General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 04:26 PM

Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Me and three other of my friends (they all asian like me) had just left a friends birthday party from Wrights Farm. It was in Cumberland, Rhode Island which happens to be an all white middle-upperclass neighborhood. I was at a stop light, and there was a cop behind a van on the other side of the intersection facing towards me.
Light turns green and I go, and after about 2 miles, I see lights in my rearview. The car behinds me pulls to the side of the road, and so did I, hoping he was passing me, but that was not the case. I put the car in park, ebrake up, interior light on, front windows rolled down, and got my insurance, registration and license ready.

Now here is how this goes, to the best of my knowledge:

Cop 1: He comes knocking my driver side rear window, and so my friend rolls it down.
Cop 1 says to my friend in back, "Where's your ID?"
Friend says: "Here it is"
Cop 1: He is now speaking to my friends brother, in the back also.
Cop 1: "Where's your ID?"
Friend's Bro: "I don't have one."
Cop 1: "What!"
Friend's Bro: "I don't have one, I am only 16."
Cop 1: "Your 18!? (yelling at him emphatically)"
Friend's Bro: "No, I'm 16. (nervous)"
Cop 2: "Put your hands on the headrest (talking to my friends in the back)."
Cop 1: "You in the front passenger seat, got an ID?"
Friend in passenger seat: "Yes" (and hands it to me, and I hand it to the cop).
Officer: He is speaking to me, "License and Registration."
Me: "Here you go sir."

After 10 mins, checking all our IDs, too see if we had any records, which none of us do.

Cop 1: "Do you know your registration is expired?"
Me: "No I do not (I knew it was expired, but had no money to get it done, I am still unemployed)."
Cop 1 and 2: "We have to tow the car."
Cop 2: Says to my friend in passenger seat, "you're going to need that to call someone to get you," referring to his cell phone.
Cop 2: "You can start walking to Dunkin Donuts over there and call someone to get you (talking to all my friends, except me, so my friends leave, and I said hey, take my camera bag, and we put whatever expensive items from inside my car in it)."
Me: Still in car, have to wait for tow truck.
Cop 1: "Do you have anything illegal in the car?"
Me: "No."
Cop 1: "Get out of the car and go to the sidewalk"
Me: Standing at sidewalk
Cop 1: He uses his flashligjts looking inside my car from the outside.
Cop 1: "Put your hands over your head, do you have anything illegal on you?"
Me: "No, just my keys"
Cop 1: He frisked me.
Me: After cop 1 done frisking, I still had hands over head, I said "Is this how you treat a former state worker?"
Cop 2: "Where did you work?"
Me: "At the state's department of corrections."
Cop 2: "Doing what?"
Me: "I interned at the MIS, and I know the director well."
Cop 2: "Okay, and Cop 1 stops searching my car."
Cop 1: "You can put your hands dow now, and you can go to meet your friends at Dunkin Donut.:

So I get a fine for $50 for expire reg, and I had to pay tow expenses and 3 days stay. I got my car. This is where I was mad. This was at night time, and it is dark. There was no way the cop knew my registration was expired when I had my piaa fog lights on. If he knew it was, that would have been the first thing he would have said to me, "Son do you know you have expired registration stickers?" He did not. He just saw a bunch of chanks in a car, in an all white hood, they must be up to something. Shoot, it didnt help much that the first murder in the capital city was made by some asian thugs that looked like me and my friends, but that gives the cops no right to stop me and check our ids and friends, that is bs. If my reg was valid, I would have wonder what he pulled me over for, cus I did not do anything wrong. He only knew I had expired reg when he looked at my registration paper, he did not pay attention to my license plate which had the expired reg sticker. If I was informed by the cops initially that he pulled me over for this reason, or tells me later that it was the reason he pulled me over for, then fine, he is doing his job fairly, and not with bias. My friend gonna look for that **** the police song, and he gonna drive by their station playing it, and he's white.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Kevlo for President

dude that strait up sucks man i never want to get pulled over by racest cops man them basterrrrds ....
Old 01-14-2002, 04:50 PM

Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Originally posted by ßaller
Me and three other of my friends (they all asian like me) had just left a friends birthday party from Wrights Farm.
Damn them racest cops, if your firend needs the title of the song its Fu*k the poilce by goldfinger.(I know this cause I have there CD, not cause I love the song) Good luck

BTW, I have nothing agaist most cops, just those whoare unfair, and really ****...
Old 01-14-2002, 04:59 PM

Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

If I was informed by the cops initially that he pulled me over for this reason, or tells me later that it was the reason he pulled me over for, then fine, he is doing his job fairly, and not with bias. My friend gonna look for that **** the police song, and he gonna drive by their station playing it, and he's white.
See this is the part I don't get, there's an expired reggie and suddenly the cop was a racist for enforcing the law. That's like saying the cop didn't know I altered my license until I took it out of my wallet. non-sequitir as we say
Old 01-14-2002, 05:06 PM

That's horrible. Did you or any of your friends get his badge number? If so, call a lawyer. That's harrassment. The first thing a police officer is supposed to do is tell you what he/she pulled you over for.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:07 PM

Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu

Damn them racest cops, if your firend needs the title of the song its Fu*k the poilce by goldfinger.(I know this cause I have there CD, not cause I love the song) Good luck

BTW, I have nothing agaist most cops, just those whoare unfair, and really ****...
Whoops I ment Dope- F the police, my bad...
Old 01-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Plead not guilty to the ticket, go talk nice nice to the prosecutor and see if you can get it dropped.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:13 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well I think the question is why pull them over? What are the statistical chance at pulling over 3 asian dudes in a predominately white neighborhood? The officer had no idea the regist was expired until after he pulled them over. So you have to ask yourself why did they get pulled over and not 99.9% of the neighborhood's population?

Racial profiling perhaps?

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

See this is the part I don't get, there's an expired reggie and suddenly the cop was a racist for enforcing the law. That's like saying the cop didn't know I altered my license until I took it out of my wallet. non-sequitir as we say
Old 01-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Welcome to RI peeps. Baller I've been thru that garbage down there. 2 tickets with 2 weeks. First ticket I was driving a brand new Town Car and you know to racists, that don't look right. Second ticket was in my truck. Both were on 95. The second ticket I got, the second statie was trying to pick an argument with my cousin because my cousin asked for his ID back. Damn rookies always trying to act up. Well to make a long story short, when I showed up in court, the cop that tried to pick the fight with my cousin was there and I noticed he looked over at me so I looked at him with a evil look and he turn away all quick like a biotch. I had to pay a reduced ticket but you know what I do when I have to cut thru RI? I get my money's worth in MPH. They all can kiss my a$$.
You would think they would be acting better than that from all of the garbage they've been doing lately and getting caught.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:18 PM

Cops have no right to stop anyone if they were not breaking the law.
Make sure you are CLEAR about this. If this cop had told me upfront this was the reason he pulled me over, then I would have been fine with it, but the fact he profiled me, that is what ticked me off. Let's say I did had a valid reg, I can imagine the excuses or lack of it, that he pulled me over for.

Again, if the cop came, told me I had expired reg, gave me a ticket, said it being towed, I would have been okay. Yet I had to get frisked, he searched my car, and then comes to me, "You know your registration is expired right? I have to write you a ticket for this." Now wtf is that Mr Fontaine!? Please read my statement carefully up above. I bet if I did have a valid reg, would he say like the last time I was pulled over by a cop, "Just makin sure you had a valid registration." Is this a right every cop can do? Pull you over regardless of race, to see if your car had valid registration? Cus that's all they can say if you did nothing wrong, and nothing wrong was what I did.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Unfortunatly, the Police can do pretty much anything they want to. It comes down to your word against his. Who do you think the judge is going to believe. Been there I feel for ya
Old 01-14-2002, 05:28 PM

Well, now I know that if you ever feel uncomfortable with a cop when he pulls you over, you have the right to roll your window up just so its cracked and ask him to get his supervisor out there. Good info people.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Originally posted by Jeff92se

Racial profiling perhaps?

Once my college buddies and I were coming back from Montreal through NYS. North of Lake George US agents set up a mobile road block. Every car and tractor trailer went right through at 5 mph. Our car was stopped and searched, sniffed by dogs. THen they let us on our way. I had to find out why that happened, and I did. Now I'm glad that they were just doing their jobs.

Again, when someone does something wrong, I can't understand how they honestly believe they are the victim. That's like the burglar suing the homeowner because he trips in the front yard as he's making his getaway.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Once my college buddies and I were coming back from Montreal through NYS. North of Lake George US agents set up a mobile road block. Every car and tractor trailer went right through at 5 mph. Our car was stopped and searched, sniffed by dogs. THen they let us on our way. I had to find out why that happened, and I did. Now I'm glad that they were just doing their jobs.

