General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Looking to join the family

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 05:35 AM
jdl75

Looking to join the family

I'm selling my Accord (2001 EX-V6) and looking to take advantage of the offers available on the Max. My dad loves his 2000 SE, and has owned two other Nissan's (300ZX's). I test-drove the 2002 SE 6-spd on 2/6 and fell in love. What a ride!

My problem: In 1999 I bought a 2000 TL because I couldn't find an honest Nissan dealer in Cincinnati. In 2001 I bought the Accord because I couldn't find an honest Nissan dealer in Cincinnati. I'm determined to get this 2k2SE 6spd, but I need a decent dealer. Does anyone know a good dealer or sales person in Cincinnati (I'm willing to drive to Louisville, Columbus, Dayton or Indianapolis if I must)? HELP!

Old 02-08-2002, 05:42 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

hehehe.

Another Honda driver turning to the dark side

My 2001 Accord EX V6 (sedan) was totalled and I just picked up a 99 Maxima 5spd as the replacement car.

err...I'm not anywhere near Ohio, but good luck. You might try some Internet car shops too like www.carsdirect.com and www.autobytel.com Use the links from www.edmunds.com and try some of their Internet car-buying affiliates too.

The Internet may be your best friend for this search.

I found my mint-condition 99 Maxima that I just picked up on Monday via AutoTrader.com and got an excellent minimal-haggle price. That's for used cars though, but the Internet is an excellent tool to use for car buying

Good luck
Old 02-08-2002, 06:29 AM

Hey, if you don't have any luck in Cincy, go up to Buckeye Nissan in Columbus (west side, right off I-270). That's where I got my first Altima back in 1994. Ricart pissed me off, Nissan North pissed me off, and I went to Buckeye and they made my deal in about 5 minutes. Also liked Lancaster Nissan (got my first new car, a Sentra XE, there in 1992), but that's a little more out of the way for you.

I grew up in Cincy all my life, but never bought a Nissan there so I can't help you much locally. Moved to Cols after college for a couple years and now I live out near DC. Good luck! If you can get past the dealership experience, you won't regret getting the car!
Old 02-08-2002, 06:46 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Looking to join the family

Originally posted by jdl75
I'm selling my Accord (2001 EX-V6) and looking to take advantage of the offers available on the Max. My dad loves his 2000 SE, and has owned two other Nissan's (300ZX's). I test-drove the 2002 SE 6-spd on 2/6 and fell in love. What a ride!

My problem: In 1999 I bought a 2000 TL because I couldn't find an honest Nissan dealer in Cincinnati. In 2001 I bought the Accord because I couldn't find an honest Nissan dealer in Cincinnati. I'm determined to get this 2k2SE 6spd, but I need a decent dealer. Does anyone know a good dealer or sales person in Cincinnati (I'm willing to drive to Louisville, Columbus, Dayton or Indianapolis if I must)? HELP!
I got mine at Kings, but only did email solicitation because of the constant run around at most dealers. The one thing that was a pain in my *ahem* was the marketing fee. They went to invoice almost immediately (I got mine late Feb last year and they were trying to make a "quota" so we skipped most of the BS) Eventually he fudged the numbers enough that I paid what I wanted for the car. Where he hid the 595 I'll never know. But the end price did go down by 595 before I eventually purchased the car.

Just dont EVER get it serviced at Bausam(Tri-County). The most sneaky, dishonest, lying individuals I have ever seen. Tried to charge my friend like 250 to fix an "electrical" problem because it "got wet". I checked here and bill99gxe told me how to reset a computer using the door switch and she never had the problem again.

If you have anymore q's let me know. My buddy and I both have purchased in the area and have been to most dealers for service/sales.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:30 AM
jdl75

Re: Re: Looking to join the family

Originally posted by Colonel

I got mine at Kings, but only did email solicitation because of the constant run around at most dealers. The one thing that was a pain in my *ahem* was the marketing fee. They went to invoice almost immediately (I got mine late Feb last year and they were trying to make a "quota" so we skipped most of the BS) Eventually he fudged the numbers enough that I paid what I wanted for the car. Where he hid the 595 I'll never know. But the end price did go down by 595 before I eventually purchased the car.

