General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

reporting stuff to insurance?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 08:07 PM

reporting stuff to insurance?...

i was just thinking, if i bought a really expensive stereo system, and/or rims or something, should i call my insurance company and tell them about it, so they can put it on my coverage, in case it gets stolen? or should i just keep the reciepts, with pics and stuff, and if something gets stolen, i just show the reciepts and pics to the insurance adjusters? i am just wondering, thats all.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:59 PM

Re: reporting stuff to insurance?...

Originally posted by slick
i was just thinking, if i bought a really expensive stereo system, and/or rims or something, should i call my insurance company and tell them about it, so they can put it on my coverage, in case it gets stolen? or should i just keep the reciepts, with pics and stuff, and if something gets stolen, i just show the reciepts and pics to the insurance adjusters? i am just wondering, thats all.
Keep the reciepts, and take pictures.

Also, call your insurance company and ask them if you have coverage for stuff that is in your car. Some cover it, some dont. I have State Farm, and complete coverage. My stereo which was stolen was covered as long as I had receipts to prove that I had purchased it.

-Mike
Old 01-07-2002, 07:14 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: reporting stuff to insurance?...

Originally posted by slick
Yes, while most aftermarket purchases (ie add-ons: Rims, Bodykit) can be claimed if you have full coverage on your insurance policy with valid reciept. However, I was told that you must purchase a separate homeowner's policy in order to cover aftermarket stereo equipments in your car such as(sub, speakers, headunit, amp) b/c car systems are not covered under auto-insurance (at least in my case anyway). You may want to inquire about stereo system coverage with your insurance company.