General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Those with ES Bushings please check in...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Those with ES Bushings please check in...

I've read a lot of threads about the Energy Suspension bushings, but until now I had never really considered them. I am not looking to get the control arm bushings simply because of the install, so this thread is only dealing with the FSB bushings (7-5118G) and the FSB Endlink bushings (4803G). All in all I can get all the bushings for ~$25, but I'm really looking for durability here. Improved suspension is great, but I'd rather sacrifice some improvement for bushings that last over 30k. Albert and sinewave both report having torn ES bushings relatively quickly, but do the new ones have these durability problems? http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....energy+bushing
The Courtesy part numbers are listed are slightly different from the part numbers at suspension.com so maybe these bushings have been changed since their intial mold
If you're interested in more info here's some good threads.
http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

So if you have these bushings how are they holding up?
-hype
Old 02-21-2002, 03:00 PM

Re: Those with ES Bushings please check in...

I know there aren't that many guys who have the bushings, but I know a few do. Sinewave, Albert, and njmaxseltd at least.
-hype
Old 02-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Courtesy bushings on my front sway bar. The OEM's were shot after 30K. To new to tell if these will hold up longer, but there cheap enough to replace every 3 years.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Courtesy bushings on my front sway bar. The OEM's were shot after 30K. To new to tell if these will hold up longer, but there cheap enough to replace every 3 years.
Thanks for the reply njmax. 3 years I could deal with, but it seems like those who had problems (Albert/Sinewave) had their bushings go within a year. Since you've recommended them twice I'll just take your word for it and get them. I have basic instructions, but could you give an estimate on how long it would take to install all the FSB bushings? I will be doing my AGX/B+G, FSB bushings, and my SMC STS at the same time. I have help but it's still going to be a long day.
Thanks
-hype
Old 02-21-2002, 09:38 PM
SLOW

What are the symptoms of ruined bushings? My car has 121K on it and I'm sure the bushings have never been replaced. I've been getting alot of strange clunking from the front suspension that never used to be there, and I'm thinking its most likely the bushings.
Old 02-22-2002, 05:43 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by xHypex

I have basic instructions, but could you give an estimate on how long it would take to install all the FSB bushings? I will be doing my AGX/B+G, FSB bushings, and my SMC STS at the same time. I have help but it's still going to be a long day.
Thanks
-hype
Once you take the wheels off and the struts out, the bushing will take you less then 5 minutes to replace. Remember you have to loosen both sides, the bar has to come off both left and right links together. Otherwise you'll be fighting the force of the bar!

Nealoc187 - Just replace them, at 121K I'm sure they've been shot for a while now.