Again, when someone does something wrong, I can't understand how they honestly believe they are the victim. That's like the burglar suing the homeowner because he trips in the front yard as he's making his getaway.
But you have to look at this from the stand point that RI is a "crooked" state from top to bottom.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by deezo
Well, now I know that if you ever feel uncomfortable with a cop when he pulls you over, you have the right to roll your window up just so its cracked and ask him to get his supervisor out there. Good info people.
Deezo: Is this the law in Mass? I think my friend said, now I am not sure, that if they frisk you or search your car, that we have the right to have a witness. He said the police is supposed to flag the next car and get that person as a witness as the cop frisk or searches your car. I think I am a veteran now at being pulled over by cops and all my friends knew the procedure. I am sure you were a veteran way before I was.

Thanks for all the info guys, just another story as the world turns. My friend's bro, the 16 yrs. old said "I am traumatized for life, I ain't never going to Cumberland again." Now he had been pulled over in other people's car before, but the way that cop was talking to him, it took the cake. I can't really describe well the way the cop was yelling at him, but it's not the same politeness that we showed him. When I was working at the Dept. of Corrections, I was often told by officers that did not know me yet to park in the visitors section, so I often had to show them my ID that I was in the right parking lot.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm needing a caw

That's not really the point. And Baller is not really mad about the ticket perse. I would resent being pulled over for absoltely no reason than my race. Do you realize that means we have to be better than the people that don't get racial profiled??

How do you feel about this situation? Ever since Sept 11th, anyone that looks middle eastern get harrased. Hell even a Gov't fbi agent was denied access to a plane flight becuase he looked like a terrorist. On the same token, you don't see every 30-40 white male being harrassed because he looks like Timothy McVeigh right? Or since most of the mass shootings at high schools were done by young white males, you don't see teenage white males being randomly pulled over to see if they are packing a few automatic weapons right? But teenage minority males will get pulled over and checked to see if they have drugs, guns and gang relations correct?

I see what you mean and maybe if everyone was randomly pulled over, it would make sense. But in the real world it's not. Police are humans too and that means they can be racist like everyone else.

And to add, I very,very much doubt the police would normally impound a car just because their registration is just expired. That's just too much. Borderline harassment. Do you really think that would have happened to Mr/Mrs Cleaver Beaver?

Old 01-14-2002, 05:43 PM

I have been frisked twice in RI. Once for just walking down the street in N. Smithfield and the other was in Woonsocket sitting in my car in a parking lot waiting for my friend to get out of a store. I got pulled over alot in RI for absolutely nothing, it's messed up. And all these posts with people that have expired registrations has reminded me to renew mine, which expired in Aug. or 2001. ooops, and my inspection sticker expired in Nov. hahaha.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:45 PM

Deezo: Is this the law in Mass?
I'm not sure but I know a statie was on the evening news telling this to people because there are nuts out there portraying to be cops and you are allowed to tell him/her to get a supervisor out there if they are acting unruley.

People need to understand that cops have a chain of command that can be used by the public. Get the cops badge number and file a report with the department next time.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:46 PM

Frank, "Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? You never understand the words that are coming out of my mouth (In the word of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour)."

Let me put this clearly. If I was pulled over, and he told me upfront that I have expired registration, and gave me a ticket, etc. He was doing his job, and I would have no problem with that.

After he read my registraion and found out that it was expired he told me it was and that he has to write me a ticket for that. Do you understand that? This means he had no reason to pull me over, except to harass me and my friends, check our ids, to see if we had any records, and search my car, now that is WRONG!!!

Now if you don't understand the word coming out of my mouth now, dont bother wasting your reply on this thread. Beleive you me, I have no problems with cops doing there job, I used to work for the State Prison, so I was one of the good ole boys.

Some peepz, just don't understand, is my English that bad? Is my grammar that wack, are there runn-on sentences, is it that difficult to understand what I am trying to say? Sheesh!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by BlkStnValyMaxima
I have been frisked twice in RI. Once for just walking down the street in N. Smithfield and the other was in Woonsocket sitting in my car in a parking lot waiting for my friend to get out of a store. I got pulled over alot in RI for absolutely nothing, it's messed up. And all these posts with people that have expired registrations has reminded me to renew mine, which expired in Aug. or 2001. ooops, and my inspection sticker expired in Nov. hahaha.
Its worse for us out of towners.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by BlkStnValyMaxima
Mike that is still wrong what they did. Were you acting suspiciously or whatever? No, the cops had no reason to do any of that to you. That is bs, unless you gave the cop a reason to, then that is just bs, and us minorities get bs more. I am tired of this bs, and I will go to court and stand up to this. I am not goind to deny my reg was expired, but the fact that it was not the reason I was pulled over for. I will try to make my case. I don't have a job, so a day at court is not going to hurt me. I am going to dress the way I am, not goin to wear a suit and impress the judge or prosecutor. Even if I was dressed nice in a car, I still would have gotten the same treatment, and it's got to stop. Even the guy at the Tow place, said to file a complaint, or take the fine to court.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:58 PM

