General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

nissan.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 11:42 PM

What you guys think about that ordeal? Nissan is trying to "steal" their site!

[Edited by TexMaximum on 11-15-2000 at 03:27 AM]
Old 11-15-2000, 02:00 AM
OG :)

Originally posted by TexMaximum
What you guys think about that ordeal? Nissan is trying to "steal" their site!

[Edited by TexMaximum on 11-15-2000 at 03:27 AM]
i use nissan-usa.com, all good then..
Old 11-15-2000, 05:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do you have any links say that they are? I don't see how they could, they both have legitimate rights to the name. However Nissan Computers got it first. The only real option as I see it is to buy it off of Nissan Computers. I wonder how many hits they get from us car guys?
Old 11-15-2000, 06:33 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Wizeguy
Do you have any links say that they are? I don't see how they could, they both have legitimate rights to the name. However Nissan Computers got it first. The only real option as I see it is to buy it off of Nissan Computers. I wonder how many hits they get from us car guys?
Well... that's true... but if you look at cases out there now... Madonna got madonna.com, honda is trying to take down all sites using the name 'honda' out there... and there are a bunch of other cases like these out there...

-Shing
Old 11-15-2000, 04:52 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

F*CK MR. NISSAN. NISSAN.COM IS BEING USES FOR F*CKING WEB REVENUE LINKS AND THEIR PRODUCT LIST IS NEVER UPDATED. THEYRE JUST MOOCHING OFF THE POPULARITY OF NISSAN.COM FOR F*CKEN WEB REVENUE.

grr....
Old 11-15-2000, 05:47 PM

MaximaZero

I think your wrong. They got it long before Nissan was on the web, and his last name is Nissan.

90% of visitors to expect to see cars at nissan.com, but thats not the owners fault as he had it long before, back in 94, plus his business name is legaly registered.

[Edited by TexMaximum on 11-16-2000 at 01:16 AM]
Old 11-15-2000, 06:42 PM

He should not lose that domain name nor have restrictions imposed on it

If my family name was Datsun, no mf can tell me to stop or restrict using my family name. I love the Maxima, but with ridiculous suits out there, it is very shameful. Shame on you Nissan Motors USA.
Old 11-15-2000, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by Shingles
Well... that's true... but if you look at cases out there now... Madonna got madonna.com, honda is trying to take down all sites using the name 'honda' out there... and there are a bunch of other cases like these out there...
-Shing [/I]
yeah but whoever got the madonna.com didn't have a legit reason for owning it.
in this case, nissan is the guy's family name for generations, it's on the brith certificate, long before nissan motor came into business. so...
Old 11-15-2000, 10:03 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

im just saying that the fool's misusing the site. he is doing everything totally legitamately, but his motives for having the site up are wrong. he's using the nissan name and its popularity to gain visitors. that, in turn is gaining him web revenue. i count at least TEN web revenue links on the main page of nissan.com. those links dont even have anything to do with the nissan computer business. if you go under his product listing, it hasnt been updated in ages. HIS NISSAN BASHING PAGE IS UPDATED MORE FREQUENTLY THAN HIS PRODUCT LIST. WTF is that? He has this nicely done site saying "boo hoo, im poor nissan computer co, being bullied by nissan motor co. please pity me. dont buy nissans anymore because they want our website." ive emailed the ******* a million time. he replies to me in a pleasant manner ONLY when i dont critisize him for doing anythign wrong. when i even mention the web revenue links on his main page, he never responds. ive tried many times and from many email addresses. in general, his sorry *** doesnt deserve the nissan.com name.
Old 11-15-2000, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by MaximaZero
im just saying that the fool's misusing the site. he is doing everything totally legitamately, but his motives for having the site up are wrong. he's using the nissan name and its popularity to gain visitors. that, in turn is gaining him web revenue.
his motivation is to make money, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. wouldn't you??
Old 11-15-2000, 10:24 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by WoodEar
Originally posted by MaximaZero
im just saying that the fool's misusing the site. he is doing everything totally legitamately, but his motives for having the site up are wrong. he's using the nissan name and its popularity to gain visitors. that, in turn is gaining him web revenue.
his motivation is to make money, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. wouldn't you??
like i said, fool's doing everyting legally. i cant argue with that. just pisses me off to see nissan.com exploited like that. he also uses his site to bash on nissan indirectly with all the feedback on his nissan bashing pages.
Old 11-15-2000, 11:20 PM

He did not exploite them, as he had nissan.com before car companies even thought about the web. I don't think back in 94 he though, I'll register my last name because its also a car company that will want it soon. Give me a brake.

And like woodear says, now if hes trying to make money off it, good for him!

It upsets me too that Nissan is doing this. They could buy the site from him, everyone has their price if they want it that bad.