General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

If you park your ride on the street, here's some words of wisdom

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you park your ride on the street, here's some words of wisdom

All of you fellas should fold in your mirrors. I went outside this morning to see my mirror was hit by a idiot on a bike and it scraped off some paint. Yes I was ****ed and didn't want to post it but made the mirror look much better than it did. My can of touch-up paint and skill painted the scratch and it really can't be noticed unless you look very close.

Big props to Paintscratch, 3M Rubbing Compound and Maguiars Gold Class.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:06 PM
I'm needing a caw

I hope the guy on the bike flipped and bent his rims!

Old 02-25-2002, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se

And messed up his face
Old 02-25-2002, 07:10 PM

Re: If you park your ride on the street, here's some words of wisdom

Originally posted by deezo
All of you fellas should fold in your mirrors. I went outside this morning to see my mirror was hit by a idiot on a bike and it scraped off some paint. Yes I was ****ed and didn't want to post it but made the mirror look much better than it did. My can of touch-up paint and skill painted the scratch and it really can't be noticed unless you look very close.

I feel your pain. Last year a biker behind me couldn't stop in time and ran into my trunk. My trunk had a rubber mark (eventually removed with wax and bug & tar cleaner) and he bent his bike wheel. An expensive olympic-style bike too.
-Cyrus
Old 02-25-2002, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the support fellas. I think I'll sleep in my car tonight and wait for the knucklehead to ride by and spray him with pepper spray or better yet, give him 100,000 Volts of my stunt gun. I'm sure the fool rides to work every morning because its cold as hell out and he's on a bike.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Man, I know what you mean. Just this weekend I'm chilling in a parking garage with my girlfriend when this guy pulls up in his Tahoe. He can't see us because of my tint and he gets out and walks by my car and his butt clips my mirror and folds it out. I almost lost it because the guy just looked around to see if anyone saw it and popped it back into place. Well he went into the theatre and I got out and popped his mirror forward. Maybe he'll realize that someone saw him do that.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Ants97SE
Man, I know what you mean. Just this weekend I'm chilling in a parking garage with my girlfriend when this guy pulls up in his Tahoe. He can't see us because of my tint and he gets out and walks by my car and his butt clips my mirror and folds it out. I almost lost it because the guy just looked around to see if anyone saw it and popped it back into place. Well he went into the theatre and I got out and popped his mirror forward. Maybe he'll realize that someone saw him do that.
Cool! At least you got some statisfaction.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:40 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE

And messed up his face

and banged his knee , elbow , and shin.... cause it really hurts
Old 02-25-2002, 08:26 PM

Deezo, I have some light scratches by my fender and was thinking of using that 3M rubbing compound, how effective is it?
Old 02-25-2002, 09:00 PM

It might be difficult for YOU to see the scratch, but God knows it's there!
Old 02-26-2002, 12:04 AM

HAHAHA! all of these fat people in Texas...lol. There's a Raquetball and Fitness there for a reason...USE IT!
Old 02-26-2002, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE

And messed up his face : laugh:
Originally posted by bags533

and banged his knee , elbow , and shin.... cause it really hurts : mad:
And DIED and rotz in hell! ...j/k...come on guys it was just a mirror.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:36 AM

If you park on the street, there isn't really much one can do. Rocks can fly by, tree sap can fall on it. People can scratch it, and a dog can p!ss on it. When I first got my 87 Supra I stay up late at night making sure no one would break in. Just prior to that I had my 89 Celica broken into and $1500 or stereo/baseball equipments were stolen.

I guess one can get a bunch of pilons and put them around the car, plus put a doberman at each corner :-)
Old 02-26-2002, 01:31 AM

one time my dad parked on the street, and opened the door. at which point a bicyclist ran full speed into the door with a huge THUD, and bent his front wheel. the bicyclist was pretty ****ed, and threated to sue.. but never did.. i guess it was my dad's fault, but its kinda funny now that I look back on it..
Old 02-26-2002, 01:41 AM

Thanks for the support fellas. I think I'll sleep in my car tonight and wait for the knucklehead to ride by and spray him with pepper spray or better yet, give him 100,000 Volts of my stunt gun. I'm sure the fool rides to work every morning because its cold as hell out and he's on a bike.
Somebody at work has the older S420, and they actually fold the mirrors and 3-point star every day!!
Old 02-26-2002, 02:03 AM

Originally posted by for sHo

And DIED and rotz in hell! ...j/k...come on guys it was just a mirror.
just a mirror huh
Old 02-26-2002, 04:32 AM

Re: Re: If you park your ride on the street, here's some words of wisdom

Originally posted by platinumplus
Deezo, I have some light scratches by my fender and was thinking of using that 3M rubbing compound, how effective is it?
Very effective. Its good for smoothing out and hiding the scratches that are clear coat level.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:36 AM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Somebody at work has the older S420, and they actually fold the mirrors and 3-point star every day!!
Being that used to have an S320 as a company car, I know how fun it is to fold in the mirrors on an S Class Sedan. The mirrors are motorized and fold in with the pull of a switch.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:23 AM
BlkCat

I think the mirrors should be folded wherever you park. Some people walking through the parking lot at shopping malls can be careless too.
Last year a bike hit my drivers side mirror and tore off bits of plastic. I had to pick up what pieces I could find and glued them back on with a glue gun.

Old 02-26-2002, 11:12 AM

Re: Re: If you park your ride on the street, here's some words of wisdom

Originally posted by ru4real

It might be difficult for YOU to see the scratch, but God knows it's there!
LOL! Truuuuuueeee...and YOU know it was there, so you can look for your own vengeance in the mean time (get forensics out there to trace tire tred marks ).
Old 02-27-2002, 05:48 AM

Classic !

Old 02-27-2002, 09:46 AM

Here's a q!

If you fold your mirrors in, wouldn't it encourage people to walk closer to your car? I'm thinking metal rivets on jeans

Poor paint