Sorry to hear about that bro. As in any places, there are bad cops and there are good cops. I have a friend(he's white)who is a cop. He told me that in his own department, there were a few cops that talk boldy about how many "non whites" they could pull over. My friend was disgusted and of course didn't join in with them. I couldn't belive it. It's like a freaking game to them. That's sad, but my friend said those cops were idiots and probably already been fired. He's still a cop, so obviously I'm not going to mention his name or his department.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Frank, "Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?
You've convinced yourself and nobody is gonna tell you othawiz. In PA an ex got a ticket, "driving too fast for conditions." Pretty subjective, huh? I was in the passenger seat--the cop said license and registration, went back to his car, about 10 minutes later handed her the documents and a summons. So in your opinion the cop broke the law or profiled?

Well then, the traffic stop is on video. The camera doesn't have an opinion, it shows what happened, and your plate too.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:15 PM

I guess we can move on to another conversation now. RI is a crooked state (which is known in New England). The cops were wrong and they're know to pick on people in that state. Only people from the area would know this, so the arguments can cease.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:16 PM

OK, Let me clarify a few issues here. I come from a family of cops AND am Maxima owner. First of all I certainly can't say anything about the officers ATTITUDE because obviously I wasn't there, but to knowingly drive around with an expired registration and then act all surprised and angry when you get pulled over is purely ignorant. If you drive around wiht an expired reg, you SHOULD get pulled over.
Secondly, you seem to be under the impression that the officer would only know if your reg is exlpired AFTER he pulled you over for something else. Not the case. 99% of the time you pull someone over because, A) the stickers are visibly expired, or B) you ran the plate (which you can do on any vehicle at any time) and they come back expired.
Again, I'm not saying that maybe he didn't have a bad attitude, because maybe he did, but you took a chance driving wiht no reg and got bagged. Sorry bud, but take some responsibility for YOUR actions.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

You've convinced yourself and nobody is gonna tell you othawiz. In PA an ex got a ticket, "driving too fast for conditions." Pretty subjective, huh? I was in the passenger seat--the cop said license and registration, went back to his car, about 10 minutes later handed her the documents and a summons. So in your opinion the cop broke the law or profiled?

Well then, the traffic stop is on video. The camera doesn't have an opinion, it shows what happened, and your plate too.
Damn you really don't understand English. That is so lame. I don't need to convince myself, I already knew that it was a bs reason to pull me over. I have alot of experiences in these situations where I can distinguish between if the cops had a right to or not. Again, your statement is lame and not needed in this thread. If anybodyelse has an opinion similar to Frank Fontaine, please read my previous post carefully, and I will certainly reply to a non lame response. You have been lame since your first post Frank, I really not need that type of ignant response.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by rossg
OK, Let me clarify a few issues here. I come from a family of cops AND am Maxima owner. First of all I certainly can't say anything about the officers ATTITUDE because obviously I wasn't there, but to knowingly drive around with an expired registration and then act all surprised and angry when you get pulled over is purely ignorant. If you drive around wiht an expired reg, you SHOULD get pulled over.
Secondly, you seem to be under the impression that the officer would only know if your reg is exlpired AFTER he pulled you over for something else. Not the case. 99% of the time you pull someone over because, A) the stickers are visibly expired, or B) you ran the plate (which you can do on any vehicle at any time) and they come back expired.
Again, I'm not saying that maybe he didn't have a bad attitude, because maybe he did, but you took a chance driving wiht no reg and got bagged. Sorry bud, but take some responsibility for YOUR actions.
The cop treated him badly before he knew that the registrations was expired. NEXT!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by rossg
Hey Lurker, since you were so ignant to not read my posts clearly, I said that I would never be upset if he came to me and gave me a ticket for expired registration. For you to call me ignant, that is really pathetic you moron. I was upset at the way it was handled, and how I was profiled. Again, it was at night, man wtf is wrong with yous moronic people, read the damn posts and put up a legitimate response.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:26 PM

Hey Lurker, since you were so ignant to not read my posts clearly, I said that I would never be upset if he came to me and gave me a ticket for expired registration. For you to call me ignant, that is really pathetic you moron. I was upset at the way it was handled, and how I was profiled. Again, it was at night, man wtf is wrong with yous moronic people, read the damn posts and put up a legitimate response.
Well anyone that knows a cop can do no wrong. Hidin' behind the badge when your not a cop. That's lame.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:34 PM

He's right people, he explained everything in his posts, and yet a lot of you are responding as if he didn't already explain the whole thing. So just read everything carefully before you decide to respond and make yourself look like a foolio.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:45 PM
I'm needing a caw

Anyone reading this post? Unfortunately it's too late for some.

