General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Re: Infitini leather vs Nissan leather

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 11:47 AM

Re: Infitini leather vs Nissan leather

someone posted not too long ago asking about infiniti leather compared to nissan leather. people said that they would expect infinit leather to be better than nissan and i agreed with that. but today in class i was dreaming about my car and i was thinking....im getting a Nissan Maxima with leather and my roommate just got a 2002 Infiniti G20 with leather. i love the inside of his car and i hope that my car will be like that. however that previous thread came to mind and i wondered about this:
even though my car costs about $8,0000 more than his will he still have nicer leather than me? as much as i dont want it to be true, i really doubt infiniti would use different leather in their different model cars. but what do you think? i would expect a $60,000 Q45 to have better leather than a $29,000 Maxima but im hoping a $21,000 G20 doesnt. i want my car to be as sweet as his if not more. not as a competition or anything. i just love the inside of his car.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:57 PM

Re: Re: Infitini leather vs Nissan leather

Originally posted by Newman96SE
someone posted not too long ago asking about infiniti leather compared to nissan leather. people said that they would expect infinit leather to be better than nissan and i agreed with that. but today in class i was dreaming about my car and i was thinking....im getting a Nissan Maxima with leather and my roommate just got a 2002 Infiniti G20 with leather. i love the inside of his car and i hope that my car will be like that. however that previous thread came to mind and i wondered about this:
even though my car costs about $8,0000 more than his will he still have nicer leather than me? as much as i dont want it to be true, i really doubt infiniti would use different leather in their different model cars. but what do you think? i would expect a $60,000 Q45 to have better leather than a $29,000 Maxima but im hoping a $21,000 G20 doesnt. i want my car to be as sweet as his if not more. not as a competition or anything. i just love the inside of his car.
I would tend to believe that if you were comparing the same years of Maxima's / Infinity that they would be the same leather. I dont know for sure but just figure to save costs thats how it would work out.

SuDZ
Old 02-01-2002, 09:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Infitini leather vs Nissan leather

Originally posted by SuDZ

I would tend to believe that if you were comparing the same years of Maxima's / Infinity that they would be the same leather. I dont know for sure but just figure to save costs thats how it would work out.

SuDZ
this is the thread i was talking about:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=94319
most people seemed to think that since its "Infiniti" the leather would be higher quality. makes sense. but i want peoples' thoughts about what i said. a Q45 vs Maxima vs G20
Old 02-02-2002, 10:39 PM

So I don't know this for sure, but the infinities may have full leather seats compared to the maximas that only have leather seating surfaces.