General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Extended Warranty purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Extended Warranty purchase

Good day,

I am in the process of purchasing my 2nd Maxima, a 2016 SL. I need to put an Nissan extended warranty on the car as I will be putting HEAVY mileage on it, and need the comfort of knowing that when I travel extensively I will be covered at any Nissan dealership throughout North America, period.

I would REALLY appreciate your feedback as to the BEST, MOST COST ADVANTAGEOUS place to buy my Gold Security Plus warranty.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks again to all...
Old 10-18-2015, 12:28 PM

If you like to do your own oil changes and other maintenance, check with the seller and see if do-it-your-self maintenance qualifies. I was going to get an extended warranty (not through Nissan) a few years back and found out that self maintenance did not qualify as maintenance being done. All maintenance had to be done by a business.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
If you like to do your own oil changes and other maintenance, check with the seller and see if do-it-your-self maintenance qualifies. I was going to get an extended warranty (not through Nissan) a few years back and found out that self maintenance did not qualify as maintenance being done. All maintenance had to be done by a business.
Thank you for the heads-up. My Nissan dealer says they do not sell Nissan warranties, they only sell their warranty (supposedly they own half-ownership in a warranty company) which is supposedly good for all over N America.

Frankly, I don't trust it. If they go out of business, declare bankruptcy, etc, I've spent $1700 for a warranty and have nothing to show for it...I prefer the Nissan warranty as the best option for my Maxima.

I've seen Santa Rosa has some GREAT prices, but everywhere I look its really, really bad customer service. Anyone have any other places to check, that maybe even perhaps price-match Santa Rosa Nissan in CA?