General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Whos Interested in a Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: I have 2 questions

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Old 01-01-2002, 09:40 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have 2 questions

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Your sayin' that papa smurf's turbo idea is gonna go to hell right ?? You don't belive he can make us a complete turbo kit like he said for under or around $2k ?
Old 01-01-2002, 10:14 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have 2 questions

Your sayin' that papa smurf's turbo idea is gonna go to hell right ?? You don't belive he can make us a complete turbo kit like he said for under or around $2k ?
simply put...NO!

im not flaming papa smurt or anything, he's emailed me for info and stuff before, but its juss not realistic for a turbo kit under or even at 2k. Parts alone like i said will cost 2k or more. And since he isnt in it for money, i dont see how the R&D will work when driveability or other probs occur, or how bout when someone blows their motor and goes back to complain to papasmurf.

yes VQ internals is different from the VG30DETT...hehehhehe
Old 01-01-2002, 10:33 PM
SLOW

Like I've said in numerous threads, we need to get that NZ/Middle East Spec variable intake working. Thats a bit more realistic than a $2K turbo kit.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
I could have sworn this thread "who is interested in a turbo kit"? for some reason.. the title must have changed to .. "how do you make a turbo kit and can i do it for under 3k"?

no one asked for all your 2 cents..

just fu@king answer yes or no.. no one asked you for a fu@cking essay
hey dude, loosen up your jocks man, chill brah.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:54 PM

Why spend the money for the nz/middle east spec intake, when you can buy a 00+ VQ30DE for $400-800? With a motor like that one can get the cams reground for $150-500. This should make for one bad *** NA motor.
Originally posted by Nealoc187
Like I've said in numerous threads, we need to get that NZ/Middle East Spec variable intake working. Thats a bit more realistic than a $2K turbo kit.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
id be intersted in this Neal, any info on where to contact? The thing with the 00 VQ Motor is the ECU and harness not be easily interchangeable with the 4th gen. Maybe the NZ one would be easier.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:27 PM
SLOW

Why would I want to swap an entire engine when I can swap an intake manifold and make just as much power? Not to mention the differences in ECU and harness. roadbeast said he has two of them he's willing to sell, and NZ Max lives in New Zealand so I bet he could procure one for us as well. According to the pics, it seems to be a perfect fit. Just need to figure out if the US spec cars have the wiring in place and that the ECU has the capability to open the shorter runners.

Here is the thread it was being discussed it. It kindof deteriorated into nothingness like this thread, but there is some good info to be found in there. We just need some really dedicated people to put their heads together and do it.

Variable Intake Thread

In my mind it seems to be an easier project than the 5th gen intake manifold, and certainly easier than an entire engine swap. (Who would want to do that for 30 hp?)
Old 01-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Honda Convert!

Ok everyone!

Hold the phone ill get back to you all soon about this whole kit im taking in all your info but ive got some things under my belt that most of you havent thought about so if you have any serious questions about the kit hit me up on my email and ill get back to you asap. Chessieone@yahoo.com. I only am able to really play on the org when im at work, which is every two day so you guys are just going to have to write me on email i check that every day. thanks for your patience and understanding.

Bruce
Old 01-02-2002, 12:48 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Ok everyone!

Wait do you have this sorted out or not? Exactly how far are you into this? How are you going to run the turbine side exhausts? How are you going to mount the turbo? These should have been sorted out before posting. Let us know where you are in this project so we can get a better idea what to expect. right now it's sounds like you needed us to help you develope the package.

Originally posted by papasmurf
Hold the phone ill get back to you all soon about this whole kit im taking in all your info but ive got some things under my belt that most of you havent thought about so if you have any serious questions about the kit hit me up on my email and ill get back to you asap. Chessieone@yahoo.com. I only am able to really play on the org when im at work, which is every two day so you guys are just going to have to write me on email i check that every day. thanks for your patience and understanding.

Bruce
Old 01-02-2002, 01:07 PM

I've been readin alot of your different posts in the last 7 months and..

Wait do you have this sorted out or not? Exactly how far are you into this? How are you going to run the turbine side exhausts? How are you going to mount the turbo? These should have been sorted out before posting. Let us know where you are in this project so we can get a better idea what to expect. right now it's sounds like you needed us to help you develope the package.

Man you really have a wide span of car knowledge Jeff.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:41 PM

whoring my way through to get the email when there a reply.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: I've been readin alot of your different posts in the last 7 months and..

Man you really have a wide span of car knowledge Jeff.
heh....Jeff thinks he's a genius cause he fixed some VTCs here and there....man anyone can do that! hehe....just joking Jeffy!
Old 01-02-2002, 02:51 PM

Re: Re: I've been readin alot of your different posts in the last 7 months and..

Originally posted by DA-MAX

heh....Jeff thinks he's a genius cause he fixed some VTCs here and there....man anyone can do that! hehe....just joking Jeffy!
Old 01-02-2002, 02:52 PM

Re: Re: I've been readin alot of your different posts in the last 7 months and..

Originally posted by DA-MAX

Jeff is so fly, he took his Turbo OFF!

Old 01-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Honda Convert!

