General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Whos Interested in a Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I HAVE 2 MANIFOLDS OFF OF MY 1990 GXE THAT I AM WILLING TO DONATE

Originally posted by papasmurf

Not a prob these are going to be only for fourth gens for the time being due to the fact that i dont know anyone with a 5th or 3rd gen that wants to loan me there headers

Bruce
They are right in my garage collecting dust they come off of my old motor let me know if you want them.

You can contact me by AIM my screenname is Walker8815
Old 01-05-2002, 11:52 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Originally posted by Craig Mack

I think Turbo95Max thinks it's gonna cost alot more than what papasmurf is proposing, and many of us will have problems. I know I sure as hell wouldnt want to spend 2 grand (even tho that is like a dream price) and have my engine fu<k up.
i dont think a quality kit can be had for anything close to 2k. I belive its possible to get a basic bare minimum kit for around 2.5k. keep in mind none of this will be tested. Im having/had so many probs with my setup, i can imagine people buying the turbo kit and having tons of probs and then get really upset. what happens where there are fitment probs? or maybe idle or overheating probs? worse is if someone blows their motor accidently. here comes the more headache then its worth part.

what i consider bare minimum:
turbo, wastegate, downpipe, piping, fuel pump, hoses/oil lines/misc parts
Old 01-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by perfectmax
In all honesty, how close is this project to completion? Do you think it will be on the market in early spring????
Im looking at a march april comletion im we dont run into any big probs ill keep you updated.

Bruce
Old 01-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

hey papasmurf you coming to the mini-meet on the 19th up at Metro??

Im looking at a march april comletion im we dont run into any big probs ill keep you updated.

Bruce
Old 01-08-2002, 09:06 AM

Bruce
papasmurf, what was the number one mechanical factor that got your car to run 14.0? where did you get those bigger fuel injectors? what kind of ecu? did you use drag slicks?
Old 01-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by VQdriver
papasmurf, what was the number one mechanical factor that got your car to run 14.0? where did you get those bigger fuel injectors? what kind of ecu? did you use drag slicks?
Yeah i used slicks, im using 300z fuel injectors, and my ecu is a g-force, but im putting in a haltech in. im not really sure there is just one thing that made my car run 14.0. but everything together made a big diff.

Bruce
Old 01-08-2002, 10:47 PM

This is my concern that no one has seemed to address yet.

I've heard there are issues with the Stillen SC. However, the huge plus for me is that Stillen is a tried & true company. Granted they are super expensive. However, if I have an issue with a Stillen SC .. I will get warranty service ... probably with a lot of hassle, but I've already found a Nissan dealer that will warranty anything that has to do with the Stillen SC install b/c Stillen is a reputable company and he has history with Stillen.

How can an independent like yourself offer the same warranty/service?
Old 01-08-2002, 11:07 PM

stillen supercharger group deal interested?
v2 probably
Old 01-08-2002, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
stillen supercharger group deal interested?
v2 probably
really .. hmm ... I swore that my mods were over except for the carbon fibre hood ... ****!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Honda Convert!

Ok a couple of things id like to address, first dont compare me with stealn' me and my two mechanic friends are just trying to put something together, second no waranty unless we get our shop up and running soon and then it will be limited but dont quote me on that, turbomax like i have said a couple of times 2000 is going to be a bare minimum kit and it realistically will run 3000 so dont jump on me about the rice im not reall sure yet. If needs be this kit wont come out untill late summer so i can road test the hell out of this thing and spend plenty of time on the track to see if our motors will handel this boost with out any problems. this time will also be used to work out the bugs with the system. For those who doubt this is possible stop worrying, one of my good buddys owns altered atmosphere here in md and another one of my mechanic friends builds turbo supras and as assured me this is all posible so just give it time we cant rush this thing or else it is going to end up like all the other turbo projects (squashed) so just give me some time and ill try to keep you all informed of the progress, and like i have said many times if you all have any questions for me just write me an email at chessieone@yahoo.com and ill try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for all your patience. By the way DA-MAX i should be up at the meet depending on my schedual but ill try to make it. if you dont know what my car looks like its 95pearlwhite with a red nismo banner on back window and mxdriver on front that way you know who your looking for.

Bruce
Old 01-08-2002, 11:48 PM

Ok a couple of things id like to address, first dont compare me with stealn' me and my two mechanic friends are just trying to put something together, second no waranty unless we get our shop up and running soon and then it will be limited but dont quote me on that, turbomax like i have said a couple of times 2000 is going to be a bare minimum kit and it realistically will run 3000 so dont jump on me about the rice im not reall sure yet. If needs be this kit wont come out untill late summer so i can road test the hell out of this thing and spend plenty of time on the track to see if our motors will handel this boost with out any problems. this time will also be used to work out the bugs with the system. For those who doubt this is possible stop worrying, one of my good buddys owns altered atmosphere here in md and another one of my mechanic friends builds turbo supras and as assured me this is all posible so just give it time we cant rush this thing or else it is going to end up like all the other turbo projects (squashed) so just give me some time and ill try to keep you all informed of the progress, and like i have said many times if you all have any questions for me just write me an email at chessieone@yahoo.com and ill try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for all your patience. By the way DA-MAX i should be up at the meet depending on my schedual but ill try to make it. if you dont know what my car looks like its 95pearlwhite with a red nismo banner on back window and mxdriver on front that way you know who your looking for.

