General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Roadkilled by an integra!!!(long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2000 | 12:22 PM

Ok now I know you guys are gonna say its my driving, but its not, im a very good driver. anyways i was driving along when I came up to an Integra at a stop light. It was debadged so I couldn't tell if it was an R or not. It had racing stickers all over it and an aftermarket exhaust. The integra had one passenger in it and my car had four passengers(may be why I was beaten. I looked over at the driver and he looked back at me, it was on. So, the light turned green. We both had very good launches. We were even all the way through about 5000 rpm in second, and he started pulling on me. We stopped at abou 80 and he was about 2-3 car lenghts in front of me. I was very suprised, so I signaled to race again, this time we started while moving( started in 2nd). Held about even to midway through three and then I heard his vtec turn on and he again started to pull on me. So I was beaten fair and sqaure. At the next light I stopped to say nice race and asked him what he had on his car and he said intake and exhaust. I don't understand with only those mods on his car shouldnt I have pulled on him?
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Uhhh four people versus one person....come on you should have won...
Just Kidding

Four People = 600lbs (@150lbs each)
One person = 150lbs
difference = 450 lbs

That's a big difference in weight.
If it was a new type R or GS-R then they have similar horsepower with less weight to begin with.
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:32 PM

Strange with those mods, and you got beaten...

You have nice mods on your car, stange that you got beaten by Integra with only intake and exhaust, maybe it was Type-R.

Originally posted by jmax1
Ok now I know you guys are gonna say its my driving, but its not, im a very good driver. anyways i was driving along when I came up to an Integra at a stop light. It was debadged so I couldn't tell if it was an R or not. It had racing stickers all over it and an aftermarket exhaust. The integra had one passenger in it and my car had four passengers(may be why I was beaten. I looked over at the driver and he looked back at me, it was on. So, the light turned green. We both had very good launches. We were even all the way through about 5000 rpm in second, and he started pulling on me. We stopped at abou 80 and he was about 2-3 car lenghts in front of me. I was very suprised, so I signaled to race again, this time we started while moving( started in 2nd). Held about even to midway through three and then I heard his vtec turn on and he again started to pull on me. So I was beaten fair and sqaure. At the next light I stopped to say nice race and asked him what he had on his car and he said intake and exhaust. I don't understand with only those mods on his car shouldnt I have pulled on him?
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:33 PM

Don't be pissed

It's the weight difference man..4 people is what killed you

That's what got you..
Plus if it was a Type R i think it's just as fast as the maxima to begin with .. even with your mods..

Ant
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:33 PM

Yeah I coulldnt tell if it was a type R or not, but it was a newer mode(97+). What kind of times can those pull stock
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:37 PM
vapors smx

go look at the yahoo maxima page. nabil as a great story regarding the type r he raced with cheston and some others.
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Probably wasn't an R. You may have bogged your launch a bit with 4 people in the car.. Damn! Watch out dude. I wouldn't do that too often. My friend thought it was funny to do a GTECH run with 4 people in his car.. he pulled a GTECH timed 6.5 sec.. But he also fried his clutch. Got four people in the car? Don't bother next time. I doubt it was a debadged R. R owners are very proud of their Rs. They generally wouldn't debadge them. More likely it was a GS-R with a little bit more than you saw. Maybe not even. Because GS-Rs can be as fast as a 5-speed maxima if driven hard enough. And you had a full car. With a B18C1, get, intake, exhaust and a set of Toda Spec-B cams and you're pushing 200hp.

ZuM

Originally posted by jmax1
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:49 PM

Thanks guys, now I dont feel so bad. Next time I have a full car and am put in that situation ill have to restrain myself....but you know how hard it is to keep away from a good race
Old 11-16-2000 | 12:57 PM
The missing moderator

Why is it so suprising to be beat by an integra? I mean really... the type R stock for stock will out run the Maxima. Plus there are so many aftermarket stuff for the honda... I mean really why is it so surprising? Let's just take for example, your average looking CRX. Lower, aftermarket rims, exhaust... that's all you see. It say "Si" on the back... probably thinking to yourself, I could take that. You run it, all of a sudden, it's all over, the CRX is about 5 car length in front of you... my point is that there are so many things that the crx/integra/civic owner could have done... engine swap, supercharger, turbo, hybrid engine, etc etc.

