General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Front Lip: Yay or Nay ? Already set to go...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 03:15 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Front Lip: Yay or Nay ? Already set to go...

I just got my front lip painted (Professionally Jeff ) It looks 10x better than my paint job...

anyways, I really like the way my max looks right now. I know from the front the lip will look tight. But I think it might look too uneven from side views and stuff.

Also I am gonna scrape that bish up like mad. Construction around my neighborhood = screwed up roads, and the slanted driveway.

But I want to get yalls opinions on it. I am set to put it on tonite if I get enough positive reasons.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

Haha! I knew you take my advice!

Well I don't know what your options are. Wait until the contruction is done?

Why don't you think it will match the sides? Color match?? I don't get it.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Haha! I knew you take my advice!

Well I don't know what your options are. Wait until the contruction is done?

Why don't you think it will match the sides? Color match?? I don't get it.

By matching I mean the front will now appear lower and uneaven with the rest of the car (without the side skirts and rears)

I am in a dilimma.

I mean my car looks good now and I dont wanna screw it up. What are your opinions on Maxi's with just the front lip. I donno what to think anymore
Old 01-18-2002, 03:26 PM
I'm needing a caw

Craig, you are always confused.

I think the lip will look really good by itself. It's not like it's some big mouth front airdam or something. If that's what holding you back, I say put the ***** on man!

Originally posted by Craig Mack

By matching I mean the front will now appear lower and uneaven with the rest of the car (without the side skirts and rears)

I am in a dilimma.

I mean my car looks good now and I dont wanna screw it up. What are your opinions on Maxi's with just the front lip. I donno what to think anymore
Old 01-18-2002, 03:31 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

How do you know that you will scrape? Do you have springs on your car? I have my lip sitting in my bedroom right now. I will put it on when the winter is over..I think it look nice with just the lip but would look better with the whole but cost too much... how much did they charge you for painting the lip? includes installation?
Old 01-18-2002, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Craig, you are always confused.

I think the lip will look really good by itself. It's not like it's some big mouth front airdam or something. If that's what holding you back, I say put the ***** on man!

I am damnet.

You are right its not some big air damn like the hon-duh's have. And its a black car so it would blend in.

Jeffrey I am gonna put that bird on, and then get some pics

That is after my other major upgrades get put on

Everyone else: Don't let this stop you becuase Jeff rarely doesn't have the right answer. If you want to express your opinion (except sprintmax) by all means I'm all ears.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:33 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I wanna see pictures of your ride, so I at least have a benchmark to shoot for.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by amixam98
How do you know that you will scrape? Do you have springs on your car? I have my lip sitting in my bedroom right now. I will put it on when the winter is over..I think it look nice with just the lip but would look better with the whole but cost too much... how much did they charge you for painting the lip? includes installation?
Yea I have B&G's on stock struts with Red calipers

And those stock struts arent the tightest in the world so I bounce pretty well on harsh road divits.

It cost me $20 for my wasted paint thinking I could do it myself.

It cost $67.50 for the Body shop to paint it all shiny. I dont know about installation becuase i'm doin it myself. Just pick up some 3M tape and the bolts are under your car and your set. It shouldn't be hard at all.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
I wanna see pictures of your ride, so I at least have a benchmark to shoot for.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I just got done painting my front lip myself. How exactly did you screw it up? I went to the auto store and bought paint the is specifically made to paint bumpers. It has a flex agent in it. I bought the primer and paint. My car is black like yours. It took me about 1.5 hours from start to finish and it looks awesome. I'm quite impressed with myself (I usually screw everything up the first go around). I had the front lip on my car since March WITHOUT paint. Not until recently did it start looking bad. $20 later and all is good.

The Maxima looks plenty good with the front lip. When it's painted, it looks factory.

Dave
Old 01-18-2002, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
I just got done painting my front lip myself. How exactly did you screw it up? I went to the auto store and bought paint the is specifically made to paint bumpers. It has a flex agent in it. I bought the primer and paint. My car is black like yours. It took me about 1.5 hours from start to finish and it looks awesome. I'm quite impressed with myself (I usually screw everything up the first go around). I had the front lip on my car since March WITHOUT paint. Not until recently did it start looking bad. $20 later and all is good.

The Maxima looks plenty good with the front lip. When it's painted, it looks factory.

Dave
Did you wet sand it ? Mine looks pretty good but it was too much like spray paint. Looked good until I put it up against my hood. But I recently got in an accident and got a brand new bumper/hood so my paint looks brand new.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:35 PM
i SeE what you did therE

are you gonna scrape? yes.. sometimes...

lowered and with a front lip..... damn right you are gonna scrape.. sometimes.

i scrape all the time... not too bad...though

the wife went to GA and she bottomed out badly... it stressed fractured the paint and now it is all chippin/peelin off.... i need to get it repainted... but i am gonna wait till i get the rest of the kit!!!
Old 01-18-2002, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
are you gonna scrape? yes.. sometimes...

lowered and with a front lip..... damn right you are gonna scrape.. sometimes.

i scrape all the time... not too bad...though

the wife went to GA and she bottomed out badly... it stressed fractured the paint and now it is all chippin/peelin off.... i need to get it repainted... but i am gonna wait till i get the rest of the kit!!!)
You know whats the worst ? At stop lights or stop signs when there is that gutter dip or hill and u gotta go down and its an akward angle and smacking is almost unavoidable! I have a feeling i'm gonna have some fun times with my lip
Old 01-18-2002, 11:00 PM

Re: Front Lip: Yay or Nay ? Already set to go...

Craig Mack

I'd save up some more and get sides and rears too .... got to look good all round dude!

Old 01-19-2002, 12:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Dave B

Dave
Thank you!! another self painter. you stink craig =)