. But later, he starts trying to pull on me again. WTH??

Also, on a side... have you noticed how many people hate to look over at other people when they're in their rides? I tried to make some kinda peace with homie but he never looked over. I hope most maxima enthusiasts are not like that. I don't see many around here in Hollyhood.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:27 AM
JET Speed Lab

usually people STARE into other peoples cars in NYC. probably to make sure they dont get shot?
Old 11-27-2001, 06:22 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

I'll roll down my window and ask. I will be like hey wanna run'em?

and wether I win or lose I would like to chat about the car if possible. I am a motor head, I like cars. ( oh yeah beer to )
Old 11-27-2001, 07:12 AM

I don't race, my car is slow
Old 11-27-2001, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by bags533
I'll roll down my window and ask. I will be like hey wanna run'em?

and wether I win or lose I would like to chat about the car if possible. I am a motor head, I like cars. ( oh yeah beer to )
post *****!!!
Old 11-27-2001, 08:48 AM

Re: Street Racing

Originally posted by Ra1max
Don't you hate it when a car rolls up on you and don't know if homeboy is racing or not? You know... those awkward moments when the Accord, Mustang, Astro Van or whatever starts pulling on you for no reason. Then you kinda test him, to let him know, so you mash a little then he backs off and makes a left.

I hate to say it but I saw a pretty riced out 3rd Gen. last Friday. We chilled for a while, checking out each other's setup but then I would push it a little then he would. Naturally, I thought he was game. Stoplight. Then, the green... I'm like buh-bye and he's like whatever. But later, he starts trying to pull on me again. WTH??

Also, on a side... have you noticed how many people hate to look over at other people when they're in their rides? I tried to make some kinda peace with homie but he never looked over. I hope most maxima enthusiasts are not like that. I don't see many around here in Hollyhood.
maybe you should mind your own business from now on. maybe they pull on you because they're late to work or the movies or girlfriend's house, etc. the world does not revolve around you.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:51 AM

Re: Re: Street Racing

Originally posted by Maximus97SE

maybe you should mind your own business from now on. maybe they pull on you because they're late to work or the movies or girlfriend's house, etc. the world does not revolve around you.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:06 AM

Re: Street Racing

Originally posted by Ra1max

I feel for you. I have the same experiences too...Maybe it's a Cali thang.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by HulaMAX

I feel for you. I have the same experiences too...Maybe it's a Cali thang.
naw, it's everywhere. i had a different problem the other day driving back from chicago to Indy. I rolled up to an eclipse (rims, exhaust, body kit) on the highway in the passing lane, nudged back in forth right next to him dropping the bait. After a few exchanges and looks, he bit the line and we both took off. I took the lead all the way and he dropped off at 115mph. So I pull in front of him and coast back down to 70mph and he comes up to me in the passing lane this time. So, i hear him drop a gear and gun it, so I floor it and we're at it one more time...and I smoke him again! two times is enough to prove a point, right? Not for this guy. We go one more time and it's me again. So, after that, I put it on cruise control and just go at 70mph. But this clown keeps coming up and getting next to me, gunning it then hitting the brakes because we're supposed to be done racing...but he did this for like 15 miles and wouldn't leave me alone after that! I had to take a exit cause he wouldn't leave me alone. So i guess some people taking racing personally....
Old 11-27-2001, 11:35 AM
JET Speed Lab

Re: Re: Re: Street Racing

Originally posted by Str8ridin

naw, it's everywhere. i had a different problem the other day driving back from chicago to Indy. I rolled up to an eclipse (rims, exhaust, body kit) on the highway in the passing lane, nudged back in forth right next to him dropping the bait. After a few exchanges and looks, he bit the line and we both took off. I took the lead all the way and he dropped off at 115mph. So I pull in front of him and coast back down to 70mph and he comes up to me in the passing lane this time. So, i hear him drop a gear and gun it, so I floor it and we're at it one more time...and I smoke him again! two times is enough to prove a point, right? Not for this guy. We go one more time and it's me again. So, after that, I put it on cruise control and just go at 70mph. But this clown keeps coming up and getting next to me, gunning it then hitting the brakes because we're supposed to be done racing...but he did this for like 15 miles and wouldn't leave me alone after that! I had to take a exit cause he wouldn't leave me alone. So i guess some people taking racing personally....
Old 11-27-2001, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by Str8ridin

OK, good! I thought it was just the mad ricers here in Cali. Good to hear that ricing is a nationwide sport!
Old 11-27-2001, 02:04 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Maximus97SE