-Shing
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:03 PM

My brother once got beat by an Integra in an M3. He was borrowing his friends '98 M3 4 door (5 spd) and this plain looking integra with 16"s and an exhaust pulled up at a light. Integra revs and when the light turned green they both nailed it. My brother expected to kill the Integra, but he got beaten by 3 car lengths to 70. He bumped into the guy later and it turns out the car had a built engine with a DPR Stage VI head, intake, exhaust, header, exedy clutch, etc. Guy built a total sleeper. So don't be so surprised.
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:04 PM

I guess its because all he said he had was an intake and exhaust, and when compared to the mods on my car I should have beaten him. But then again I did have extra wieght. And also I doubt it was an R
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:05 PM

I guess its because all he said he had was an intake and exhaust, and when compared to the mods on my car I should have beaten him. But then again I did have extra wieght. And also I doubt it was an R. Im not trying to make an excuses eathier, I mean he beat me fairly and i can accept that
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Integra Type R's are only made in one or 2,

colors I think bright yellow and some blue colar{cant remember} ,I might be wrong about what colors but they are different then normal Teg's.Anyways looks like you need a UPRD chip then you will wooooop!! his *** next time.
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:18 PM
The missing moderator

Re: Integra Type R's are only made in one or 2,

Originally posted by emax95
colors I think bright yellow and some blue colar{cant remember} ,I might be wrong about what colors but they are different then normal Teg's.Anyways looks like you need a UPRD chip then you will wooooop!! his *** next time.
98 Rs only came in Champion white, it's an off white color,
This year, It's in yellow... and I think black. BTW, 5 lugs is the key... Rs have 5 lugs, and other's don't.

-Shing
Old 11-16-2000 | 02:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Integra Type R's are only made in one or 2,

Rs also have the lower tie bar in the back under the car. Inside the truck there is also an extra reinforcement in the trunk.. Not a RSTB. But some tegs get R brake kits. But generally they don't get the lower tie bar. Because its not flashy. Thats how I tell the real ones from the fake ones from the back.

ZuM

Originally posted by Shingles
Originally posted by emax95
98 Rs only came in Champion white, it's an off white color,
This year, It's in yellow... and I think black. BTW, 5 lugs is the key... Rs have 5 lugs, and other's don't.

-Shing
Old 11-16-2000 | 05:21 PM

GS-R vs Type-R

Shing is right. I being in a car club with many GS-R's and 2 Type-R integras know that the Type-R's have 5-lug wheels while the GS-R's, LS, etc.. have 4-lug. Also, one of my team members has a 95 Integra GS-R with only an intake and exhaust. He also gutted the trunk... with that reduced weight and your gained weight (4 people in the car) makes a huge difference in performance.

Type-R colors... pre 1998 Type-R's came in an off-white color. The newer Type-R's come in Yellow w/gun metal wheels and I believe they might have a Black color option also but it's not as common.

If you see an Integra and want to know if it's a Type-R or a "fake" Type-R.. just look at the lugs, also look red seats inside and Type-R floor mats, etc...
Old 11-16-2000 | 07:31 PM

i raced my friends 95 gs-R on the street and beat him by half a car. i think i did pretty good considering i have no modds and im an auto. he had an intake,exhaust, and was a stick. btw, ive lost to many little civic h/bs..those things fly..and i raced a type R once..i rather not talk about it
Old 11-16-2000 | 09:24 PM

Originally posted by breaux124
Uhhh four people versus one person....come on you should have won...
Just Kidding

Four People = 600lbs (@150lbs each)
One person = 150lbs
difference = 450 lbs

That's a big difference in weight.
If it was a new type R or GS-R then they have similar horsepower with less weight to begin with.
For every 100lbs, take 1/10 sec off your 1320 (q-mile) time. A car of 4 vs 1 is a big diff. I bet if it was just you it would be a victory for you.
Old 11-16-2000 | 09:42 PM

First of all, when you ask, not everyone tells all their mods. He could had had more then those two.

Can you really "hear" the vtech turn on?
Old 11-16-2000 | 09:59 PM

Really doubt it was an R, and for him to say only intake + exhaust and have beaten you I'd guess it was and LS w/ a ZEX kit...old timers don't call it "Sneaky Pete" for nothin'. And 4 people in the Max hurts about as much as 2 in a 'teg. But whatever he had it was more than what he said.