General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!? everyones ditching the maxima?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 10:57 AM

n\

just to clear a couple thhings up Wong..I didn't say anything about the schools
i've taken...I WORK for Skip Barber as a mechanic... so yes though I have done every program they have countless times, Vipers and the formula cars.I have thousands of miles of track time in the formla cars at all our tracks here in Fl. and hundreds of mies at tracks around the country..(part of the benefits of being an under paid mechanic).. what I was saying if hone your skills, particully on a track where you can really drive a car at the limits 100% of the time a good driver can still be much faster than others, even so called muscle cars, even with some initial understeering FWD..the Maxima acually does trail-brakig rotation very beautifully, which makes fast exits with the FWD even better...BTW we use neons to teach some skills before we let people jump into the formula cars..they perform very respectable on any road course... and as far as bikes go.. I've raced amatuer motocross for 15+ years, besides owning some kinda quick street bikes also F3, GSX-R 600, R6 , and now a 01' GSX-R 750..soon to be gone fr the 1000 version..I've had some of those on track also, and done some of the Penguin road racing school..again I don't think you really know how to ride till you can control trail-brake cornering with the rear wheel just barely dancing on the road as you enter a hard braking 150 to 50 mph corner.. but maybe you've honed skills like that without any pro training on your own on the street.. I don't claim to be the best driver around..once you truley get involved in racing you actually see how much talent there is out there.. but I have probally a little more experience than m Max may suggest.. besides Skip Barber, some time in Panoz racing school cars, the Racing Experience WC cars at Daytona, Talledega, Nazareth, some SCCA IT racing, Skip Barber's regional formula race series, some time in the Barber Dodge pro series cars, ( a true open wheel race car ) , and hopefully next seasona few speedvision world challenge touring races........... so you may very well be a good driver, but even with my motocross experience and steet bikes I thought I was something when I first came to work at the racing school.. did I get humbled real quick... your comment about a monkey with practice being able to be consistenty fast on a road course tends to make me think you never been on a road course and don't know muchh about road racing.... but I could be wrong and yes I did have fn with my american cars,.. in astraight line aceelerating..live axle sucks and the brakes not too good either.. rattles.. no room.. always eyed by cops...some of the reasons I won't own cars like that anymore unless I can afford like 4 steet cars a couple of bikes and still can keep a race car..all the trade- offs not worth it to me for a second or 2 here and there..but lke you said you are jus a young pup.. you probally enjoy the crappy ride, skittering live axle, cramped quaters, and bad attitudes from the popo...personally only way i'll put up with those attributes (exept live axle) is in an open wheel race car... My 96 with 99 Kmiles don't have a single rattle..and I'm originally from Ct. horrible roads there and in RI, Ma, NY.. I'm sorry guy but every car make and model has a few crappy examples floating around....so good luck in your search for the perfect car, just have fun with whatever you get, and if you ever decide to take a Skip Barber school shoot me a message, we go to great tracks and sometimes have some pretty popular pro racers for instuctors, when they have the time, sometimes I can find out the big names ahead of time...good luck bro...
Old 02-09-2002, 11:27 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: n\

Originally posted by roggie93ser96se
That has got to be one of the longest...

I have been signed up to go to skip barber racing school for a few months now! my sister went...I get to drive the Viper! Woohoo!