Amazing that the snide comments gets replies but the intelligent debate goes ignored.

Baller. You have every right to be upset about the way you were treated. Especially when HE ALREADY ADMITED HE WASN'T UPSET ABOUT THE REGISTRATION! Everyone notice that? Sheesh

Originally posted by for sHo

He's right people, he explained everything in his posts, and yet a lot of you are responding as if he didn't already explain the whole thing. So just read everything carefully before you decide to respond and make yourself look like a foolio.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Anyone reading this post? Unfortunately it's too late for some.

Amazing that the snide comments gets replies but the intelligent debate goes ignored.

Baller. You have every right to be upset about the way you were treated. Especially when HE ALREADY ADMITED HE WASN'T UPSET ABOUT THE REGISTRATION! Everyone notice that? Sheesh

Baller, what happened to you sucks! I wouldn't have wanted to go through that for anythinng. I feel for you bro...

Yeah, some bad cops and some good ones. Yes, racial profiling does exist. No, not all cops use it. Yes, Cops can do their job and still be nice about it. Yes, they can explain things as they go along. No, they aren't required to explain everything. Yes, your attitude goes a long way. Yes, some cops became cops because they have issues with power and authority...

Okay, can we all just get along now?
Old 01-14-2002, 08:08 PM

"i like cops, they are good, well, as long as they arent traffic cops"
Old 01-14-2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by deezo
Welcome to RI peeps. Baller I've been thru that garbage down there. 2 tickets with 2 weeks. First ticket I was driving a brand new Town Car and you know to racists, that don't look right. Second ticket was in my truck. Both were on 95. The second ticket I got, the second statie was trying to pick an argument with my cousin because my cousin asked for his ID back. Damn rookies always trying to act up. Well to make a long story short, when I showed up in court, the cop that tried to pick the fight with my cousin was there and I noticed he looked over at me so I looked at him with a evil look and he turn away all quick like a biotch. I had to pay a reduced ticket but you know what I do when I have to cut thru RI? I get my money's worth in MPH. They all can kiss my a$$.
You would think they would be acting better than that from all of the garbage they've been doing lately and getting caught.
I have lived in R.I. my whole life, I can't even count how many times a cop has been a complete **** to me. The one that takes the cake is when one cranston cop told me: quote: If my partner was not here I would beat the **** out of you and make your head look like a foot ball, I've done it before :quote:. That was the best! I did not give the guy any additute or anything either.. To top it off I am White, I would hate to be a minority in R.I.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:59 PM

Re: It's not a racist thing

Originally posted by Neice Anne
That's just how cops are towards teenagers with expensive cars. You should see how many times I've been pulled over randomly now for BS and not even been given a warning or anything after having my car/bodily orfices searched. The weekend before last they pulled us over, told me my registration didn't register when they pulled my records.. made us all sit with our hands on the trunk for about 30 mins in about 20 degree cold, and searched my car without consent, searched us all, checked our records and let us go with no ticket/warning anything. Then we were driving around for hours and after a while one of my friends noticed we were being followed.. after a few minutes we realized about 4 undercover cops in different cars were all following us and had been since we were pulled over (we remembered seeing them at other locations and not thinking anything of it..) so I feel very raped by my gayass APD as this was not the first time I've been treated like a criminal for no reason. I've already been pulled over for no reason 6 times in the 2 weeks I've had this car!
I agree with you, and others who have legit comment to make. I appreciate it. If I was white, I would be just as mad as I am now, it makes no difference. Cops should'nt envy teenagers with nice cars, they're only human, but that gives them no right to do what they did to you. Me and my buddies too had to stand outside of a porno store in the cold New England Winter for 30 mins, while they checked our records. His excuse was that their computer system was down, in my mind, I was like, sure <sarcasm>. He also said that the **** store called them. I talked to the **** store clerk, my buddy, and he said he did'nt call no cops. I am trying to be fair too, to see if there were something going on earlier that the would give the cops a reason to do that to us. Absolutely nothing! Again, sheet happens to every race, the darker the color band you are, the worst you get. Ain't that a shame.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:12 PM

