General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

UPRD ECU for 95/96/97 Group Buy has STARTED.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 11:46 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Hey guys. ok. well, since last time we ran out of time to dyno Nabil's car at the Dynojet place, and UPRD's big boss decided that one dyno (for my car) was enough to show gains especially when the gains were on a car that's not suppose to even use a 96 ECU... i know i know, i would have like to see Nabil's dynojet readings, but, we'll have to just go on what we have done in the past and what we have now. SO, i'm telling you now, UPRD wants to get the deal moving. like as of this week, they want to push out orders.

BUT. we need 25 orders for us to get the lowest group deal of $425.00. We have 15 people right now, so we'll need at least 10 more.

Here are the past Clayton and Dynojet readings again, if you dont know what's been going on.
http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%201.jpg
http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%202.jpg
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/%7Efarhana/BaseandUPRD1.jpg
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/%7Efarhana/BaseandUPRD2.jpg

gains for MY CAR were around 15 hp peak, and 5 hp on the top end.
97 users will need to swap out the rear o2 sensor to that of a 96 model year rear o2 sensor because of a trip in the check engine lite, but that is the only problem so far. no pinging no knocking, everything is all good..

So how are you going to do this you ask? well. for 95 & 96 users, you can have the option of sending in your ecu FedEX next day air, they'll mod the ecu and send it back next-day air, so a turn around of 2-3 days. for 97 users. you'll have to find a 96 SE ecu to mod it. so you CAN'T find one at a local junk yard, contact me. i will be getting ecus from a local junkyard for you. but the dealer there is kinda shady, so expect $150-175.00 ADDITIONALif you would like to purchase the ECU from that junkyard.. more like you send the money for the ecu to me, i go get it for you.

OK. here's the important part, i need this info from you to start...

Name: First and Last
Shipping Address:
City, State, ZIP
email * MUST SEND THIS*
day/evening phone *must send this*
payment method: Money Order/Cashiers check or Plastic.
and Your year maxima either a 95, 96, or 97
and what Transmission type: either Automatic or 5spd.

THIS GROUP DEAL IS FOR 1995-1997 MAXIMAS ONLY. THIS WILL NOT WORK ON A 98/99/00/01 Maxima. sorry.

OK. so. if you want to order, PLEASE SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. IF YOU SEND ME QUESTIONS TO MY EMAIL I WILL NOT ANSWER. MOST QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED HERE:
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~cchiu1/uprd.html

these are the following orders i've gotten so far, and a few other that are on hold...
Adam Alvarez
Brett Goldman
Clint Ratliff
Ethan Pray
jason ittel
justin gadlage
lawrence weekes
liem nguyen
matthew Pelto
Rob Hall
robert grundy
Ken Morikawa

For those with SUPERCHARGERS. special programming is available upon request and may cost extra (i.e. raising the rev limiter)

PLEASE EMAIL ALL ORDERS to: <a href="mailto:cheston@seas.ucla.edu"> Cheston </a>
again SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!

thanks and if you have questions check out my site and goto the uprd link.

Old 11-14-2000, 02:06 PM

Great job Cheston. Hope 10 more people wise up and find some cash before the group deal is over. If I want UPRD to raise the rev limiter on my ECU how much extra is that? Also is it worth it if I am going to keep my car NA?
Old 11-14-2000, 04:50 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

what's an ecu?

:
Old 11-14-2000, 04:57 PM

Any idea on upgrades for 98s? Just curious as to why that ain't offered yet. I haven't heard of the latest scoop. thanks

Old 11-14-2000, 05:55 PM
DOM

So I guess there is nothing that can be done with a 2k
Old 11-14-2000, 10:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

CHEBOSTO!!!!

PLEASE RESPOND TO QUESTIONS IN OTHER THREAD, THEY WERE NOT ALL ANSWERED IN YOUR LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!

Particularly, will Nissan be able to detect anything if i go in for warrenty repair???????????? etc.

Originally posted by Chebosto
Hey guys. ok. well, since last time we ran out of time to dyno Nabil's car at the Dynojet place, and UPRD's big boss decided that one dyno (for my car) was enough to show gains especially when the gains were on a car that's not suppose to even use a 96 ECU... i know i know, i would have like to see Nabil's dynojet readings, but, we'll have to just go on what we have done in the past and what we have now. SO, i'm telling you now, UPRD wants to get the deal moving. like as of this week, they want to push out orders.

BUT. we need 25 orders for us to get the lowest group deal of $425.00. We have 15 people right now, so we'll need at least 10 more.