I agree. Sometimes I am just not in the frigg'n mood to put up with little riceboys who wanna race me and break the law. Yes, on occasion I wouldn't mind some friendly competition, but sometimes it's just annoying. Sometimes it's not worth hurting you/others/or your MAX(!).
Old 11-27-2001, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
I don't race, my car is slow
A stock maxima can take a lot of cars off the line
Old 11-27-2001, 03:37 PM

maybe they pull on you because they're late to work or the movies or girlfriend's house, etc. the world does not revolve around you.
That was kinda the point. I was describing specific situations when you can't tell if someone is trying to mess with you. I WAS just minding my own business when it seemed the other guy was interested in some "friendly competition". I might have been wrong, but that's why I thought it was funny. One car takes off, the other doesn't. You don't see the humor? And no, I don't think the world revolves around me... damn, I'm not that big
Sometimes I am just not in the frigg'n mood to put up with little riceboys who wanna race me and break the law. Yes, on occasion I wouldn't mind some friendly competition, but sometimes it's just annoying.
I hope your not insinuating I'm a riceboy, especially since you don't know me. I do not advocate street racing, but that doesn't mean I don't like to use my right foot every now and then.

Peace
Old 11-27-2001, 03:54 PM

yea here in jersey you need to be carefull who's window you look in or you might be looking down the barrell of a 9...

jersey
Old 11-27-2001, 04:37 PM

Its funny you should post this, cause it just happened to me today. I came up to this Porshe at a red light. Granted, he couldnt see me cause of my tint, but he didnt look over once. it was a young guy too. So the light turns green, and i assumed he wasnt racing so i just drove normally. after about 5 secs, i said screw this and hit the gas. I guess he took it personal or something cause he finally decided he wanted to race and he hit the gas. I was sooooo proud of my max. I had a little head start but he didnt gain anything on me! The Max pulled through like a soldier! I find that here in Cali, lots of people race, but you gotta instigate it. You cant assume people will see your car and want to race, because well, we have Maximas. Nobody has respect so they dont think were fast. Thats why you gotta pick a fight, and then beat them down! THEN theyll know!

DPW
Old 11-27-2001, 05:07 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

happens to me too

i know the feeling. its like at the light they dont look at you but once your rolling they try to roll hard on ya. im like oh well. im a motorhead and a streetracer so i know how the game goes. some like to race and some dont.
Old 11-27-2001, 05:20 PM

Golf VR6

I had a VR6 FLY to catch up me to me and the wife as soon as he passed me he put on his hazards... Then the light caught us, we were at the light his passenger rolls down the window and asked if "We're doing this" I said sure the light changed and I left him... When he caught up to me at the next light again they rolled down the window and asked what I had. When I told him I was stock with a cat back the driver yelled I have two people he has one... I then looked at him and laughed. Light changed again (So I smoked him again) this time worse. Next light I said one person doesn't equal 2 car lenghts..! He then said

Then the wife asked if he would feel better if her and I switched and she drove!

Moral or story flash hazards that will let them know!
Old 11-27-2001, 07:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The worst is when someone tries to trick you to "beat you"..heres what I mean...I was at a stop light w/ 3 lanes..Im in the far left, my brother in the middle(drives 97 240) and in the far right was a red modded Avenger( yes I know I can stomp an avenger)..anyways light turns green and me and my bro take off, the avenger pulls off slow, like you normally would when your not racing...we all get to another light same thing happens agian..so were like, ok hes not gonna race..we get to a 3rd red light and turns green me and my brother casually start driving, The avenger guns it!! of course he got the jump on us so we play catch up and pass him!!! Damn that bugs me..if your gonna race then race dont try to "TRICK" someone to get the jump and then tell your lame friends you "beat" a 5th gen MAX and a 240!!
Old 11-28-2001, 09:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i like to race soccer dad's in mini-van's they are my ABSOLUTE favorite.. i like to roll down my window and ask what they have done and compliment the van.

i tend not to race much at all because i have an automatic tranny with 18's, stereo, and bags... every once and awhile i show people a little sumin sumin... but it isnt THAT much

Old 11-28-2001, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by platinumplus
HEy platinumplus are you from memphis. I go to platinum plus all the time. Great club.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Street Racing

Originally posted by 98sterlingmist

HEy platinumplus are you from memphis. I go to platinum plus all the time. Great club.
No, I am from NYC, but believe me you are not the first person to ask me that, I have seen how famous that place is down there, if I am ever in Memphis I will be making one of my first stops there.