General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Smashed My Car :*(

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 03:54 PM

Smashed My Car :*(

so im going west on a street and im about to pass thru the intersection and this corolla facing me waitin to make a left turn to go north starts turning
i swerve around her with my foot on the break the whole time and then i avoid her i stop in the middle of the intersection facing west in oncomin traffic and this van comes and takes me out..
damage.. serious. Bumper is in 2 air bags deployed , headlights all over the place.
Thank fully the corolla lady decided to stick around and told the story so she was charged..

MY girlfriend was w/ me and she was badly shook up both us went to the hospital w/ ambulance
her neck and her right shoulder seem to be bothering her and my lower chest is givin me a lil pain

Happened on green lane for all the Toronto PPl's

So.. if this turns out to be a write off ..i have a lot to sell.
big things mostly My 17' Momo Arrows and my Budget Y pipe ( 3 mths old)
:*(
Old 01-04-2002, 03:56 PM

Sorry to hear that man!! Hope you get better. On the bright side, you might get your 5-spd now!
Old 01-04-2002, 04:05 PM

Hope you and your girl are OK. Sorry to hear.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn that sucks...

But atleast you and your girlfriend are alright. Are your engine mounts damaged or frame badly bent? If not, then repairing shouldn't be too big of a problem. I hate hearing tragic Maxima stories.
-Cyrus
Old 01-04-2002, 04:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Smashed My Car :*(

Sorry to hear about that. Sucks for you, your G/F, and the car. Hope you all get put back together, like new.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:03 PM

Re: Smashed My Car :*(

Awww Crap! The fact that I've met you Both makes it even Worse! I'm Really sorry to hear about what happened.

The Important thing is that you and your Girl are OK. Your Max can be Replaced. YOU cannot!

IF you need Any Help or anything Lemme know. Does BOBBY know about your Accident???

Hehe ... I was wondering when U're gonna get the 9004 Harness off me, guess you don't need it now!

Hey ... I'm Also Interested in your FSTB (If it Fits)lemme know!

Originally posted by tunedup
so im going west on a street and im about to pass thru the intersection and this corolla facing me waitin to make a left turn to go north starts turning
i swerve around her with my foot on the break the whole time and then i avoid her i stop in the middle of the intersection facing west in oncomin traffic and this van comes and takes me out..
damage.. serious. Bumper is in 2 air bags deployed , headlights all over the place.
Thank fully the corolla lady decided to stick around and told the story so she was charged..

MY girlfriend was w/ me and she was badly shook up both us went to the hospital w/ ambulance
her neck and her right shoulder seem to be bothering her and my lower chest is givin me a lil pain

Happened on green lane for all the Toronto PPl's

So.. if this turns out to be a write off ..i have a lot to sell.
big things mostly My 17' Momo Arrows and my Budget Y pipe ( 3 mths old)
:*(
Old 01-04-2002, 05:17 PM

Joey!

Sorry 2 hear about the accident! I hope you are all ok ... you're going to need a coupla days 2 just relax & chill ...

keep in touch!

E
Old 01-04-2002, 06:19 PM

sorry to hear about that... get better I expect to see you at the next TO maxima meet with fixed or new maxima
Old 01-05-2002, 08:13 AM

sorry to hear, i'm just glad you and ur g/f are alright, it sux to loose something you spend so much time and money on. God i miss my old car.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:25 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

Tunedup,

Sucks about yer car... Glad U & ur g/f are ok.

If both the airbags are gone then you can just assume the car is totalled. Think of the cost of regular bodywork, then add $4k for the two bags, and prolly another $1k for all the sensors that will have to be replaced.

Also glad to see the offending driver stopped - in a lot of cases I've heard of the offending driver who was not actually physically hit has just left the scene, probably thinking because they didn't actually hit anything they're free to go...
Old 01-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear the news. Seems like there's been a definite surge in accidents in the past couple of weeks. I've talked to 4 people (not owners of Maxes) that have been in some pretty bizarre accidents recently.

Glad you and the girlfriend are OK.

Albert
Old 01-05-2002, 09:50 PM

i know how it feels to hook somethign up and then the next thing you know...your cars smashed up. i got into an accident last thursday...pretty big. im not gonna say its all good..but it all comes down to one thing.. you and your gf are both alive. g'luck with everything!
Old 01-06-2002, 02:23 AM

Damn .. 2nd TO crashup story I've read tonight. Just to have another cool max in TO I hope they don't total it. I had $9000 done to mine in the accident I had in october, and they didn't total it... I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing. *dreams of a TTZ*

Important thing is that you guys are all right. Hope things get fixed well, cheaply and soon. Glad you guys are ok.