Here are the past Clayton and Dynojet readings again, if you dont know what's been going on.
http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%201.jpg
http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%202.jpg
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/%7Efarhana/BaseandUPRD1.jpg
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/%7Efarhana/BaseandUPRD2.jpg

gains for MY CAR were around 15 hp peak, and 5 hp on the top end.
97 users will need to swap out the rear o2 sensor to that of a 96 model year rear o2 sensor because of a trip in the check engine lite, but that is the only problem so far. no pinging no knocking, everything is all good..

So how are you going to do this you ask? well. for 95 & 96 users, you can have the option of sending in your ecu FedEX next day air, they'll mod the ecu and send it back next-day air, so a turn around of 2-3 days. for 97 users. you'll have to find a 96 SE ecu to mod it. so you CAN'T find one at a local junk yard, contact me. i will be getting ecus from a local junkyard for you. but the dealer there is kinda shady, so expect $150-175.00 ADDITIONALif you would like to purchase the ECU from that junkyard.. more like you send the money for the ecu to me, i go get it for you.

OK. here's the important part, i need this info from you to start...

Name: First and Last
Shipping Address:
City, State, ZIP
email * MUST SEND THIS*
day/evening phone *must send this*
payment method: Money Order/Cashiers check or Plastic.
and Your year maxima either a 95, 96, or 97
and what Transmission type: either Automatic or 5spd.

THIS GROUP DEAL IS FOR 1995-1997 MAXIMAS ONLY. THIS WILL NOT WORK ON A 98/99/00/01 Maxima. sorry.

OK. so. if you want to order, PLEASE SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. IF YOU SEND ME QUESTIONS TO MY EMAIL I WILL NOT ANSWER. MOST QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED HERE:
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~cchiu1/uprd.html

these are the following orders i've gotten so far, and a few other that are on hold...
Adam Alvarez
Brett Goldman
Clint Ratliff
Ethan Pray
jason ittel
justin gadlage
lawrence weekes
liem nguyen
matthew Pelto
Rob Hall
robert grundy
Ken Morikawa

For those with SUPERCHARGERS. special programming is available upon request and may cost extra (i.e. raising the rev limiter)

PLEASE EMAIL ALL ORDERS to: <a href="mailto:cheston@seas.ucla.edu"> Cheston </a>
again SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!!!!!!!!

thanks and if you have questions check out my site and goto the uprd link.

Old 11-14-2000, 11:00 PM

Prodeje79

I do not see it possible that Nissan would ever find it,all it is is a chip that is soddered internaly,So there is no way in hell they could visualy see it,so the answer is no.So ordore it so I will get mine cheaper.

Cheston for whatever reason I am sure you won't anwer these questions but I do not know UPRD's phone # or address to ship my ECM too,I guess I will have to double check your site for info but when I browsed through I did not see it anywere,and one other question is if I send my ECM out on Monday which I most likely will do as long as I find out were I am sending it too,what I was wondering is will I have to pay $475 since only 15 people sighned up so far or should I wait to see if we can get a few more people to sign up so the price will drop to $425?
Also If I paid $475 now and then latter on more people sign up and they get it for only $425 will UPRD reinberse me?Thanks for any helf Cheston Peace out.PS thanks again for for makeing this possible.
Old 11-14-2000, 11:08 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Re: Prodeje79

hey. my bad. i wasnt ignoring them. just got back from studying in the library! sheeesh!

as for warranty voiding: most 95s and 96 are already past their initial 36000 or 3 year warranty so.. its all good. if your worried about it, say you have an exteneded warranty, then you can opt to buy a separate ecu for this mod.
UPRD's contact info can be seen at UPRD.com

as for the pricing. yes. i think we'll be doing the pay now and get credit later if we do hit over 25 people.. so price as of today is $475 + shipping.

turn around time, like i said, depends on how fast you send your ECM in.. i.e. fed ex.. i suggest PACKING THAT ECU WITH AT LEAST TWO INCHES OF PADDING EACH SIDE if you plan on sending it in.. if you're ordering a separate ecu thru me or thru your local junkyard, then all good.

sorry for the neglect, school comes first. then kaori. then the max..

serious orders/emails should be sent to my ucla account (cheston@seas.ucla.edu)

questions that cannot be answered thru my homepage can be addressed to Chebosto@hotmail.com

please. read b4 u ask. thanks alot. i get tons of email on this.. so...

thanks again.

ps. i am NOT getting paid by UPRD to push this product. this is all personal time on this project and i just think this mod is really cool, esp when it's significantly cheaper than JWT's ECU..