Bruce
well orginally what you listed for Stage 1 wasnt a bare min kit. so now its a bare min kit? i was gonna let the whole issue rest but it seems you keep comin back on and changing things around. your Stage 1 "bare min" kit included larger injectors, turbo timer, and S-AFC? those arent "necessary" for a bare min kit. These 3 items alone can add up to over 1k. You got alot of price cutting to do if you are to keep it around 2k. Before you said maybe around march now its late summer? dont take it as nit picking but it juss seems you are changing your words now..
Old 01-09-2002, 12:37 AM
SLOW

I think he just realizes that the $2k goal isn't going to happen so he's just revising his estimate. Products get pushed back all the time, if development is going slowly its better to push it back then to just give up on it... just my $.02.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:40 AM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by Nealoc187
I think he just realizes that the $2k goal isn't going to happen so he's just revising his estimate. Products get pushed back all the time, if development is going slowly its better to push it back then to just give up on it... just my $.02.
Thank you at least you got the idea but i can see where turbomax might be coming from too.

Bruce
Old 01-09-2002, 03:10 PM

Hey before you go haltech

Thank you at least you got the idea but i can see where turbomax might be coming from too.

Bruce
Look into DFI or Speedpro I can't remember which of the two is now supporting 6 cyl setups, without having to think too much about it.
It took my tuner a little while to figure out the 6 cyl out put sequence with Haltech. Without having to use like a Grandnatione coilpcak. Just FYI
Old 01-10-2002, 05:36 PM

good luck bruce. don't let the critisism get you down.

catch you at the next meet on the 19th!
Old 01-10-2002, 05:42 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

A couple turbo questions

1)If the base kit (the one that will be $2000 or CLOSE to it) comes with the bare minimum and makes like 60-70-80HP (? I donno turbo's), then why would our engine have a problem with it ? I don't see how it would brake down alot considering the boost would be fairly conservative. Am I right in sayin this ? And what WILL the actualy HP and Torque #'s be for the baseline turbo ?

2)What kinda noise does the turbo make ?? Does it sound unique ?(Moreso than a supercharger?) I am hungry for a very unique noise that will leave ? marks on peoples faces. WAHHHHHHHH PSHhhhhhhhh....Mmmmmmm
Old 01-11-2002, 03:54 PM
Honda Convert!

Re: Hey before you go haltech

Originally posted by Uncle Max-t

Look into DFI or Speedpro I can't remember which of the two is now supporting 6 cyl setups, without having to think too much about it.
It took my tuner a little while to figure out the 6 cyl out put sequence with Haltech. Without having to use like a Grandnatione coilpcak. Just FYI
Hey thanks man good idea i didnt realize that hey if you have any helpful info i should know just shoot me an email at chessieone@yahoo.com, by the way if this is the same uncle max, nice car i like what you have4 done to it

Bruce
Old 01-11-2002, 04:51 PM

Intake?

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

I'm the one who already transfered funds...I'm the one who is ready to go postal in light of jeff's finding.
Yo_its_ok. Have you gotten those variable intakes yet? Or did it turn out to be the US ones? Just wondering..... Thanks.
Gary
Old 01-11-2002, 05:11 PM

Re: Re: Intake?

That deal went south, I have 5 on the way for February 12th Arrival. Good to be a Marine and ask a favor in the middle of a war.

Price: $499+shipping.

Correction 4, Confused has one on reserve.
So they are the variable ones as you thought? If that's the case may I also put one on "reserve"? please? Also could you email me with the details about them at Gsmith718@aol.com
thanks
Old 01-11-2002, 05:42 PM
My 4DSC

Originally posted by ohboiya

However, if I have an issue with a Stillen SC .. I will get warranty service ...
um, no ya won't...

Old 01-12-2002, 12:12 AM

So what's the point of having an S/C ?

Pass an elderly driver on the highway going uphill ?
No, I'm pretty sure that would void the warranty as well.

Old 01-12-2002, 12:52 AM

Re: A couple turbo questions

1)If the base kit (the one that will be $2000 or CLOSE to it) comes with the bare minimum and makes like 60-70-80HP (? I donno turbo's), then why would our engine have a problem with it ? I don't see how it would brake down alot considering the boost would be fairly conservative. Am I right in sayin this ? And what WILL the actualy HP and Torque #'s be for the baseline turbo ?