OK no prob anyone that wants to give me a hand just hollar at me on my email and with the whole turbo lag issue with our car with t3/t4 its small enough that youll have full boost at about 1500-2000 rpm and turbo like the supra is not fesible due to size its pretty damn big. But any other questions just hit me up. chessieone@yahoo.com.

Bruce
Old 01-02-2002, 11:34 PM

OK no prob anyone that wants to give me a hand just hollar at me on my email and with the whole turbo lag issue with our car with t3/t4 its small enough that youll have full boost at about 1500-2000 rpm and turbo like the supra is not fesible due to size its pretty damn big. But any other questions just hit me up. chessieone@yahoo.com.

Bruce
Full boost around 1500rpm?? HA!!! sorry....i think only Mitsu with their controlled backfire system can achieve close to that. Depending on what A/R and trims you use on that t3/t4 can determine how much lag on the system.. I have a pretty good sized t3/t4 WITH turbo cams and i dont get full boost till about 3k. Thats considered pretty good already. I dont think 3.5k full boost is bad at all. i think we should stop being negative and let him come through on developing this kit...but you cant be posting stuff like full boost at 1500rpm...thats asking for it!
Old 01-03-2002, 12:01 AM
I'm needing a caw

Sorry Hogan, my sources tell me, this manifold was not offered in Japan, Australia or Britain.

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

After reading this thread, I will be getting 5 of these variable intake manifolds from either Japan or Australia, those that want the whole motor, those can be obtained at any time.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm needing a caw

Didn't you have the dudes take some pics first and show you? That's what my sources tell me. They could be wrong but they flat out said "no", it's the same as the USA versions.

So WTF am I GETTING ???

DID I JUST F*CKEN BLOW US$10Gs on the same SH*T in THE US ???
Old 01-03-2002, 08:39 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I sent them email but they are fast asleep now i gotta wait another 7 hours and **** bricks on if my 10gs just went to waste.

-Peace
uh oh...that's not going to be kosher if it's the same as US spec..
Old 01-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

Full boost around 1500rpm?? HA!!! sorry....i think only Mitsu with their controlled backfire system can achieve close to that. Depending on what A/R and trims you use on that t3/t4 can determine how much lag on the system.. I have a pretty good sized t3/t4 WITH turbo cams and i dont get full boost till about 3k. Thats considered pretty good already. I dont think 3.5k full boost is bad at all. i think we should stop being negative and let him come through on developing this kit...but you cant be posting stuff like full boost at 1500rpm...thats asking for it!

Ok i got ya from now on ill just shut up since you think i know nothing and when im done maybe ill let you know ok so stop giving me sh@# ok im doing this for everyone otherwise i would have kept this to my self .

Bruce
Old 01-03-2002, 03:34 PM

Im curious if this is really going to be a possibility in the near future, especially for the 4th generation. For whoever comes out with a kit, im sure that you will make a fortune considering the millions of people who are sick of stillens supercharger or who just dont want to spend that kinda money. Ball park is around $3000 for the turbo, right? I think im going to start saving! My main question is: What kind of gains is this kit going to put to the wheels?
Old 01-03-2002, 03:37 PM

Ok i got ya from now on ill just shut up since you think i know nothing and when im done maybe ill let you know ok so stop giving me sh@# ok im doing this for everyone otherwise i would have kept this to my self .

Bruce
I appriciate what your doin for us !!

I have an auto so I can brake boost and do a mad launch so I am happy anyways.

Please keep us all updated. Even if the turbo kit wouldn't be quite as advanced as yours, Turbo95Max, it'll still make my day ! Damn finally an affordable boost kit that I would definatally save for. It just doesn't seem to realistic without the price increasing.

Papasmurf don't take what Turbo95Max is saying offensive. He has worked hard on his turbo and is just tryin' to give you somewhat of a heads up.

BTW, Dont give up!
Old 01-03-2002, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by perfectmax
Im curious if this is really going to be a possibility in the near future, especially for the 4th generation. For whoever comes out with a kit, im sure that you will make a fortune considering the millions of people who are sick of stillens supercharger or who just dont want to spend that kinda money. Ball park is around $3000 for the turbo, right? I think im going to start saving! My main question is: What kind of gains is this kit going to put to the wheels?
Under or around $2000 for the stage 1, and it is supposed to be at least as potent as the Stillen V1 and V2 supercharger.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Honda Convert!

OK even if i sold the kit for 3000grand im sure people would still buy it and for gains your talking 300hps at the wheels with stage one and stage two 350 or more depending on mods but with the intercooler and other things up to 450 maybe all depends on other mods and if i can get the damn thing set up right.