Cops use to bother me a lot more when I drove a older cars. I have only been harrased once since I bought my 95 max.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:14 PM

sorry to hear about what happend. Stuff like this happens... i dont want to get into stories to take away from this thread, but ive been pulled over in the next town over, and been harassed until the officer looks at my ID and realizes " hey thats so in so's kid". Then theyd say sorry and let me go. I dont want preferential treatment from someone because im so in so's kid, they shouldnt act the way they do in the first place.

just one more..... I got pulled over at SUNY albany once when i met up with SMOKIN96SE - he used to be on the board, we were sitting outside in the parking lot talking and one officer stopped us, didnt ask for ID or anything told him he could go and then said he wanted me to stand with my hands on the hood for 5 mins, then 4 other Cars show up and 5 officers then check my ID and what not.... The worst part was the embarresment.

Next time i meet up with someone from the org i am standing 50 ft from my car....

I wonder what would have happend if your REGI wasnt expired.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by Stillnmax
sorry to hear about what happend. Stuff like this happens... i dont want to get into stories to take away from this thread, but ive been pulled over in the next town over, and been harassed until the officer looks at my ID and realizes " hey thats so in so's kid". Then theyd say sorry and let me go. I dont want preferential treatment from someone because im so in so's kid, they shouldnt act the way they do in the first place.

just one more..... I got pulled over at SUNY albany once when i met up with SMOKIN96SE - he used to be on the board, we were sitting outside in the parking lot talking and one officer stopped us, didnt ask for ID or anything told him he could go and then said he wanted me to stand with my hands on the hood for 5 mins, then 4 other Cars show up and 5 officers then check my ID and what not.... The worst part was the embarresment.

Next time i meet up with someone from the org i am standing 50 ft from my car....

I wonder what would have happend if your REGI wasnt expired.
Probably say my Piaa fogs were too bright, or that it's not foggy and they should not be on, or like the last time, just checking to make sure this car is registered remarks. It happens. I am not mad about the cop having my friends in the back putting their hands on the headrest, that is for their safety, nor I was too upset at them yelling, kinda gets use to it after a while. Really more upset with the fact that he pulled me over for doing nothing, except driving the speed limit in that town. In most cases here, cops had no reason for any of the bs they did. The fact that I did worked for the State at one time, I hope will get the judge to listen to my concerns, and too see if I can file a complaint.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:53 PM

You have modified lights on your car.

You have modified rims on your car.

Your car is subject to the ricer-pick-out.

Some cops just hate modified cars, or more importantly, people who have the money to modify their car. I'd like to hope it wasn't the racial thing but it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that either. Hopefully it was the mod'd car, and even if not, be prepared for it to happen lots. I used to get pulled over, and have the entire vehicle searched 1-2 times a month when I lived in the suburbs because the cops didn't like mod'd cars and had nothing better to ****ing do with their time. It's a little rarer in the city now but it still happens on occasion (last week to me first time since september)
Old 01-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lets clear some things up.
1. Police can stop you even if you're not breaking the law. Its called reasonable suspicion.
2. Cops DO NOT, I'll say this again. DO NOT have to tell you why they stopped you. If you're being placed under arrest they can, but even then dont have to. Once you're arrest report is written up then, you are essentially charged with whatever you are arrested for. At that point they have to tell you. The courts ruled that is acceptable.
3. Just because you have no idea what you were pulled over for does not mean there was the ever popular phrase I see on this board "no reason" or "the police are racist" Give me a break!
4. Take the test, get hired. Then you will be in a position to critique how the Police do their jobs.
5. I love maximas, racing, bikes etc. And yes I''m also a cop. If you got a ton of ridiculous accesories on you're car, dont be surprised when the police stop you. Be discrete when racing etc. Ultimately ,YOU committed the violation. Take responsibility for it and move on.
6. From reading most of the posts on this board, I've come to see that most of you have no idea about what police ofc.'s do and go through everyday. Traffic B.S is about 5% of this job, at least in Chgo. Take the test, do the job for a year and I assure you you will change your views about "the police" .
Anyhow, its a shame I had to make this my first post, Its not the reason I signed on.
Sorry had to laugh at this one, Cops envy people with money to build their cars? where do some of you get these insane ideas?

Quick Reply: Harassed by the cops this past weekend