Originally posted by emax95
I do not see it possible that Nissan would ever find it,all it is is a chip that is soddered internaly,So there is no way in hell they could visualy see it,so the answer is no.So ordore it so I will get mine cheaper.

Cheston for whatever reason I am sure you won't anwer these questions but I do not know UPRD's phone # or address to ship my ECM too,I guess I will have to double check your site for info but when I browsed through I did not see it anywere,and one other question is if I send my ECM out on Monday which I most likely will do as long as I find out were I am sending it too,what I was wondering is will I have to pay $475 since only 15 people sighned up so far or should I wait to see if we can get a few more people to sign up so the price will drop to $425?
Also If I paid $475 now and then latter on more people sign up and they get it for only $425 will UPRD reinberse me?Thanks for any helf Cheston Peace out.PS thanks again for for makeing this possible.
Old 11-15-2000, 08:00 AM

Chebosto one more thing........

I would like a little more detail.

I have a full blown bumper to bumper extended warrenty until 101K. Will Nissan be able to detect the ECU during Diasgnostics or any other device they might use?

EXACTLY what will I need to do with my 97 5 speed.
I know I want another ECU.
So if I don't find a 96 SE ECU, you will get one. Where is the ECU located, will a junk yard know what I am talking about, if not i need to know how to get it?
What exactly do I need to alter on my 97, you mentioned the O2 sensors need to be from a 96 ,right? so where and how many of these do I need? Do I have my motorsports shop install this ECU, or is this something I can easily do? If not, how much labor should I be charged?

Originally posted by Chebosto
hey. my bad. i wasnt ignoring them. just got back from studying in the library! sheeesh!

as for warranty voiding: most 95s and 96 are already past their initial 36000 or 3 year warranty so.. its all good. if your worried about it, say you have an exteneded warranty, then you can opt to buy a separate ecu for this mod.
UPRD's contact info can be seen at UPRD.com

as for the pricing. yes. i think we'll be doing the pay now and get credit later if we do hit over 25 people.. so price as of today is $475 + shipping.

turn around time, like i said, depends on how fast you send your ECM in.. i.e. fed ex.. i suggest PACKING THAT ECU WITH AT LEAST TWO INCHES OF PADDING EACH SIDE if you plan on sending it in.. if you're ordering a separate ecu thru me or thru your local junkyard, then all good.

sorry for the neglect, school comes first. then kaori. then the max..

serious orders/emails should be sent to my ucla account (cheston@seas.ucla.edu)

questions that cannot be answered thru my homepage can be addressed to Chebosto@hotmail.com

please. read b4 u ask. thanks alot. i get tons of email on this.. so...

thanks again.

ps. i am NOT getting paid by UPRD to push this product. this is all personal time on this project and i just think this mod is really cool, esp when it's significantly cheaper than JWT's ECU..

Originally posted by emax95

Old 11-15-2000, 04:07 PM

Find someone with a CONSULT. Or get friendly with your service guys.

Then try it.

I know JWT's ECUs read as stock or sufficiently close to stock that no one has figured it out as far as I know, but I don't know about UPRD.
Old 11-15-2000, 05:30 PM

People on Cheston's list and count down........

How many people on the list are automatics and how many are 5spds? Also, I am on the list and will be sending in my ECU fairly soon, and will be posting the results that I see. I would recommend that everyone that gets one to testify to its benefits so we can get more people on this group deal. $425 with free shipping looks better than $475+shipping. So when you join the deal let us know and when you get your UPRD ECU installed give your personal account of the gains. 10 and counting down, has anyone else joined?????
Old 11-15-2000, 06:04 PM

I'm definately getting the ecu, but there are some thigs I need to know first. does this remove the rev limiter an dthe speed limiter and how do I remove the stock ecu, where is it located??
Old 11-15-2000, 06:09 PM

To remove the ECU go to http://www.maximadriver.com and to the HOW2 section. The UPRD ECU should remove the rev limiter, but if you have an SE you shouldn't have one anyway.
Originally posted by jmax1
I'm definately getting the ecu, but there are some thigs I need to know first. does this remove the rev limiter an dthe speed limiter and how do I remove the stock ecu, where is it located??
Old 11-16-2000, 09:26 AM

Do NA mods matter to the ECU programming???????

If I keep my car NA does it matter to the programming of the ECU, or will the ECU self adjust to things like exhaust mods and a UDP???? Anyone know>>>>>