Bruce
Old 01-03-2002, 05:20 PM

That transmissions gonna need some love if were talkin those kind of gains, huh?
Old 01-03-2002, 07:19 PM

450 hp??? i dont think the motor can even take that without some fortification

a lot of people say that a safe limit for this motor would be 400 stock
Old 01-04-2002, 01:36 AM

Bruce
sorry, i honestly dont mean to bag on you or anything, but if you post unrealistic claims such as full boost at 1.5k then anyone that knows what their talking about including myself will say something. If you made realistic claims then prolly no one would have posted negative comments. its not as easy as you think, youll find out tho..until then..good luck, and prove me wrong.

ps. 450hp is alot on stock internals, even on juss upgraded pistons i think is pushing it.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Everytime someone wants to make a turbo kit.. its the same people talk **** to get the project canceled.. it makes me think that "people" just want to remain the only Turbo'd Maxima's in the US
Old 01-04-2002, 03:09 AM

* * * B O O M * * *

either the motor or tranny

-take your pick.
Tranny of course
Hell it might kill both that would be cool
Old 01-04-2002, 05:57 AM

Everytime someone wants to make a turbo kit.. its the same people talk **** to get the project canceled.. it makes me think that "people" just want to remain the only Turbo'd Maxima's in the US
That's because they "know" more than everyone else. You see they did it the "right" and only way possible. And of course they can always get everything cheaper than anyone else. Don't you get it?

Stereodude
Old 01-04-2002, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Stereodude

That's because they "know" more than everyone else. You see they did it the "right" and only way possible. And of course they can always get everything cheaper than anyone else. Don't you get it?

Stereodude
i know see the light
Old 01-04-2002, 11:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Ok everyone!

Can you give some answers please? I would like to know where you are at in this project. PM or email(if the reply is long) Thanks.

Old 01-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Honda Convert!

Re: Re: Re: Ok everyone!

Can you give some answers please? I would like to know where you are at in this project. PM or email(if the reply is long) Thanks.

"Exactly how far are you into this? How are you going to run the turbine side exhausts? How are you going to mount the turbo? These should have been sorted out before posting. Let us know where you are in this project so we can get a better idea what to expect. right now it's sounds like you needed us to help you develope the package. "

OK lets see where to start i have everything worked out were prototyping the manifold as we speak were going to be mounting the turbo right under the factory air boxes (by the way for those who dont know the manifold is what holds the turbo on and up) and the manifold will come around and meet it there and then run the downm pipe in to the exhaust which it will meet up at the same spot as the y-pipe did. also im working with a few distributers to get my cost down so i can meet my 2500 expected price but we will see about that one if you have any other questions let me know i check my email like 100 times a day so just hit me up there at chessieone@yahoo.com

Bruce
Old 01-04-2002, 11:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok everyone!

Ah yes, the reverse Y pipe deal. yeah this way you should not have to mess with the stock exhaust manifolds and would make the system more bolt-up. There was an internet article about a turbo V6 probe Se that was done very similar. Battery relocation was necessary though. I guess you will use some of the tranny braces to help support the turbo tubing.

Good luck with the project.

"Exactly how far are you into this? How are you going to run the turbine side exhausts? How are you going to mount the turbo? These should have been sorted out before posting. Let us know where you are in this project so we can get a better idea what to expect. right now it's sounds like you needed us to help you develope the package. "

OK lets see where to start i have everything worked out were prototyping the manifold as we speak were going to be mounting the turbo right under the factory air boxes (by the way for those who dont know the manifold is what holds the turbo on and up) and the manifold will come around and meet it there and then run the downm pipe in to the exhaust which it will meet up at the same spot as the y-pipe did. also im working with a few distributers to get my cost down so i can meet my 2500 expected price but we will see about that one if you have any other questions let me know i check my email like 100 times a day so just hit me up there at chessieone@yahoo.com

Bruce
Old 01-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Honda Convert!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok everyone!

Ah yes, the reverse Y pipe deal. yeah this way you should not have to mess with the stock exhaust manifolds and would make the system more bolt-up. There was an internet article about a turbo V6 probe Se that was done very similar. Battery relocation was necessary though. I guess you will use some of the tranny braces to help support the turbo tubing.

Good luck with the project.

Exactly thank you at least some one gets the drift of what im trying to do and yeah the trany will be used ito support the turbo some. but thanks for the encouragement ill get back to you as soon as i have some new news

Bruce
Old 01-05-2002, 12:08 AM

and who might you be talking about Spriteboy?
but hey, it would be kinda cool to have some fellow turbo maxima people, then i can see if they experince the same probs as me...or hey, ill have someone to laugh at when they run into the same probs as me! hehe
Old 01-05-2002, 12:15 AM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

and who might you be talking about Spriteboy?
but hey, it would be kinda cool to have some fellow turbo maxima people, then i can see if they experince the same probs as me...or hey, ill have someone to laugh at when they run into the same probs as me! hehe
Hey dude its all cool i doing for the good of the free maxima world so everyone can enjoy boost too, so lets all work on this together and if anyone has any bright ideas just let me know

Bruce
Old 01-05-2002, 07:22 AM

In all honesty, how close is this project to completion? Do you think it will be on the market in early spring????
Old 01-05-2002, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by perfectmax
In all honesty, how close is this project to completion? Do you think it will be on the market in early spring????
I think Turbo95Max thinks it's gonna cost alot more than what papasmurf is proposing, and many of us will have problems. I know I sure as hell wouldnt want to spend 2 grand (even tho that is like a dream price) and have my engine fu<k up.

Quick Reply: Whos Interested in a Turbo Kit