Just dont EVER get it serviced at Bausam(Tri-County). The most sneaky, dishonest, lying individuals I have ever seen. Tried to charge my friend like 250 to fix an "electrical" problem because it "got wet". I checked here and bill99gxe told me how to reset a computer using the door switch and she never had the problem again.

If you have anymore q's let me know. My buddy and I both have purchased in the area and have been to most dealers for service/sales.
All - thanks for the info!

Colonel - Do you remember your salespersons name? I'd like to deal with someone that knows how to skip the bull. Interesting about your dealings with Bausam - I tried to buy a 2001 Max there when I got my Accord; dealt with Ron Locher (sales mgr), and the guy was a little shady - paraded 3 other people in front of me, I finally left with him following me out the door making stupid offers. The breaking point, interestingly enough, was the marketing fee. I wouldn't pay it.

Have you dealt with Weiler or Sweeney?

Old 02-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Re: Re: Looking to join the family

Originally posted by jdl75

All - thanks for the info!

Colonel - Do you remember your salespersons name? I'd like to deal with someone that knows how to skip the bull. Interesting about your dealings with Bausam - I tried to buy a 2001 Max there when I got my Accord; dealt with Ron Locher (sales mgr), and the guy was a little shady - paraded 3 other people in front of me, I finally left with him following me out the door making stupid offers. The breaking point, interestingly enough, was the marketing fee. I wouldn't pay it.

Have you dealt with Weiler or Sweeney?
Dont have the name here, I will check once I go home. Should look at the Christmas card he sent...bought it in Feb 01 got a card Dec 01...kinda funny.

I have no dealings with Sweeney Nissan (I bought a Ford from Walt Sweeney Ford and they were terrific). Wyler I have heard some good things about but that is on the other side of the city so my knowledge/experience is limited at best.

Yes, I do not pay marketing fees....period. You want me to leave over it..fine by me. Also try Castruci (sp?) in Dayton (725 & 741 right off 75 expressway). They seemed to go right to the bottom line also but did not have what I needed (5spd) but did have a good selection.

Good Luck!
Old 02-08-2002, 11:53 AM

i also live no where near cincy but i did a quick search for you in the dealership forum and found this http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=ohio
another satisfied customer up at buckeye in columbus.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:47 PM

I would suggest Castrucci Nissan (937)434-4627 in Dayton or Buckeye Nissan (614)771-2345 in Columbus. I bought my 2001 SE from Castrucci, but the window sticker said Buckeye Nissan They wanted to sell me one of the automagics on the lot, but I insisted on the 5sp and so they searched and found me exactly everything I asked for (color, options, etc) and they were pretty willing to negociate on a price everyone could live with. I had the car three days later
Old 02-08-2002, 01:14 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by djmaxski
I would suggest Castrucci Nissan (937)434-4627 in Dayton or Buckeye Nissan (614)771-2345 in Columbus. I bought my 2001 SE from Castrucci, but the window sticker said Buckeye Nissan They wanted to sell me one of the automagics on the lot, but I insisted on the 5sp and so they searched and found me exactly everything I asked for (color, options, etc) and they were pretty willing to negociate on a price everyone could live with. I had the car three days later
Yeah, the exact car that I wanted, Buckeye would not trade to Kings. Kings even tried going to Louisville. No dice. Wonder if it was Kings?

Salesman even gave me the number of both places and said if I really wanted, I could call. I called both and baically they said they would sell to me but not trade to Kings...they were "in direct competition". And they would not give me the same deal as I was negotiating with Kings for either. So I settled a little bit (SE instead of and AE) and got some "free" equipment (CD changer,no marketing fee...etc).
Old 02-08-2002, 06:06 PM

Well, ok... I did forget to mention that Castrucci did have to trade Buckeye Nissan a Majestic Blue AE to get me my 5spd... I wanted a black 5spd, otherwise I would have taken the automatic AE in blue
Old 02-08-2002, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by djmaxski
Well, ok... I did forget to mention that Castrucci did have to trade Buckeye Nissan a Majestic Blue AE to get me my 5spd... I wanted a black 5spd, otherwise I would have taken the automatic AE in blue

i have a black 5spd.