General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

sub frame review

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 08:20 AM

sub frame review

well just had the sub frames put in. went to arkanas to see Dallas at WSP. well he took care of me, did stage 1 and stage 2 sub frames. they even added more braces to the original for me. most of the parts where custom made to give my car more ground clearance. after it was finished i had plenty of ground clearance. took the car for a test drive and the difference is noticeable right away. mostly all of the body roll is eliminated. the bouncing affect after hitting a bump in the road is gone. the car hits the bump and come right down to the ground. around turns the car stay nicely stuck to the ground. quick turning and cornering is a lot easier and the car does not lift but you better hold on to the wheel. you turn hard enough and the it will try to put you in the passenger seat. overall, i am very impressed with the results. they are the only ones that offer this upgrade and it isn't that expensive either. last thing, i also had them built me a new exhaust system for my are. it came out great. it still is a bit loud but thati s the way it was before. the put in there new y-pipe and a hi-flow cat, both 2.5 in. also i believe that i now am the only one with a mandrel bend exhaust system that is 3.0 in. may full cat back is 3.0 in. there is defenitely a difference in power. i can not get the car to stop spinning the wheels. it spins all the way through 1st and into 2nd. well either of the products are worth it. i drove from Chicago to get this done and i am glad i did. well give Dallas a call if your interested. also i will try to post pics. peace.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:43 AM

Re: sub frame review

Originally posted by furbiss112
well just had the sub frames put in. went to arkanas to see Dallas at WSP. well he took care of me, did stage 1 and stage 2 sub frames. they even added more braces to the original for me. most of the parts where custom made to give my car more ground clearance. after it was finished i had plenty of ground clearance. took the car for a test drive and the difference is noticeable right away. mostly all of the body roll is eliminated. the bouncing affect after hitting a bump in the road is gone. the car hits the bump and come right down to the ground. around turns the car stay nicely stuck to the ground. quick turning and cornering is a lot easier and the car does not lift but you better hold on to the wheel. you turn hard enough and the it will try to put you in the passenger seat. overall, i am very impressed with the results. they are the only ones that offer this upgrade and it isn't that expensive either. last thing, i also had them built me a new exhaust system for my are. it came out great. it still is a bit loud but thati s the way it was before. the put in there new y-pipe and a hi-flow cat, both 2.5 in. also i believe that i now am the only one with a mandrel bend exhaust system that is 3.0 in. may full cat back is 3.0 in. there is defenitely a difference in power. i can not get the car to stop spinning the wheels. it spins all the way through 1st and into 2nd. well either of the products are worth it. i drove from Chicago to get this done and i am glad i did. well give Dallas a call if your interested. also i will try to post pics. peace.
Sweet! Warpspeed kicks a$$! You got a new y-pipe, and catback at the same time? You must have noticed a really big difference from before you went in!

DPW
Old 01-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Administrator

you are not the only one with a full mandrel bent 3 inch full exhaust system
Old 01-25-2002, 10:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thomas has 3" but I'm not sure if it's mandrel.... I would assume that it is
-hype
Old 01-25-2002, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by xHypex
Thomas has 3" but I'm not sure if it's mandrel.... I would assume that it is
-hype
You know what happens when you "assume"

Old 01-25-2002, 09:48 PM

does it matter if he has 3" or not? haha... it all comes down to Thomas kicking ***