2)What kinda noise does the turbo make ?? Does it sound unique ?(Moreso than a supercharger?) I am hungry for a very unique noise that will leave ? marks on peoples faces. WAHHHHHHHH PSHhhhhhhhh....Mmmmmmm
it really depends on how much boost he will run and type of turbo he's gonna use. yes turbos have unique sounds...youll love it. turbo spool. mmmm
Old 01-12-2002, 12:56 AM

Re: Re: A couple turbo questions

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

it really depends on how much boost he will run and type of turbo he's gonna use. yes turbos have unique sounds...youll love it. turbo spool. mmmm
doesn't it depend on the blow off valve
Old 01-12-2002, 12:58 AM

Re: Re: A couple turbo questions

you mean, when its working right
Old 01-12-2002, 01:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: A couple turbo questions

Originally posted by black019

you mean, when its working right
hahah yea, its been OK lately, only buring a bit of coolant.

turbo spool pretty much sounds the same for all cars. some are louder then others. try a ball bearing turbo. Blow off valve sound depends on type of BOV, piping, and how much boost your running. ever wonder why MR2's are loud?? hehehe
Old 01-12-2002, 01:27 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: A couple turbo questions

hahah yea, its been OK lately, only buring a bit of coolant.

turbo spool pretty much sounds the same for all cars. some are louder then others. try a ball bearing turbo. Blow off valve sound depends on type of BOV, piping, and how much boost your running. ever wonder why MR2's are loud?? hehehe
glad to hear its working lately (dont want to jinx you tho)...there always seems to be something thats keeping it from working 100% tho...
Old 01-12-2002, 08:26 AM

Man, with a good turbo kit all turbo automatic maxima's will OWN 5spd turbo maxima's.

Papasmurf get crackin on that damn kit and post the gains that stage 1+2 will give.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:32 AM

Umm...not quite...

Man, with a good turbo kit all turbo automatic maxima's will OWN 5spd turbo maxima's.
Don't get me wrong, I wish it were that way too, but its not going to happen. Automatics are only preferred over manuals in 12-second cars (FEW high 13s). I'm sure they will still me able to keep up with shifts, and I seriously doubt they will be in the 12s. But if I can get my Maxima in the low 14s, I'll be ****ing in my pants! (But don't count on it).
-Cyrus
Old 01-12-2002, 08:35 AM

Re: Umm...not quite...

Originally posted by Vyrus

Don't get me wrong, I wish it were that way too, but its not going to happen. Automatics are only preferred over manuals in 12-second cars (FEW high 13s). I'm sure they will still me able to keep up with shifts, and I seriously doubt they will be in the 12s. But if I can get my Maxima in the low 14s, I'll be ****ing in my pants! (But don't count on it).
-Cyrus
you followin' me around?
Old 01-12-2002, 08:40 AM

Yeah...

you followin' me around?
You sister wants me to make sure you're not getting any more mods until she gets her s/c.
-Cyrus
Old 01-12-2002, 08:47 AM

Re: Yeah...

You sister wants me to make sure you're not getting any more mods until she gets her s/c.
-Cyrus
I don't get it
Old 01-12-2002, 08:49 AM

Re: Re: Yeah...

I don't get it
Good. You're not supposed to know anyways.
-Cyrus
Old 01-12-2002, 09:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Yeah...

Good. You're not supposed to know anyways.
-Cyrus
Trust me buddy my sister is waaaay outta your league/age.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah...

ouch
Old 01-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah...

obviously not.. they both drive maxima's
Old 01-12-2002, 10:19 AM

everyone wants a turbo......its just that alot of us dont have the $$$$
Old 01-12-2002, 10:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah...

Originally posted by SprintMax
obviously not.. they both drive maxima's

-She is 3 years older than him
-She goes to Stetson
-She has a boyfriend who even Mr. Mack wouldn't wanna **** with

She did however cream a 5spd Camaro w/flomasters and intake with her automatic stock gxe.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
everyone wants a turbo......its just that alot of us dont have the $$$$
Thanks for the info!!! Now I am SAVED!!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah...

-She is 3 years older than him
i have dated girls who have been 6 years older than me.. Once your game is strong.. you can never go wrong..

-She goes to Stetson
how does she like the colonge? school has nothing to do with anything.. i have dated, Yale women, Harvard Women(have you seen good will hunting by the way?) i have dated Penn State Women.. the list goes on..

-She has a boyfriend who even Mr. Mack wouldn't wanna **** with
boyfriends are temporary.. sooner or later he will f*ck up

She did however cream a 5spd Camaro w/flomasters and intake with her automatic stock gxe.
then she know Cyrus got the goods
Old 01-12-2002, 03:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah...

Originally posted by SprintMax

Police
(not enough smilies)

i have dated girls who have been 6 years older than me.. Once your game is strong.. you can never go wrong..
When you get to be as old as you are, age doesn't matter. It does when you have a sophmore in highschool who wants to ask out a freshman in college. It's like a 12 year old girl that likes Cyrus, do you think he's gonna want to get with that??

how does she like the colonge? : school has nothing to do with anything.. i have dated, Yale women, Harvard Women(have you seen good will hunting by the way?) i have dated Penn State Women.. the list goes on..
She likes her colonge just fine cause she has a freakn A average (not enough smilies for a shock face) ...yale, harvard, penn state, damn your dates must provide you with 100% INTELLECTUAL stimulation only.

boyfriends are temporary.. sooner or later he will f*ck up
Well he hasn't ****ed up for almost 2 years

then she know Cyrus got the goods

Quick Reply: Whos Interested in a Turbo Kit