General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

2002 Altima's rear brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 09:36 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

2002 Altima's rear brakes

OK... same caliper single piston as Maxima? Possible 11.5" rotor with caliper bracket upgrade using existing caliper?
Old 01-18-2002, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

how are you liking you wilwoods??
Old 01-18-2002, 10:46 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by theblue
how are you liking you wilwoods??
Loving them... just having a hard time finding new rims to fit over them...
Old 01-19-2002, 05:58 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

TTT

Where did this thread disappear to?
Old 01-19-2002, 11:43 AM
MAC

yo Chung

hey, its Ming. Long time no talk.

since we're talking wilwood here, thought I'd ask you a few questions.

Does you calipers squeak? I can't get those things to stop squeaking. I've put anti-squeak on the back of the pads twice.

I've also put this stuff on the face of the pads that "soften" the pad compound to stop squeaking. It works for a while till the penatrated pad depth wears off and it starts again. My car sounds like a pos when it does that! drives me crazy!

My brake fluid seems to go black very fast. How many times have you bled the lines since you've had the kit on? My kit has been on for 10k miles and I've had to bleed them twice already. Is this due to the lack of dust shields on the pistons?

Also, I can't seem to get the pedal feel to tighten up. It always feel a tad soft to me, even right after a fresh bleeding.

Is there any other pads available that fits these calipers? The wilwood pads dust like crazy! They also seem to need more warm up time than the porterfields, plus the porterfields dust less. I know you've probably looked into these options. Help a brother out. Thanks.

later.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:22 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Re: yo Chung

Originally posted by MAC
hey, its Ming. Long time no talk.

since we're talking wilwood here, thought I'd ask you a few questions.

Does you calipers squeak? I can't get those things to stop squeaking. I've put anti-squeak on the back of the pads twice.

I've also put this stuff on the face of the pads that "soften" the pad compound to stop squeaking. It works for a while till the penatrated pad depth wears off and it starts again. My car sounds like a pos when it does that! drives me crazy!

My brake fluid seems to go black very fast. How many times have you bled the lines since you've had the kit on? My kit has been on for 10k miles and I've had to bleed them twice already. Is this due to the lack of dust shields on the pistons?

Also, I can't seem to get the pedal feel to tighten up. It always feel a tad soft to me, even right after a fresh bleeding.

Is there any other pads available that fits these calipers? The wilwood pads dust like crazy! They also seem to need more warm up time than the porterfields, plus the porterfields dust less. I know you've probably looked into these options. Help a brother out. Thanks.

later.
Hi Ming,

My squeeling went away after about 1K miles... they occasionally squeel but that because something gets caught in there... a good hosing down (while cool) during car washes gets rid of it.

Yes, the Polymatrix D does dust alot... same solution... car washes

They do offer other compounds (both from Wilwood and I believe aftermarket to fit Wilwood Superlite calipers...EBC?) Warm up isn't too bad with the D's.

I haven't had to bleed the brakes since installation... I never checked the brake fluid color honestly. My pedal feel is pretty firm now.

If you have other questions... email me